HOTS not dying, eh?

General Discussion
https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/6310/dignitas-jaypl-announces-retirement-after-blizzcon
that's because no one knows how to play this game, which turns off people when they get frustrated and quit....
Highly Rated
LOL ONE PERSON RETIRES FROM PRO SCENE AND THE GAME IS DEAD?

this forum, man. Blizzard, plz delete this whole forum, since the game is dead there's no need for it
Are pro gamers not allowed to quit, ever?
Does that mean Starcraft is dead? They lose professional players constantly.

Does that mean all gaming is dead? I don’t think there’s a single one that has never had a player quit.
QuackNiix also quits after the crucible

and JayPl is probably the best tank in EU so this matters.
09/25/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Ainz

John Elway also quit... And that was on Back-to-Back Superbowl wins.

It happens.
09/25/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Flinx
09/25/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Ainz

It happens.

Did u just compare hots and football?
He wants to become a streamer in other games cos hots doesnt yield money. I mean yes hots doesnt die because of that but its still a bad sign.

Dont forget that he plays in the 2nd if not the best team in the world and still cant make a "good living" out of it. Ofc if they win blizzcon he will get some noice cash for the fresh start.
09/25/2018 04:33 PMPosted by Ainz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It happens.

Did u just compare hots and football?
He wants to become a streamer in other games cos hots doesnt yield money. I mean yes hots doesnt die because of that but its still a bad sign.

Dont forget that he plays in the 2nd if not the best team in the world and still cant make a "good living" out of it. Ofc if they win blizzcon he will get some noice cash for the fresh start.

Grubby doesn't even play this game anymore, that's how dead it is. Everyone got sick of Blizzard releasing OP heroes for the cash grab and then the players have to deal with them. Used to take me 100-120 seconds to find a ranked game. Now it takes 360+.

There is a reason Blizzard won't release player numbers. Because it is probably between 5000-6000 per region at this point.

------------------------------------------

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct
Typical. Somebody gives evidence and it gets downvoted!
09/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Jupiter
https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/6310/dignitas-jaypl-announces-retirement-after-blizzcon

Nah this game is fine and will stay in a healthy state as long they keep tweaking heroes in the correct manner and create variety routes for supports like bringing back some dps potential traits. I don't mind supporting this game as long they respect their players and be active on reports meaning defending those who got false reported.
09/25/2018 04:39 PMPosted by Copypastable

I get that you're just regurgitating ideology but that's not what the word evidence means.

What evidence? One player retires and that means the sky is falling?
To reiterate: By that logic Starcraft, the biggest competitive game around, is dying at an incredible rate. Because some of it’s big professional players quit every year.
Literally no game, anywhere, doesn’t have some of its big players calling it quits every year.

Why would you expect someone to play forever? In anything?
I feel a heavy presence here, but whatever it is I empathize it.
09/25/2018 04:44 PMPosted by Dagordae

What evidence? One player retires and that means the sky is falling?
To reiterate: By that logic Starcraft, the biggest competitive game around, is dying at an incredible rate. Because some of it’s big professional players quit every year.
Literally no game, anywhere, doesn’t have some of its big players calling it quits every year.

Why would you expect someone to play forever? In anything?

It's not just one player retiring. All of China quit, which is why we have bronze to silver players in Chinese HGC scene. MVP dropped HotS as a sponsor in Korea, they had 2 teams they were sponsoring. The announcement of EU players quitting while still under guaranteed contract is deviating. Na lost 2 members of the top team, and likely will have 2 of the top teams in NA disband after Blizcon.

Call it 1 player, but it's more like 15% of the pro scene at this point.
anyone bother to read the article or are people just reacting to the title?

cuz ya know, reasons
Did you even read the link? He just doesn`t want to play a teamgame anymore. And HotS isn`t dying if some pros leave.

If anything the game dies because what they did over the last year (or even two years) on the dev side. Hardcore powercreep heroes, snowball of the storm (laning changes) and "lets wait two weeks and then do too little or nothing at all"-patchmentality is what turns long time players away.
09/25/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Deshara
LOL ONE PERSON RETIRES FROM PRO SCENE AND THE GAME IS DEAD?

this forum, man. Blizzard, plz delete this whole forum, since the game is dead there's no need for it

well, as for that, if you had read the actual article to the end, you would have seen this:

this marks the fourth professional Heroes of the Storm player to announce their retirement from the scene over the past three months, joining Harrison “psalm” Chang, Dob “Quackniix” Engström and Taylor “Arthelon” Eder.

I am not saying this means HotS is dead, but at least get the story straight.