Fun Fact: Samuro + Stealth

General Discussion
The 25% Movement Speed isn't attached to Wind Walk, but to the Stealth mechanic. Today I played Samuro with a Shadowstalk Tyrande on my team and I noticed that I got the 25% bonus Movement Speed when she used her ult.
This is a pretty interesting mechanic so I just wanted to share this with you guys. Maybe Tyrande + Samuro will be a cool combo with this "second wind walk".
Good eye.

It's probably a bug. I expect they'll patch it out now that you've pointed it out.

Can't have stealth heroes being relevant in general play!
but why name the thread "Daily Fact:" when "Fun Fact:" is the superior thread title available?
09/29/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Maximus
Good eye.

It's probably a bug. I expect they'll patch it out now that you've pointed it out.

I don't think it's a bug. The description says "While Stealthed, Samuro's Movement Speed is increased by 25%...". I just didn't know it mean Stealth from any source.

09/29/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Deshara
but why name the thread "Daily Fact:" when "Fun Fact:" is the superior thread title available?

Are you happy, friend?
I don't think it's a bug. The description says "While Stealthed, Samuro's Movement Speed is increased by 25%...". I just didn't know it mean Stealth from any source.
I'm fairly certain that was not what they intended. They probably meant specifically from Wind Walk, as effects that grant stealth to other players are extremely rare (limited to Dust of Disappearance and the new Shadowstalk and Invisible Friends).

I suspect they had a rule against that before Tyrande was reworked the first time (so that Shadowstalk only cloaked herself) but it was removed afterward as it became irrelevant. They likely forgot to reintroduce it when they added DoD and Invisible Friends and de-worked Shadowstalk.

So yes, I fully expect this is an unintended consequence of a change in coding (a.k.a. a bug), though it's one I would be happy to see made intentional. I want to see stealth heroes synergize with other heroes more often.
09/29/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Maximus
Good eye.

Its called lazy programming
That's kind of nifty, actually. That means it could also work with Brightwing's new Invisible Friends, and Medivh's old Invisibility. Good to know!
Imagine the combos with invisible friends from BW