My first HL rank ever.

General Discussion
So I finally completed my placements for ranked for first time since I joined HotS. My placements went 8-2 and I was promoted to Gold 2 with about 300 points woohoo...

Played a few more games and I’m just 2 games away from promotion. (12W-4L)

I was told the highest you can be placed was Gold 3, so I can’t complain about getting into Gold 2.
I was Diamond in LoL and I think climbing on this game looks a bit easier. I’m trying to at least get to Diamond here as well.
Gonna take some grinding, but the start was good.
Congratulations. If you played Diamond in LoL then you should mechanically able to get into masters in HOTS.
I would recommend that you try out some fun noob stomper heroes while you're still ranking up through gold to master a variety of characters, because after you reach diamond you won't be able to enjoy them anymore. Good luck
09/27/2018 12:50 AMPosted by HElSENBERG
because after you reach diamond you won't be able to enjoy them anymore.

Not true anything works until you reach mid master, and even then its situational.
09/26/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Geisard
So I finally completed my placements for ranked for first time since I joined HotS. My placements went 8-2 and I was promoted to Gold 2 with about 300 points woohoo...

Played a few more games and I’m just 2 games away from promotion. (12W-4L)

I was told the highest you can be placed was Gold 3, so I can’t complain about getting into Gold 2.
I was Diamond in LoL and I think climbing on this game looks a bit easier. I’m trying to at least get to Diamond here as well.
Gonna take some grinding, but the start was good.

New players in HL can be seeded Gold5 max and after completing Placement Matches can be promoted up to max Plat5. Congratulations on your first placement!
09/27/2018 12:21 AMPosted by aubergine
Congratulations. If you played Diamond in LoL then you should mechanically able to get into masters in HOTS.

I’m also getting Faorite adjustment points almost every game. What does that mean? I get that even when I lose
09/27/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Geisard
09/27/2018 12:21 AMPosted by aubergine

I’m also getting Faorite adjustment points almost every game. What does that mean? I get that even when I lose

It means that your mmr is higher than your rank. So the system makes you move faster to the right spot.
09/27/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Guibou
09/27/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Geisard

It means that your mmr is higher than your rank. So the system makes you move faster to the right spot.

I thought that was Personal Rank Adjustment. The same thing basically
Favored adjustment points are based on the MMR difference between the two teams. If the enemy team is favored to win, but you beat them, you will gain extra points. If your team is expected to lose, and does so, you may still get a small, positive point adjustment.