Kerrigan is pretty op now?

General Discussion
dbl bladed varian hard counters her.
Her level 10 is now team wipe dive.

Honestly, how did this redo make it?
Shes now a melee assassin that doesn't get meme'd on by every warrior anymore. Before the rework she struggled finding a place in games when double warrior not only was a common and better pick but did her niche job of cc setups better as well.

Despite also getting a rework I'm not seeing many brightwings which happens to be one of the scariest supports to go against as a Kerri. After Brightwing I'd say shield buster Varian is the 2nd scariest thing to run into.

As for the OP stuff I wouldn't be surprised to see either her lv7 or lv13 talent tiers get adjusted.
Only thing they need to change is block. It shouldn't heal her.
I think the problem at the moment is that she just has too much at the same time.

Good damage output, good CC, good survivability, double jump (this makes a huge difference, because she can now dodge another skillshot after having used her first jump) and an ice block to top it of. She is too forgiving at the moment, if you get caught in a bad spot you can still jump away, or iceblock, or just hit and rely on your shield.

The only thing she doesn't have is a ranged poke atm.

That being said, I think it's just a numbers game. Adjust damage (and therefore shielding) a bit and she should be fine.

Good damage output,

requires her to be constantly landing hits. her only burst is through fulminating blades at level 4, which can be dodged.

good CC

really arguable. it's not that difficult to juke her ENTIRE combo and then avoid her self explosion. playing against skill opponents requires you to have a LOT of skill at kerrigan and the game in general to use her CC effectively.

good survivability,
requires her to be constantly getting hits off. blinds, hard CC, people who can run away well, etc make it very difficult for her to keep her shields up.

double jump (this makes a huge difference, because she can now dodge another skillshot after having used her first jump)

at the cost of range, requiring kerrigan to be at closer range at all times.

and an ice block to top it of.

this isn't even the most chosen talent on that tier, probably because skilled players instantly kill it.

She is too forgiving at the moment, if you get caught in a bad spot you can still jump away, or iceblock, or just hit and rely on your shield.

in lower skill play? absolutely. against better players? not at all.

That being said, I think it's just a numbers game. Adjust damage (and therefore shielding) a bit and she should be fine.

This is really unnecessary. her damage can be great but she REQUIRES comboing to get there and will dump a lot of mana in the process. if they lower her damage, they need to reduce mana consumption on all abilities to compensate.
She feels a bit like Tracer with bruiser amount of tankiness. I guess her shields will receive a slight nerf since she feels incredibly difficult to kill.
I think if her sustain is a bit too high then it's because of "Volatile Power" at 13 and the "Bladed Momentum" resets in combination of her "Fury of the Swarm". Guess those talents need a look to make other talent choices more appealing.
09/28/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Evildrake
I think if her sustain is a bit too high then it's because of "Volatile Power" at 13 and the "Bladed Momentum" resets in combination of her "Fury of the Swarm". Guess those talents need a look to make other talent choices more appealing.

other way around. the talents nobody chooses need to be looked at so they can be competitive. nerfing good talents so garbage talents look more attractive is just artificial diversity.
09/28/2018 11:51 AMPosted by UncleGanon

Good damage output,

requires her to be constantly landing hits. her only burst is through fulminating blades at level 4, which can be dodged.

good CC

really arguable. it's not that difficult to juke her ENTIRE combo and then avoid her self explosion. playing against skill opponents requires you to have a LOT of skill at kerrigan and the game in general to use her CC effectively.

good survivability,
requires her to be constantly getting hits off. blinds, hard CC, people who can run away well, etc make it very difficult for her to keep her shields up.

double jump (this makes a huge difference, because she can now dodge another skillshot after having used her first jump)

at the cost of range, requiring kerrigan to be at closer range at all times.

and an ice block to top it of.

this isn't even the most chosen talent on that tier, probably because skilled players instantly kill it.

She is too forgiving at the moment, if you get caught in a bad spot you can still jump away, or iceblock, or just hit and rely on your shield.

in lower skill play? absolutely. against better players? not at all.

This is really unnecessary. her damage can be great but she REQUIRES comboing to get there and will dump a lot of mana in the process. if they lower her damage, they need to reduce mana consumption on all abilities to compensate.

Yes, she needs to constantly land hits to do damage - but she also can get into melee fairly fast and fairly forgivingly. The difference between her and other melee assassins is that she can stick to the target very very well.

She has imho good CC for an assassin. Even if her stun has a delay, it can still be comboed very well with other skills, not only her own pull. It can be comboed with pretty much any stun in the game for a chain, many assassins don't bring that to the table. She also has a charged stun on ult. 2 stuns (one of them aeo) and a pull is imho pretty good CC for an assassin.
It is true, the pull + stun combo is avoidable, but only if you're not already stunned or immobilized. Also not so easy to avoid with fat hitboxes actually.

