Kerrigan is pretty op now?

General Discussion
Feels very strong
Yes too mutch shield, more burst, more mobility, that's insane. She just take the place of heroes like trall
Learn how to focus at last....
Is she really overpowered? Or are people just not used to her being viable?
09/26/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Praetorian

She was always viable to me, but perhaps players are getting used to her.
No she isnt overtuned. She is...well in a strange place. Sure she is much better than prerework but in terms of utility and damage but she is still outclassed by so many other assassins.
Most noticably the ice block variant at 13(i think) makes her completely busted.
I swear to god you guys are such killjoys.
Yes, she is pretty strong right now, even in comps that doesn't favor her that much.

At level 1, you can easily generate 1,5k shield in that mid brawl in just some seconds lol. Ultralisk at 10 is also insanely good. Her survivability is also insane right now. If you pair her with someone that gives armor, you will never ever die even if focused, because of how well armor + shield work. Imagine you generating 1k shield with just a normal engage, then you get Yrel 35 infinite armor + uther heals with armor stacking.. your EHP becomes better than most tanks.

I was 1 v 9ing all games last night with her, and am surprised that people are not first banning her.
Its her version of ice block that seems to be the issue.
I played this game just now where she just coulnd't die. Focused by 3 people, but standing strong, and even getting kills xP
09/26/2018 10:02 AMPosted by WereElf
I played this game just now where she just coulnd't die. Focused by 3 people, but standing strong, and even getting kills xP

Like I said in an earlier thread she literally just tanks and spanks enemies with very little skill involved and easily comes out ontop. She has assassin level damage combined with tank level resilience. Her shields right now because of the amount of splash damage is just crazy, and this was already seen during PTR so I'm surprised it came out completely unchanged.
Guldan more oppressive in terms of raw damage
Genji more oppressive in terms of more stickiness/difficulty to kill.

Just to mention a few. She is in a good spot though.
Honestly, her shielding is a bit much. It gives her entirely too much survivability allowing her to dive where she has no business diving and getting away with it with no skill involved.

At least with Genji, if he over-dives and doesn't get a reset, he's screwed at least 75% of the time. Illidan just crumbles under any focus at all. Gul'dan, I can't say I have problems with him. He really only becomes a big issue if your team decides to tank his corruption circles with their face.
09/26/2018 10:31 AMPosted by osea101
Guldan more oppressive in terms of raw damage
Genji more oppressive in terms of more stickiness/difficulty to kill.

Just to mention a few. She is in a good spot though.

I'm sorry but neither of those characters have the defenses Kerrigan has, they aren't capable of generating 1.8-2K shields while doing damage and regenerating it in the process. It's funny how you blatantly ignore her shields which basically allow her to literally take on multiple opponents. And this is why she has good damage output because she can sustain in combat so long without much issue thanks to her shields that neither of your examples come close to doing so.

Edit: Worst part of this is that you can actually use minion waves to build up shields before jumping into battle so that you already come in fully shielded, provided you didn't opt for the level 13 talent.
09/26/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Praetorian

People aren't used to her being viable. Kerrigan was crap for QUITE a while. Now she is not only a reasonably viable pick but she can be quite strong with the right tactics and talents. An example, I tried her out for a few games yesterday. instead of just running away, I had a few enemy mages and such try to fight me from close range at level 20. my shield generation and overall damage output was massive, allowing me to survive a bombardment by 4 enemy heroes near their spawn for quite a while (despite me being at ~30% hp). I was even able to get a Diablo down to 20%hp from 100% despite him having 100 souls.

Of course, if they had simply retreated for several seconds, my shields would have run out and they could have slapped ganged me down but people aren't used to fighting Kerrigan, much less new Kerrigan.
09/26/2018 10:46 AMPosted by UncleGanon
Of course, if they had simply retreated for several seconds, my shields would have run out and they could have slapped ganged me down but people aren't used to fighting Kerrigan, much less new Kerrigan.

At that point you'd just pop primal grasp or ravage anyways :P, which would probably be up due to bladed momentum. Only real thing that prevents Kerrigan from even longer sustained combat is her mana, otherwise she'd just be sitting on her opponents all day long.
09/26/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Chaplin
09/26/2018 10:46 AMPosted by UncleGanon

At that point you'd just pop primal grasp or ravage anyways :P, which would probably be up due to bladed momentum. Only real thing that prevents Kerrigan from even longer sustained combat is her mana, otherwise she'd just be sitting on her opponents all day long.

that's the point though. to get my assimilation shields back up and chugging, I'd need to dump a huge amount of mana again, something I likely wouldn't be able to do twice. Forcing Kerrigan to reset her assimilation shields means that she'll have to dedicate a lot of mana to get started, something she just cannot do without a malfurion nearby or something.
Expect nerfs.
CC does caps her shielding for a bit. I do pretty well against her with Thrall. The second jump still catches me by surprise.