What could go wrong? (playing TLV)

General Discussion
https://imgur.com/a/GtAwjgw

Feel free to guess.
Haven't you been paying attention to the forums? Learn to counter them! Gosh! /s
Ez. After the enemy hits lvl 10 you only play Olaf. If the enemy hits level 20 don’t leave the spawn.

So u can Counter mephisto’s ulti.
It's just l2p issue
09/28/2018 09:53 AMPosted by CCORD
It's just l2p issue

Explain, I play Vikings since Hots release.

Pretty hard at release but fun and effective too.

Now they're only hard. Playing in Brawls usually results in feeding.
dude.. theyre a hero with talents that make them okay to die. but even then, not that hard looking.
Mephisto's heroic is just ridiculous for characters like TLV and Abathur. They don't have any way to negate or reduce its effects other than hiding in the spawn. IMO they should make Abathur have some kind of damage reduction while possessing/immobile. For TLV they should just reduce the damage they take from it to 1/3 since they are three separate characters with reduced health bars.
09/28/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Kotumser
They don't have any way to negate or reduce its effects other than hiding in the spawn.

actually if you pick jump talent you can avoid every ult mephisto cast in the game.
09/28/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Lostbeard

actually if you pick jump talent you can avoid every ult mephisto cast in the game.

Considered if you got 3 lvl lead yea, but hard to do so since towers have unlimited ammo. Also you can't dogde the bonus cast of the Talent "Consumed by Hatred".
09/28/2018 10:37 AMPosted by QuietOnset
dude.. theyre a hero with talents that make them okay to die. but even then, not that hard looking.
\
the main problem is that at lvl 20 double vikings almost guarantees a double cast of Mephisto's ult, and could wipe the vikings, so basically Mephisto can look where the vikings are in lane, and if Eric is at like 60% hp he can ult, and take out about 50% of the entire teams hp, the only counter to this would be picking longboat raid (oof) and grouping your vikings every 120 seconds until Mephisto ults
actually if you pick jump talent you can avoid every ult mephisto cast in the game.[/quote]

good point
I’ve played the Vikings for several games since Meph’s release, and think they are better off than most heroes for avoiding the ult’s damage. Jump obviously helps avoid one cast, but they have another talent that can help: Norse Force. Its shield is small, but it can be all you need to keep the Vikings alive.
When I play them I am frequently matched against the butcher and yea recently Meph + butcher on the enemy team. On 2 lane maps all you got to do is.................
I actually dont see a problem here? the ult even at 20 doesn't 1-shot a viking if its full health (its like 60-70% for erik if i recall on my math), keep your regeneration high, use jump on ult and if needed, dodge with viking longboat or recover with stay alive ult. Late game its pretty easy to keep vikings at full health as the enemy has a hard time splitting their group.