Survivability: Of course it's tied to hitting, but her stickyness should usually make up for it. She is much harder to kite than a Varian, for example. Good players can abuse jumping away from CC or aeo damage.

Anyways, that's just what I observed. Might be that she's balanced atm, might be that not. Time will tell.

Yes, she needs to constantly land hits to do damage - but she also can get into melee fairly fast and fairly forgivingly. The difference between her and other melee assassins is that she can stick to the target very very well.
at the cost of a lot of mana. this is important because over committing means no mana to escape.

She has imho good CC for an assassin. Even if her stun has a delay, it can still be comboed very well with other skills, not only her own pull.

it is good but it isn't great. it has nothing on thrall's root as an example.

It can be comboed with pretty much any stun in the game for a chain, many assassins don't bring that to the table.
the ability to CC chain is a powerful asset but not a strength kerrigan has on her own.

She also has a charged stun on ult. 2 stuns (one of them aeo) and a pull is imho pretty good CC for an assassin.

you can juke that pretty easily as well.

It is true, the pull + stun combo is avoidable, but only if you're not already stunned or immobilized. Also not so easy to avoid with fat hitboxes actually.

if Kerrigan is coordinating with her team to get kills, it means she's good at playing with her team. that is not a specific strength of Kerrigan as a hero.

Survivability: Of course it's tied to hitting, but her stickyness should usually make up for it. She is much harder to kite than a Varian, for example. Good players can abuse jumping away from CC or aeo damage.

good players in a vaccum of course. when it comes to high skill play, it can be easy to CC her down, let her run out of shields and then jump her. she's still a strong hero but a lot of the complaints are from people who just aren't used to fighting against Kerrigan, much less a strong Kerrigan.
09/28/2018 02:11 PMPosted by UncleGanon

at the cost of a lot of mana. this is important because over committing means no mana to escape.

She has imho good CC for an assassin. Even if her stun has a delay, it can still be comboed very well with other skills, not only her own pull.

it is good but it isn't great. it has nothing on thrall's root as an example.

It can be comboed with pretty much any stun in the game for a chain, many assassins don't bring that to the table.
the ability to CC chain is a powerful asset but not a strength kerrigan has on her own.

She also has a charged stun on ult. 2 stuns (one of them aeo) and a pull is imho pretty good CC for an assassin.

you can juke that pretty easily as well.

if Kerrigan is coordinating with her team to get kills, it means she's good at playing with her team. that is not a specific strength of Kerrigan as a hero.

good players in a vaccum of course. when it comes to high skill play, it can be easy to CC her down, let her run out of shields and then jump her. she's still a strong hero but a lot of the complaints are from people who just aren't used to fighting against Kerrigan, much less a strong Kerrigan.

Mana: Point taken.

Ult stun avoidable: Yes, but the problem is she can combo with herself. If her team gets just ONE stun/root/heavy slow on the opponent, she can do ult and her spike stun by herself for a hefty wombo.

I also wonder: Should you as team be forced to dump your entire CC into ONE single hero to get it down? Of course I do not doubt that she dies when you throw all your controlling ults at her, but this means you're not throwing your ults at anyone else. Should you really need so much to stop ONE hero? This is also in line with what I saw: She seems to trade so well. I see her often die in a teamfight, but just after everybody throws everything at her...but then her team still kind of emerges winning the teamfight with 5 takedowns vs 1.
How can you inbred idiots even think she is OP now. Every time I even attempted to dive, even with ravage reset, I was instantly stunned, pushed away, put to sleep and suddenly deleted.

Are you all really that incompetent to not know how to deal with her?
just chilled one game in qm as a varian against her. Sure, prot war not the best duelist in the world, but oh my, can i at least remove her shields (dueled her lane since 4 to 10)? And no, i wasn't even stunned once in this duels.
And funny enough, my rather weak friend from another moba that have not played a lot of her at all, not knowing the viable build, just destroyed not the weakest enemies.
09/28/2018 04:57 PMPosted by VILEINFECTED
How can you inbred idiots even think she is OP now. Every time I even attempted to dive, even with ravage reset, I was instantly stunned, pushed away, put to sleep and suddenly deleted.

Then how do you explain 59% winrate (with high popularity) at masters/diamond?
09/26/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Praetorian
Is she really overpowered? Or are people just not used to her being viable?

This.
09/28/2018 05:38 PMPosted by TheBlaDe

People don't ban her? Or Pick counter heroes? They have their own meta in their head? Who knows...Maybe they have a kerrigan who fights only when half the team is dead to build stacks early game? Maybe they don't deserve to be in master/diamond?

Who knows...
09/28/2018 05:38 PMPosted by TheBlaDe

New Kerrigan has been out for like 4 days. she's a hero that has been absent in high level play for quite a while so adjusting to her general kit as well has her altered playstyle is gonna take a while.
just watched kerrigan tank my entire team focused on her and not break a sweat below 1/2 health and killed 3/5 of us....no shes fine shes not broken at all.....