team league is so busted.

General Discussion
i was just in a draft in team league with a level 22 account. which should NEVER happen in ranked.

here is what it looks like:
https://imgur.com/a/vB3uKdY

..and what happened? well obviously the only hero they had above 5 got banned... sonya. more importantly though, when did it become alright that someone can even play ranked on less than level 5 heroes??

this is the last thing i know about.
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/heroes-of-the-storm/21940930/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-july-10-2018#ranked-play

where they increased the number of heroes required to 16 for hero league.

so is there like no rules at all for team league? basically anyone can play at all levels? more xp and get your free mount just for doing placements.
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Here is hope you get better games in the future comrade.
So is there like no rules at all for team league? basically anyone can play at all levels? more xp and get your free mount just for doing placements.

Yep.
09/28/2018 04:09 PMPosted by drkbef
So is there like no rules at all for team league? basically anyone can play at all levels? more xp and get your free mount just for doing placements.

Yep.

well thats terrible game design there. i dont normally jump on the bandwagon, but what really is the point now of HL for the mass majority?

-TL no level restrictions
-TL rewards you for all ranks
-TL allows solo play and group play
-TL has more XP
-TL has a better draft style
TL is about trusting teammates that you partied with before the game and take a hero that is low level because its what your team does what it takes to win a game and not limited by basic limitations like a generic level requirement. I trust my master friend to play a level 3 malthael better then a silver with hundreds of games on it.\

[edited by Forum Moderator: Please review the Code of Conduct we have available as a guide for forum use to prevent any future action. This post has been edited due to language.]
The only team league you should be playing is with 4 of your friends.
It has always been this way.
09/29/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Degaris

TL is about trusting teammates that you partied with before the game and take a hero that is low level because its what your team does what it takes to win a game and not limited by basic limitations like a generic level requirement. I trust my master friend to play a level 3 malthael better then a silver with hundreds of games on it.
Since Blizzard still refuses to implement a proper party finder to build up your prerequisite, the only compromise is to go kamikaze with the whole thing for the majority of the players.
09/29/2018 10:31 AMPosted by Winter
They tried this before, but I guess you weren't there at the time. Do you know what a ghost town looks like?
09/29/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Copypastable
Since Blizzard still refuses to implement a proper party finder to build up your prerequisite, the only compromise is to go kamikaze with the whole thing for the majority of the players.

I agree that this is a solution to a problem of TL, but that problem was created by allowing 2-3 mans in, which was a lazy fix.

They should have had better systems like clans, ACTUAL rewards for TL that are better then HL and other various systems that required actual work but could have made for a better mode.
In TL the choice is yours. If you don't like getting randoms, then select your 5-man up front. If you want to roll the dice, queue as 1/2/3/4 and hope for the best. But remember that was YOUR CHOICE.
09/29/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Copypastable
They tried this before, but I guess you weren't there at the time. Do you know what a ghost town looks like?

Don't think you get me. What I'm saying is..(much like poster above me) the only real enjoyable and WORKABLE TL experience is with 4 of your friends. Anything else and you risk the numerous problems created by Blizzard in TL with new TL setup (Like the guy who solo queued into TL with part of Four trolls who suicided the entire match.) The ghost town problem has nothing to do with anything else other than this game isn't popular at all.

TL is for TEAMS the way it was intended regardless. In an ideal world.. the MM system would work so much better than it is now.. making HL worth playing. Get a workable rank and not the cluster that it is now.. then be able to find similar team mates for TL when you have time to play together.

Right now system is so screwed up that it anchors you in a place you know you have to dig out of but it takes thousands of matches..... so HL had people tied up time wise/energy wise. This made TL less popular as well. Not to mention if/when you did get a match you could be a team of silvers/plats or golds and get matched against masters.
Yes this is exactly why people said mixing TL and HL would be a bad idea. It puts a level 22 in your party to try to balance some ridiculous skill differential.

Or its possible they were friends with a high level who actually qualified to be in your rank, and he dragged them in via party system.

Either way ranked is going to croak within the next month. QM will probably never die.
Vote them out! Vote Republican!
09/29/2018 08:52 PMPosted by PnutArbuckle
Yes this is exactly why people said mixing TL and HL would be a bad idea. It puts a level 22 in your party to try to balance some ridiculous skill differential.

Or its possible they were friends with a high level who actually qualified to be in your rank, and he dragged them in via party system.

Either way ranked is going to croak within the next month. QM will probably never die.
uhh the masses play HL not TL
09/29/2018 11:35 PMPosted by Spork
09/29/2018 08:52 PMPosted by PnutArbuckle

uhh the masses play HL not TL

I would say that it use to be true, but atm the masses are doing their placement TL matches. It's been quite hilarious to exterminate all these golds at the time, it's been so easy but yet fun ! (oh by the way I have been reported for "non-participation" by a group of gold premades, oh yeah !)
The point of solo queue in TL was to allow 4 player parties to queue and also encourage people to party up. For example if you are in a 4 player party in TL and you happen to get a good solo queue player, you should invite them for the next match.

One can think of it as HL but with extra team work allowed. Hence why it rewards you more since the skill cap is higher. If you are solo queuing you can expect to run into the situation where a 5 man perfectly coordinated team stomps you and you have no room to complain.
I was just banning on a game where the enemy team was favored to win by 20 points, you're telling me it's busted? No kidding, so is Lacey Chabert!

TL used to be 5-stack-only.

The issue? Turns out not that many people have a 5-man party ready to go all that often. And many of the teams that DO have a 5-stack that can reliably play together typically join leagues like Chair League and stuff like that. So they end up skrimming instead of playing TL.

Queue times back at the start of 2.0 when it was 5-man only were as follows:

--> Match Maker never finds a game in first 10 minutes.
---> At 10 minute mark the old "Skill Widening" search kicks in and you end up with 5 masters playing 5 golds and beating the living hell out of them.