Illusion Master Samuro can really be insane.

General Discussion
He's widely regarded to be somewhat of a joke hero, and yet still on occasion sneaks into your games and has your team running in circles somehow. He even makes appearances in the pro scene.

Why do people think he's bad? Because he has little macro and little to no PvP presence until level 10, where one of his heroics is an "easy-value" AoE damage spell that does nothing to fill in the holes in his kit.

The other heroic is intimidating to learn, but unlocks samuro as a pseudo-global that can, if played really well, assassinate backliners and backdoor keeps with almost complete safety, have instant rotations between camps and lanes and fights and the Hall of Storms and back, and depending on the game's scaling and the skill of the samuro player, bait out important engages and cooldowns and lose absolutely nothing because of clones.

He is so broken if not countered, but has counterplays to almost anything that can happen depending on the skill of both teams, and has quickly become my favorite hero where I can best express what I want in a game.

After watchin some Grubby and Munky I've been learning Samuro for around a week, and he has introduced so many new opportunities for splitpushing and diving that I never thought I'd get a handle on. After some practice the clone micro actually becomes very approachable and extremely rewarding. Basic things like splitting one clone off and using a clone to hearth and back will change the way you see the game, and you'll start to realize just how much he can do in a teamfight. And he can do it seconds after backdooring a keep on the opposite side of the map, or hearthing.

Good Samuros seem hard to beat, like a one-man army. I suppose they are rare enough that complaints about the hero are even more scarce. But playing as him, and against very few, I'd find it hard to say he's outright broken but easy to say he is a very challenging opponent.
It seems to me that Samuro is too weak in TF.
Blizzard probably does not like clones (Samuro and Nova). The clones of these characters die from just anything, and the CDs are very long.
On HGC it appears very rarely and usually with Abatur. This tactic boils down to sharp pushing one alley and making a backdoor
the other day i had a crit for 1897 dmg in my death recap

it was x2 so it was only 948 dmg each hit
09/30/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Ekata
Why do people think he's bad?

I've never considered Samuro a "bad hero"

There is just more heroes that do more damage and are better in teamfights.

Ever since the 2.0 update siege heroes have been less viable i feel.

Look at TLV and Nazeebo and compare them to Raynor and Kerrigan.

I'm not saying siegeing is bad, but i feel like the meta favors Team fighting and killing power more.
Samuro played well can absolutely hard carry games but you wont see that in gold and below.

Generally all Samuros in low level play are Bladestorm plebs and have no idea about how strong Illusion Master really is.

I climbed from Gold to Plat with him with 66% wr over 80 games in HL.

Its not that he doesnt have counters but he is played so little that his counters are not widely known and peopke dont know how to counter him, people in Platinum still think that Kaelthas is a counter when in reality KT loses that trade really hard.
I personally don’t like Sam cause he is a hit or miss in most cases. He is either god or just a huge burden to his team.
Samuro in the right hands is Vikings on steroids. Samuro in the wrong hands is free stacks for enemy team. He is only regarded as a bad hero by bad players.
10/01/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Arangunnar
Samuro in the right hands is Vikings on steroids. Samuro in the wrong hands is free stacks for enemy team. He is only regarded as a bad hero by bad players.

10/01/2018 12:30 AMPosted by Steaksauce
I personally don’t like Sam cause he is a hit or miss in most cases. He is either god or just a huge burden to his team.

This. Samuro is a god tier hero in Master+. In fact he has 57% winrate in Master and above.

Anyone who says he sucks has not had the (mis)fortune of playing against a highly skilled high MMR illusion Samuro who not only pushes all 3 lanes at once, but can appear behind you at any time to crit you for 2k+ damage and chase you down to death in two seconds if you relax around him.
I don't think he sucks. I just think he takes far too much effort to play along with TLV due to the microing. very demanding hero both mechanically and mentally. I prefer a less hectic hero to play.
10/01/2018 12:54 AMPosted by LouieKaboom
I don't think he sucks. I just think he takes far too much effort to play along with TLV due to the microing. very demanding hero both mechanically and mentally. I prefer a less hectic hero to play.

Basically this, he takes about 30-50 games just to learn Illusion master playstyle and constant play to remember, a high resource hero to master with high reward.
He is dead as assassin after hero and stealth reworks he is become pusher and i don't like this (Devs destroy his diversity after rework).
Samuro is niche, never considered bad as I recall
My fav hero, but i thought he was a lil busted lol
i would like literally fight 1v2 1v3 1v5 walk out alive and kill somebody just for reacting to this constant harras, i remember even solo v5 stealing boss on hollow))
Samuro has great waveclear, great ability to scout, a lot of escapes and can dodge all the spells, he's pretty much easy mode for me)
He isn't terrible in the right hands but isn't played much because no one liked his rework plus the changes to stealth also helped drive people away from playing him.
He’s always been incredibly powerful yet unpopular due to his insane skill floor.
Mastered: He is a monster, a nearly unkillable one that can soak the entire map and shred any hero relying on targetted abilities.
Unmastered: He’s a half decent assassin who is mildly annoying to take out but fairly fragile.
Does he not have like top wn in all leagues above plat.He is right there with azmo and the like.

He is quite good.
I never looked at him as a joke hero, he was always strong in the hands of a good player, his WR in Masters show this. He is labeled bad by some people because they dont know how to play him, or never faced a good Samuro, he can carry games.
Grubby was one of my Warcraft 3 heroes, he was so good and creative with orcs, but he is an average Heroes of the Storm player. To me, Samuro is okay-ish. Pick any hero who can benefit stacks from his illusions (Arthas, Zuljin, Alarak).

Easy to counter imo.