Story time - Watchtower Quest

General Discussion
More like a bedstory.

So this watchtower quest is pretty difficult to complete if you don't rush AI games.
And today I finally started my attempts on doing this quest in Ranked.

First match: Cursed Hollow
I was estatic, first try, immediately a map where I could finish the quest if I were to win.
The draft continued and our comp was actually really decent.
My turn to select a hero as 3rd slot after ban round 2 ... "Someone disconnected from the server"

Aww shucks, there goes my chance for the next 10 hours :(

Or so I thought!

Second game after 5 minutes waiting: Sky Temple
Woohoo! Another attempt and yet again another decent comp for our team.
I was first pick and banning was over .. I wanted to click select and ..."Somenoe disconnected from the server"

NOOOO :(

I wanted to go for another chance, but then my dinner was almost finished cooking and stewing, so I will try my luck out again later on!

That was my sad bedtime story!
Time to add to my sad story.

I played Sky Temple in Ranked finally again!
We got matched against a strong enemy, but we did our best.

After capping the watchtower multiple times myself during that game as Ana, we got enough vision to eventually win the game!

The match finishes, stats calculated and everything, so I happily go and check my progress of the quest.

Why, after all Sky Temple HAS a watchtower and ranked play is included right?

Well ....

I got 0 count to my watchtower quest progress that game, despite winning, despite capping myself that vision spot multiple times.

So I am at a los on how it works right now, and saddend that I didn't manage to complete it in that winning game :(
The same situation on Cursed Hollow.

Won a game, captured watchtowers by myself multiple times .. and still no quest progress :(

These games were all ranked with played with Ana.
Were you the first person to cap the Watch Tower? The only times I had it count was when I was the first, but since I always rushed them I was always among first.

I suggest running Versus AI to get it. You can use the opportunity to level up some heroes you practically never play. All it takes is 2 Cursed Hollow rolls and no selfish allies.
09/27/2018 01:01 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
Were you the first person to cap the Watch Tower? The only times I had it count was when I was the first, but since I always rushed them I was always among first.

I suggest running Versus AI to get it. You can use the opportunity to level up some heroes you practically never play. All it takes is 2 Cursed Hollow rolls and no selfish allies.

I captured them even solo.

It might be that it bugs out when you change your quest status DURING draft.
That is what I did 2/2 times.

I can't find any other explanation.