Brightwing is even hotter garbage

General Discussion
Well done again, Blizz. You took a fine hero and made it even worse. I really don't understand what you guys are thinking.
1 abbreviation...

L2P they buffed her... only tallent i'm going to miss is armor pixie dust...

other then that i think she's awsome! still my main healer next to lili and ana
She will receive a buff, watch.
The thing that doesn't convince me from this rework is intensive winds. I like the idea of adding an exaggerated effect with an exaggerated cost, but I think it's not worth it. Also I miss the pasive healing increase the Emeral Wind and its level 20 level gave.

This rework is like Malfurion's. The skillceiling has risen and now she's required to play more aggresively with her Q. I can see why not everybody like her now, but she's not bad.
09/28/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Bukkit
only tallent i'm going to miss is armor pixie dust...

That's there: Level 13: Pixie Power - Reduce CD 3 seconds, +25 Spell Armor

========
I find the new BW to have a lot more utility while healing just as much as she ever has. The build I have settled on:

1) Hypershift <- Reduces the Cooldown, Increases the heal to be a "big heal". Use it all the time to keep people topped off and on the battle field.
4) Unstable <- Increases the Poly Slow, and it Goes boom at the end.
7) Peekaboo <- Area reveal and a big ol' shield.
10) Blink <- Must pick. Heals, allows for escapes, goes through terrain... good stuff
13) Pixie Boost <- This is awesome to help with escapes and chases.
16) Hush <- Another Silence + damage reduction! Excellent to really mess with heroes attempting to channel an ULT and in combo with Poly, you can nearly lock someone down.
20) Speed Dragon <- With this I almost fly as fast as horseback... but with Pixie Boost on + this... I can outrun horseback. So good for getting out of trouble or for chasing.

The Q builds are traps... they are very mana intensive for very little return. Instead, damage negating silence (hush) and poly prevent damage from occurring and save lives much better than an extra pulse of healing.
The thing is, I never really thought her skill cieling needed to be raised. Yes, polymorph is point to click, and her heals are auto, but she has to be very aware macro wise what's going on in the map. She has to carefully position herself for optimal AOE healing. She also has to be proactive in damage mitigation because her active healing is limited. Even her Z has a cast time, and also puts you in potential danger.

There was a period in which Blizzard stupidly overruffed her trait and trait talents, and nerfed her Z build that sort of made her derpy, but aside from that, BW has pretty much always been pretty fun, unique, and requiring a pretty high level of skill.
The thing is, I never really thought her skill cieling needed to be raised. Yes, polymorph is point to click, and her heals are auto, but she has to be very aware macro wise what's going on in the map. She has to carefully position herself for optimal AOE healing. She also has to be proactive in damage mitigation because her active healing is limited. Even her Z has a cast time, and also puts you in potential danger.

I get you. I liked the old Malfurion better, and I won't play as much Brightwing as I used to do. I prefer the heroes with 'simpler' mechanics, I think they have their place and charm and, as you say, I have more fun being more worried about positioning, macro, and how to maximize the little things I can do than about hitting skillshots or wholesome combos (sorry, Kel'thuzad, I love you but you are too complicated for me). That's why I was one of the few people that defended old Raynor (I like his rework though) or why despite moaning because I don't want Tassadar to be a Sentry, I still play and enjoy him, for example. I guess that's why I prefer some maps that other people hate. I enjoy RTS so I don't think hitting a lot of buttons in teamfights is everything the game has to offer.

But I know that I'm in the minority and that most people prefer more complex kits (and here I'm talking about having to hit Q in order to maximize the heals). So I don't think the rework is a failure in thar regard.
Her numbers are just a little off. The new talents are nice, and the cleanse is good too, but it would be better if it would have no travel time (instantly cleanse when used, keep the visual effect if like) and give at least 1 second of unstopable.
09/28/2018 12:11 PMPosted by LivingHate
This rework is like Malfurion's. The skillceiling has risen and now she's required to play more aggresively with her Q. I can see why not everybody like her now, but she's not bad.

i didnt like her before..and i still dont.
to put it bluntly in most cases i find playing with a BW is like playing without a healer most of the game. Lucio is still a much better pick imo for most of the situations i see ppl try to pick BW.

i mean here is the thing with that just so ppl dont misunderstand. i have seen some good BWs. i dont see many. its like the classic 'nova' is bad thing. ya any hero can be good with the right player. that right player probably isnt at least 80% of the users around here though. which is the issue.

further, there is no real reason to pick a higher skill ceiling hero when you can pick a lower skill ceiling hero and accomplish equal or better results. its just making things harder on yourself really.
People still use the wrong ults at the wrong time. It is painful to see bw picking blink heal when against divers...
09/28/2018 12:44 PMPosted by NovaBlazer

That's there: Level 13: Pixie Power - Reduce CD 3 seconds, +25 Spell Armor

He meant phys armor. That's actually the last bit of utility that she lacks as for now. And about build, i feel like hypershift is unnecessary on the smaller maps, bc you don't need that mobility. Unless you want to use it on lane on cd just to heal tanks. And tbh, taking hush! with no bonus range on flare? rly? how do you suppose to land it on a ranged sin? I don't want to die trying to silence that one pesky guldan.
I love running the flarebuild, constantly slowing, constantly harassing, constantly poking, constantly silencing, constantly healing, feels good.
09/28/2018 11:50 AMPosted by QuietOnset

Agreed. She's definitely underpowered

I was stunned they didn't do anything about blink heal which is a garbage ult
Her skill ceiling was 'raised', but in a way thats unobtainable and her overall kit was nerfed into the ground to match this.

Her Q needs to land on people in the center to do anything. The problem is anyone can dodge this very easily since its so tiny and has such a long cast time. Its not like Mal's Moonfire, which is undodgable. So she basically got nerfed into the ground for no reason.

Her BIGGEST problem is Lucio does all she does, but wayyy better. The only thing Brightwing has over lucio is polymorph, everything else Lucio does better. Damage/Mobility/healing/utility. Lucio is better in all of these, and hes even tankier to boot!
10) Blink <- Must pick. Heals, allows for escapes, goes through terrain... good stuff

Blink heal is not a must pick. I hate it when people pick it and clearly the winds were needed.
I have mixed feelings about her. Blink heal gives her great combat mobility and some extra heal on single target but using it on a focused ally puts you in great danger most of the time. Yesterday I did my best healing on any support so far, 180k in a game which took sth like 28 mins. Question here is how much of that healing was effective (life saving healing during combat) ?

I agree that Q build isn't that rewarding, not enough to make up for passive nerfs to her trait healing.

Blink heal only heals your target using it on an ally who is under fire means putting yourself in further danger especially if you're already wounded.

She is an active healer which requires you to make smart plays and have a nice sense of positioning but her kit doesn't always make sense.
09/28/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Merk
09/28/2018 11:50 AMPosted by QuietOnset

Agreed. She's definitely underpowered

I was stunned they didn't do anything about blink heal which is a garbage ult
Back in 2016 they gave passive healing to Emeral Wind because it was rarely picked and even then, with lower winrates. Considering that and numbers so far (dead even in DIA/M HL), there is little reason to change it.