Reminder that quick match isn't for you to try hard

General Discussion
09/28/2018 08:55 PMPosted by UncleGanon

the problem with your argument is your using one extreme of a person who is clearly trolling and not using the extreme of the competitive player that is far more common than the troll.
because one of these is an extreme (the comp player that is apparently super toxic) and one of these is pretty common (the player who constantly uses "it's just QM" as an excuse for poor play).

it's targeting the typical competitive players that put the rest of the team down for screwing up one time. You lose one teamfight and they will immediately start insulting you. People wanting others to play perfectly gets a bit absurd in these days.
this is an incredibly small minority of players not even worth discussing. yes, nobody likes a dude who goes bananas over ever minor screwup but this is unrelated to competitive players. Do you think masters, GMs and pro players explode in their games constantly?

hell if you can make a fighting game reference then you know for a fact that if it's not ranked, it's casual matches because that's what the community refers too.

there's more nuance in fighting games though because they are 1v1 games. unless you are referring to friendlies, something that is often meant as a warmup, a wind down, a way to quickly practice or even see how good someone is by actually trying to win.

The scrubs* are the ones in these casual matches beating down new players while insulting and !@#$%^-*!@ them because the new player isn't familiar with the game so they can get away with a lot of stuff that should be punishable.

DO you uhh..... actually play fighting games? this isn't really a thing that happens. if playing online, people tend to be matched with someone of comparable skill. at tournaments, new players generally don't actually enter into pools until they are good enough at the game. also I've never even HEARD of what you're describing?

(*scrubs is meant to refer to a player that behaves like the know the game but in actuality doesn't)
a scrub is just a bad player, often one who blames literally everything instead of improving. by calling people who play better tryhards, you are refusing to just get better at the game and take the blame that you deserve.

https://twitter.com/scrubquotesx?lang=en

a really good example of what actual scrubs look like

both of them are common, which is sad for me to say, and both of them are extreme. Watch any streamer or play a couple of matches and your more often than not gonna run into either one of these issues. Someone is gonna play poorly and the other is gonna be overly toxic to teammates for not being as good.

trust me i've ran into that fighting game problem far too often for me to lie about it. experiencing it myself and seeing others on stream run into such people when trying to learn the game. These are usually people who aren't really into the fgc and just enjoy stomping people but they are a really common problem in fighting games. (and is the reason why alot of people view fighting game players as elitists)
09/28/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Bloodrush
see the key point is the difference between criticizism and toxicity. Should the worse player do better? definitely because nobody likes losing a throwed game but the better players shouldn't abuse the worse player on their team due to their poor performance.

If you have a problem lets say you are dying every 20s (many players are like this... and YES THATS EXTREME TROLL LEVEL SORT OF PROBLEM... YOU ARE A COMMUNITY PROBLEM.... you are ruining the fun and the game for everyone else on your team. You are throwing the match there... WITH THE SAME EFFECTIVENESS as someone doing it on purpose.

Obviously you aren't ready for PvP yet and need to go practice somewhere else. That's vs. AI.... there are basics you haven't caught on to yet. Don't go into games with the general public and act like they OWE you 20-30 minutes of their time while you stay DEAD the entire MATCH.

People telling you about this... is going to happen. That is GOING TO HAPPEN NO MATTER WHAT.
What you need to do is get your big boy pants on and realize you either have a mental problem, you are going blind or BOTH and (go see a doctor) go play vs. AI till you can play at a decent enough level that you aren't AN ABSOLUTE NUISANCE to be with anymore.
see the key point is the difference between criticizism and toxicity. Should the worse player do better? definitely because nobody likes losing a throwed game but the better players shouldn't abuse the worse player on their team due to their poor performance.

If you have a problem lets say you are dying every 20s (many players are like this... and YES THATS EXTREME TROLL LEVEL SORT OF PROBLEM... YOU ARE A COMMUNITY PROBLEM.... you are ruining the fun and the game for everyone else on your team.

Obviously you aren't ready for PvP yet and need to go practice somewhere else. That's vs. AI.... there are basics you haven't caught on to yet. Don't go into games with the general public and act like they OWE you 20-30 minutes of their time while you stay DEAD the entire MATCH.

did you not read my entire comment? i literally stated that the trolling player is in the wrong. Why are you going to keep going on about the dying player when i've already stated that it wasn't ok?

The point is that people shouldn't be ok with competitive players who mistreat others simply because they are good.

for instance if there are two seperate games where one has the trolly player dying and the other has the toxic competitive player mistreating his teammates. A large majority of the time the troll is gonna get punished but people will give a pass to the competitive player simply because he played good.
If you are dying because you are the super aggressive type of player who doesn't care about winning just killing enemy players no matter how many of them are grouped together you are just trolling the match.... (the GAME) and you need to get banned from it or go into vs. AI with (AI team mates) so you don't impact anyone else.
My point is to try to reduce toxicity that happens in QM from the more competitive players.

No, that wasn't your point. You title literally asks people to not try hard, that is a pathetic request and your post then talks about how QM isn't for being serious. Don't move the goal posts because people are showing how ridiculous your logic is.
*facepalm* i just can't with the people on the forums sometimes.

i make a post focusing on toxic comeptitive players and everyone starts to instantly saying that if you aren't good go play ai.

that kind of shows the kind of community we have. :/
09/28/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Volun
My point is to try to reduce toxicity that happens in QM from the more competitive players.

