Its no longer tanks, healers, or assassins

General Discussion
To be honest, I think every match is determined by the cc.

In a game where one team is wiping the floor with Garrosh, Butcher, Junkrat, Xul, and Malfurian tore down Lucio, Sylvanas, Nova, Tyrael, and Zuljin. Every encounter was determined by cc power.

So perhaps the algorithm needs to change to attempt to balance the amount of cc on a team? Might be impossible since cc is now so prolific.
True, CC matter. On this scenario, it was also one melee vs three. I don't think Tyrael is enough to stop those divers.
Tyrael vs Garrosh is a matchmaker fail regardless. They are both treated as 'bruisers' even though Garrosh can also be a main tank and a huge playmaker with a throw as his basic ability.

Garrosh can also peel for teammates by stunning enemy heroes or throwing the ally over a wall. Tyrael can do nothing to peel for his team except provide a tiny shield (or a speed boost that wont do anything to help a CC'ed teammate).

Tyrael should be equal only to Sonya, Leoric, Artanis or Dehaka since they are not main tanks either. His job is not doing the same job as Garrosh does so why they treat them as equals in the matchmaker is a mystery.
Yes, CC is the most important in teamfight then follow by mobile skill and movespeed then follow by damage.

Full of burst dmg side always runway when see CC side come because no one dare to tank that so it become CC side can easily chase down and cc those flee side.
No it is tank healer cc waveclear assassin in ranked at least.
QM could try to balance some cc but between the ease of use or having some being talents i am not sure we'd avoid those situation much.
09/28/2018 10:21 PMPosted by MacWeak

[/quote]

I am starting to wonder if it is tank (with cc), healer (with cc), any other cc, then waveclear, assassin?
CC is very powerful and far too common in this game. I mainly play melee (usually tanks) and this game has become sooo.... daaaamn.... sloooow - Everyone slows everyone, crawling around in the fight, juking, stutter stepping, these high-level skills have been nerfed indirectly as a result of cc, enemy targeted doesn't matter as long as everyone focuses the same target.

As a tank, as melee, it sucks. It just isn't a hell of a lot of fun to play a slowed down character against other slowed down characters, get bounced around like a ping-pong ball with all the displacement, lose complete control through hard cc and then die. It really is low skill, unappealing gameplay as both player and spectator.

They've dumbed the game down slowly and I find myself enjoying it less and less, logging in less and less and mainly missing what the game used to be, as opposed to what it is now.
Good thing Blizzard gutted Relentless then, I guess!
Yep, Relentless was OP. GG melee warriors, it's a ranged game now.
More convinced today after paying attention to matchups over the weekend. CC into overlapping AoE effects = always win. That is fairly obvious. But then you watch cc to a lesser extent and watch how cc what wins 5v5, 1v1, objectives, etc.

Blizzard really needs to revisit all the cc they have dropped into the game. It has taken away the battles, the brawls. Nobody dukes it out anymore. Just click silence and win.
09/28/2018 10:21 PMPosted by MacWeak

09/29/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Firefly63
I am starting to wonder if it is tank (with cc), healer (with cc), any other cc, then waveclear, assassin?

tbh its always been like that. take a while to really think about who the most popular heroes usually are. not the ones picked because they just got released or something like that. i mean the ones that keep on going through pretty much all the metas.

here is a few to get you started:
Diablo (tank), Jaina (Assassin), Uther (Support)