No new stealth heroes?

General Discussion
Was the feedback from the last major stealth "rework" SOOO bad that Bliz threw all future stealth heroes completely under the buss?

I would still like to see stealth heroes like Sombra in HOTS but it seems that we will never get any more.
I'm still waiting for Vorazun :)
They can't already balance the ones we already have. Why would it be a good idea to add a new one that will either be useless or OP.
Has to be worked around stealth being most useful when standing still.
09/29/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Curivity

Sadly.. Seems very counter intuitive, game play that encourages people to stand still in such a fast pace game. Just a step or two away from rewarding players for dying.
to be 100% fair there is not a large pool of blizzard heroes remaining that would utilize stealth. Tosh, Vorazun, Sombra, an arbiter based hero (grants a LOT of stealth, but is not itself stealth), you might be able to do a lurker or infester. The only diablo thing I can think of is Belial could be worked into one but thats a streach.
09/29/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Void
Sadly.. Seems very counter intuitive, game play that encourages people to stand still in such a fast pace game. Just a step or two away from rewarding players for dying.

Not... really? Its called an "ambush", though it is a little different then running around in a tight circle prepared to dodge skillshots, getting to an objective before the enemies, picking a good spot out of the way so as to not be bumped into, and then attacking out of nowhere when the chaos starts(as in, your team shows up). All we're really missing from this is a boosted damage when attacking out of stealth, I'm sure they could add a hero that gets that, Nova kind of does.

As far as Stealth heroes, I can only really think of 3: Tosh the Spectre, Vorazun the Dark Templar Matriarch, and Sombra the Hacker from OW, I'm sure there might be more, and I'm not super familiar with Warcraft.

I could see Vorazun being a support that heals allies like Brightwing Blink heal does now at lvl 20, stealthing them and while their stealthed, they heal faster, along with some CC to round out her kit, perhaps a blackhole ability that pulls enemies super tight together for a second or two, before scattering them away.(think Zarya Ult, with a Junkrat mine in the middle) as a secondary Ult, you can mark an ally and they become stealthed and unrevealable for a couple seconds, if they die while unrevealable(from Too much AoE or w/e), they are instantly brought back to life at the hearth with no death time, this is reminiscent of an ability she has in game which saves ally units if they are cloaked during death and teleports them back to the Base.

Tosh is a Spectre, a variant of the Ghosts like Nova, but they are more aggressive; instead of eliminating their targets quietly, they would probably just make the target explode. They're also use a type of drug to enhance their abilities, perhaps it could be a trait where he sacrifices a portion of health depending however long he holds down his trait button, and then gets a boost to spellpower for 5-10 seconds. He could have point click Mind Blast ability that does splash damage to close by heroes. Maybe also a lunging charge attack which he uses out of stealth to stun enemies.(while unstealthed perhaps it just deals damage) Overall, his kit could be "similar" to Novas, but be more aggressive with his abilities moving him or the enemy around, instead of simply slowing them like Nova, and for an Ult, he can do something with "voodoo" where, when activated on an enemy, any damage he takes is instead inflicted on that one target.

For Sombra it be all that hacking non-sense, perhaps a point click ranged silence with a channel time, after 2 seconds of channeling, an enemy is silenced for 3-5 seconds or something, perhaps she can use a translocator, placing one down in one spot, and then activating it at another to teleport to that previous point, giving her a semi global threat(that she has to set up first), the locator can be destroyed by enemies if they find it(like murky egg hunting), at the same time, she throws it like chucking a granade, so it could also be used in combat for positioning/escape. Then there's the EMP ult, lets say it removes all existing shields from enemies around her, dealing damage equal to the shields removed, as well as silences all enemies around her for a couple seconds... Oh! what if, when she activates the EMP ult, the minimap disappears for 5-10 seconds. Wonder if that would be insanely broken?

And thats my 3 cents, comments, questions?
BW literally just got an ability to make her whole team permanently hidden
09/29/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Dornan
So did Tyrande.
or moving slow
I think we already have enough heroes with stealth mechanics. That doesn't mean I would be against adding more, but I don't believe the game is lacking in that regard. I think it's for the best if stealth keeps being part of the core identity and uniqueness of a few heroes and not something half the roster (exaggerating here) have.
09/29/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Void
stealth heroes like Sombra

#NoMoreOverwatchHeroes
I'm sure Garona is coming
09/29/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Void

Laughs in Tyrael
Maybe Duran, Tosh or Vancleef
Was the feedback from the last major stealth "rework" SOOO bad that Bliz threw all future stealth heroes completely under the buss?

I would still like to see stealth heroes like Sombra in HOTS but it seems that we will never get any more.

They had already decided there wouldn't be anymore after Valeera. Stealth was the most complained about mechanic for a long time.
09/29/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Dave
So did Tyrande.

tyrande had it before. they just nerfed it to only affect her and took away the heal.

so they brought it back they way it was a long time ago because tyrande is now a healer.

BW has never had stealth of any kind.
09/29/2018 09:54 AMPosted by phaseshifter

They had already decided there wouldn't be anymore after Valeera. Stealth was the most complained about mechanic for a long time.

The way I see if, If Bliz is confident with their stealth changes then why haven't they released any more stealth heroes? Sure they might have added (or returned) more abilities that could cloak/give stealth to a hero but that is NOT the same thing as a hero that is designed around stealth (as pat of their trait/passive/basic abilities).
09/29/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Dave
So did Tyrande.

Two of them are stealth heroes as much as GM and Medivh are (as in, they are not).

OT:
I'd like a priper stealth support to be added.
Vorazun sounds like a good candidate for that!
09/29/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Wraithdagger
stealth heroes like Sombra

#NoMoreOverwatchHeroes

sombra's kind of cute.