Watchtower Quest?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Limiting the map rotation that one or two maps are available for completion is the most ridiculous set up for a event EVER.

Vision camps on Hunamura Temple don't even count either, so either you spam AI for the chance or do ranked because that's the only way to complete it reliably.

Blizz, come on.
Just run custom.. no need to get mad
09/26/2018 12:23 PMPosted by MVPMacho
Just run custom.. no need to get mad
According to posts in other threads, custom games don't award any credit (which is kind of what I'd expect).
This:
09/26/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Kage
Vision camps on Hunamura Temple don't even count either, so either you spam AI for the chance or do ranked because that's the only way to complete it reliably.

Also, I never noticed how few maps actually have watchtowers - apparently the designer of this quest hasn't either.

Fix the ones on Hanamura and assign wt-status to shrines on Dragonshire. Or put people with this quest only on maps with wts as long as it is active - this is ridiculous.

pls&thks
09/26/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Ruarigh
Also, I never noticed how few maps actually have watchtowers - apparently the designer of this quest hasn't either.

IKR?
It's quite a blunder to be honest.
I think I've got 1/4 right now, but this is just awful. This challenge, this map pool, this amateur hour mistake. Awful.
This is the most stupid quest I have ever witnessed in my life. This absolutely takes the cake. I have done over 10 games so far vs A.I. and none of them had the Cursed map. Ridiculous.
09/26/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Ruarigh
Also, I never noticed how few maps actually have watchtowers

Most of them are early maps. Blackhearts, Mines, and Hollow have them. Only Dragonshire did not of the original four. They sort of fell out of favor, I guess.

Except with the person or persons who designed the quest!
Just curious.. how long is this event? at least a month right???

There are 4 quests per "hero" in the special event tab.. and ive seen enough watch tower threads to make me rethink why i even look at these forums..

Seriously.. go do another quest. you dont lose progress on this one, they fixed the healing quest last night and there are 3 other quest lines to do - go do them - and if / when they are done Blizz and hasnt updated the map pool. Then come complain.

EDIT: Nice. Someone will make the 100th thread on this topic in less than 48 hours... LESS than 48 hours.. I think they get the idea!! All these quests take 1-2 games each.. you have 20 days. clam down. youll get your spray and emoji..
09/26/2018 03:36 PMPosted by DigitaLegacy

There are 4 quests per "hero" in the special event tab.. and ive seen enough watch tower threads to make me rethink why i even look at these forums..

Seriously.. go do another quest. you dont lose progress on this one, they fixed the healing quest last night and there are 3 other quest lines to do - go do them - and if / when they are done Blizz and hasnt updated the map pool. Then come complain.

20d left from today.
Probably have done 10 to 12 co-op matches, so far only 1 map that I actually could do the quest in. This is dumb.
20+ A.I games, and nothing but Towers, Alterac, Hanamura and Garden.
The quest really Is poorly Implemented :(

Or we can do other quests and complain about this one :P
This should take a few tweaks that doesn't add more clutter.

Examples:

Dragon Shire's beacons count for quest.
Vision Camps on Hunamura Temple are now 'watchtowers'.

Maybe expand the map rotation?
Cannot get a f-n map with any watchtowers on. FFS Blizzard.

Ever consider that some people may have already completed the other 3 quest lines? They aren't that hard.
I know it's random and frankly, I don't like Cursed Hollow, but right now, that's the only map I want to play until this silly quest is done. This is a bit as irritating as some of the old school WoW farming I used to hate. Completing this quest isn't about skill. It's about persistently hitting the "Ready" button long enough to finally get the random number generator to generate the right number
Huh. I thought vs AI was supposed to have all maps available?! That explains why I keep getting the same ones this week.
What is a watch tower? Oh that circle you stand on for vision.
lmfao wow, well I know which quest not to do first!!