So, umm, Mephisto

General Discussion
09/28/2018 02:54 PMPosted by TimeSpike
I guess that ult people complain about isn't free wins after all...

It's not, it's just too strong.
When he's doing 2500 damage overall with almost no counterplay, it's just not good for the game.

But just because his heroic is too strong, doesn't mean the rest of him is.
And in fact it may be the opposite, his over dependence on his heroic might be preventing buffs that make him good.
I think Consume souls should have lower damage, but also a lower cooldown. Make it about the reveal and slow, with finisher potential if they're REALLY dying.

I always see people teleport kind half-way in with their shade, use the electric circle ability, and... that's it. They don't take advantage of his shade's teleport damage, they rarely use Q, they rarely auto-attack.

09/28/2018 04:49 PMPosted by ForeverSalty
They always do, they don't understand how a little nerf goes a long way.

Sometimes. You ever see the forums complain about a 2-3 damage nerf on a faster attacker's auto attack? Sometimes Blizzard does small nerfs.
09/30/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Bukkit
09/28/2018 02:54 PMPosted by TimeSpike
I guess that ult people complain about isn't free wins after all...

it's still pretty cheap though ;)

i don't mind it, it's just a minor anoyance... global, damage and slow... just push a button and "nuke" the team. that's my only gripe with it...

why downvot this? it's the truth...

just played mephisto and tried the ult... it's a minor anoyance... if anybody could teamwipe with that crap... cudos!

mephisto isn't that great... like allways people start screaming OP because they're to friggin lazy and stupid to actualy learn to character...

so all credebility the mephisto topics had is now down the drain... anybody who says he's "op" is a whiny little no brain lazy scrub...

KT is more of a treath then mephisto! and both have no escape (at least KT can "stun" you to get away)

TL;DR
people who say mephisto is OP or this ult is broken... L2P!!!! mephisto is mediocre... stop spreading lies because your lazy behind is to dumb to learn about new characters!
It's not, it's just too strong.
When he's doing 2500 damage overall with almost no counterplay, it's just not good for the game.

Naah, when I play Mephisto, I see a low HP enemy, I check their HP and it's always above the damage of the heroic. They need to be pretty low for me to get a kill (before level 20).
The overall damage may be a lot (since it's hitting up to 5 heroes, if enemy doesn't have TLV), but it's single target damage is just okay, for an ult.
Furthermore there is plenty of counterplay to it. At the very least the enemy support can heal whoever's gonna die.
CS deals average damage (not even 800 at 20), the slow is also nothing special, while reveal is just a complimentary mechanic to it (after all, in vast majority of cases one casts that heroic not to scout, but to damage enemies they ALREADY SAW), while also having a 120 sec CD, and is probably the most telegraphed ability in the game, making it a simple, but very interesting ability with plenty of counterplay (which factually includes every healer and damage preventer in the game).

So yeah, CS is fine, though its level 20 upgrade can be talked about.