No, that wasn't your point. You title literally asks people to not try hard, that is a pathetic request and your post then talks about how QM isn't for being serious. Don't move the goal posts because people are showing how ridiculous your logic is.

your logic is the one that's ridiculous though. Nothing about my arguement has changed. People who take qm very seriously have a bad habit of mistreating others. Your logic is excusing such actions and agreeing that the worse players should be looked down upon and removed from qm to vs ai.
There was a dream once.. it was called Personal MMR and it was supposed to fix this match for players like you who are too slow to catch onto the game.
So yea....... it was supposed to fix players who are too slow, too new, too whatever... and generally have comments directed at them because they just dont play along with everyone else the majority of the time.

In an ideal world.. the guy who is ALWAYS 2 hours late for an objective (because his train got a flat tire) would be matched with other players who's trains got a flat tire. If you think these players are in some right to be on the wrong train almost every game... then you'd have to be totally OK with the fact that... they don't deserve to be with players who actually know how to play or play tons better than said flat tire players.

I still have this small hope (waning) that Blizzard will actually fix this game so all the DUH players who just don't(refuse to) learn EVER how to play are actually put with players JUST like them. Then this game will actually work. Until then you can keep complaining about people making comments. They gonna make them anyway. No matter what. Plus they report you also... that happens all the time. I do it myself. You AFK constantly? AFK. Dying almost every chance you get? Intentional death, I DO NOT CARE WHY.
09/28/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Bloodrush
i make a post focusing on toxic comeptitive players and everyone starts to instantly saying that if you aren't good go play ai.

Reread your title, and your first post. Here's a hint, try using ctrl F: search toxic.

Either you are just that terrible at writing, or you have amnesia, or you're trying to save face.
And yes. QM has a huge variance in skill level (Blizzard's ANTI fun mechanic that they need to fix) Still it is the most popular game mode that people want to play. IT IS A LEGITIMATE GAME MODE. That means play to win. Any thing referencing it is the place to be where you can be a total idiot and its ok was just false information. Your first 100 games was supposed to take care of the duh factor... after that.. you are supposed to know somewhat what NOT to do at least. Fair game if you don't.... but don't expect people to love you when you chase, die every minute, not support your team, not learn from mistakes and generally just play out of role (i. e. doing merc camps as muradin during an objective) because you refuse to learn.

Sure we all make mistakes but we LEARN from them, we don't do them over and over and over... and over and over ... then tell people its ok cause "its just QM." Quick MATCH is a game like any other. Play like it is.
If you're playing for the first time with a hero and insecure/unsure of how you'll play him, do your very first game vs. AI.
It'll let you learn your hero without wasting a half hour of everyone else's time, and will probably be more informative for you anyways since you can take your time trying to grasp how your talents and abilities work together without dying constantly.
09/28/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Bloodrush
Your logic is excusing such actions and agreeing that the worse players should be looked down upon and removed from qm to vs ai.

Except for the part where I said it doesn't mean you should be toxic. I'm just saying there is a probably a very direct correlation with people sucking, and people saying something about that sucking.

And yes, worse players are going to be looked down upon. How can you expect anything less? If someone sucks at driving, they will get honked at more, that's just a reality because we humans actually use heuristics to guide our life and expect a level of competency from others.
09/28/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Winter
And yes. QM has a huge variance in skill level (Blizzard's ANTI fun mechanic that they need to fix) Still it is the most popular game mode that people want to play. IT IS A LEGITIMATE GAME MODE. That means play to win. Any thing referencing it is the place to be where you can be a total idiot and its ok was just false information. Your first 100 games was supposed to take care of the duh factor... after that.. you are supposed to know somewhat what NOT to do at least. Fair game if you don't.... but don't expect people to love you when you chase, die every minute, not support your team, not learn from mistakes and generally just play out of role (i. e. doing merc camps as muradin during an objective) because you refuse to learn.

Sure we all make mistakes but we LEARN from them, we don't do them over and over and over... and over and over ... then tell people its ok cause "its just QM." Quick MATCH is a game like any other. Play like it is.

at this moment i just can't take any more arguments seriously because it always comes down to the "guy who dies over and over again". When the point was meant to be targeted towards the better player not the worse one.
09/28/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Bloodrush
at this moment i just can't take any more arguments seriously because it always comes down to the "guy who dies over and over again". When the point was meant to be targeted towards the better player not the worse one.

The WORST player is the worst problem in this game right now though. I love the better players... the worst players can go fly a kite. I'll applaud anything Blizzard can do to get RID of them.

If they have to make a learning mode.. so its clear.. thats where you go if you actually don't care, want to suicide/experiment (pretend you are the 1v5 hero in the hero trailer) or otherwise from the special bus of people who can't grasp this game's basics... then I'm all for it.

And it goes beyond the guy dying every chance, thats just a major category that involves a bunch of players who do not take the actual game seriously because they aren't even playing it.

09/28/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Bloodrush
When the point was meant to be targeted towards the better player not the worse one.

Cause I don't give a flying about that. Thats _not_ a problem.

Quick MATCH is a game like any other. Play like it is.
I'll play hl/tl when map rotations are gone. Its boring to be limited for no reason.
09/28/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Bloodrush
*facepalm* i just can't with the people on the forums sometimes.

that kind of shows the kind of community we have. :/

because more than likely, you are the toxic person in those games. the one constantly dying and telling people "lol it's just QM BRO". there is nothing toxic about people trying to correct your poor play.
Playing random doesn't mean you aren't allowed to play with a brain and good manners with what you have.
If you don't want to interact with different kinds of humans please play vs AI with full AI mates.