Kerrigan is pretty op now?

General Discussion
The problem is the team around her supporting her, if you can separate her from her team(or kill the healers/tanks) that is one way to easily kill her. Artanis comes to mind as a decent counter since his swaps can be fatal to her(but then again the swaps are fatal to pretty much anyone). Also, his beam of death is pretty good for soloing her or making her retreat.
09/26/2018 09:14 AMPosted by osea101
Sure she is much better than prerework but in terms of utility and damage but she is still outclassed by so many other assassins.

vague language with buzzswords like "outclassed" mixed in

how to think you sound like you know what you're talking about 101
yup she's strong.... fml
Overall, her burst damage is more in her entire combo instead of just in her W.

She has a winmore style of kit, the more damage she deals, the more damage she will keep dealing much like miaev in her massive fan resets and somewhat like mephistos static barrier style, making it safer for him to continue dealing damage.

Ideally, if you see her and don't CC her, then you're gonna have a bad time.

What her rework really did was make her far more sticky, with effectively 3 ravages at level 7 with boundless fury. Previously kerrigan had only her one ravage that she would use to initiate or finish to get another reset. It's why bladed momentum with double strike builds were popular with kerrigan, to quickly get CDR on that ravage to quickly get out on a minion or dive in on a target to drop burst.

What's really interesting is combining her auto attack builds with bladed momentum and volatile power, giving her an effective 70% damage returned as shields, getting even more nasty at 20 with scaling AAs and AoE on ravage usage. Terrifying trade god.

But all of these kerrigan hate threads stim from one thing: She get's too much shields. What do I say to that? That mean's she's hitting your team.

Her kit does include momentum talents and burst talents but they all go off hitting mulitple people at once, if you don't let her hit more than one hero, much like mephisto or maiev, she's actually pretty meek.

This doesn't disregard her as an dive assassin mind you, she can still destroy backline squishies with relative ease, but if no one's taking advantage of kerrigans main CDs being off line and she has to hit people with AAs to get shields or CDR then that's the players fault, not kerrigans.

She also has more predicable ravages, since you almost have to be on top of people to get them off now, it should be relatively easy to know where to put skillshots if you see her walking towards someone.

tl;dr
I don't think she's overpowered, she's just adopted a new style of play.
09/28/2018 05:53 PMPosted by VILEINFECTED
09/28/2018 05:38 PMPosted by TheBlaDe

Then how do you explain 59% winrate (with high popularity) at masters/diamond?

People don't ban her? Or Pick counter heroes? They have their own meta in their head? Who knows...Maybe they have a kerrigan who fights only when half the team is dead to build stacks early game? Maybe they don't deserve to be in master/diamond?

Who knows...

What you are saying doesn't seem to be consistent - you say that people in masters/diamond don't know how to play or pick against Kerrigan thus resulting in high win rates, yet in your previous post you said you got deleted every time you tried to do anything with her.

So either its that somehow only the opponents you play against always happens to know how to deal with Kerrigan or you aren't proficient with her.

There's a good number of respected players (such as notparadox) who have mentioned they believe she's overtuned, I really doubt that she's having so much success right now because people all just forgot how to play against one of the oldest heroes in the game =/
09/28/2018 11:40 PMPosted by TheBlaDe
I really doubt that she's having so much success right now because people all just forgot how to play against one of the oldest heroes in the game =/

I mean just by giving her more ravages to work with means she's a lot more mobile than before, it's not just a simple up tune, it was a rework.

How exactly would you play against rexxar if you discovered he could actually uncouple his bear to do merc camps from across the map?
Shes not OP, its all about setup!! here a example:

https://youtu.be/GjQ6VUN2TKY
Broken completely.

I witnessed a lvl7 Kerrigan destroy a fort absorbing all missiles with shields. 40-45% shields at lvl7.

Feels she got Illidan's mobility, Fenix's shields, and Mane's damage. With stun. And pull.

I don't understand how this rework got past QA.

EDIT: Funny that the dislikes to this post, are coming from people that mains Kerrigan.
Stickier in small skirmishes and team fights with up to 3 ravages. A lot more shields if you are in the middle of a big team fight and the enemy does not focus you. Nice to see her get some love.
09/29/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Persefone
Shes not OP, its all about setup!! here a example:

https://youtu.be/GjQ6VUN2TKY

They all got close when they didn't need to, kerrigan combod them with volitile energy, got shields, lined up for her and she ulted on top of that.

I'm sorry, I've seen alaraks deadly charge in and Q everyone into oblivion, kerrigan combos do not surprise.
Overall, her burst damage is more in her entire combo instead of just in her W.
Yes and I still see people who underuse her (2nd) Q. New Primal Grasp AoE is frikkin good when combod with talents, but you need to land it first. This is where her extra Q kicks in - you use it to reposition yourself to actually get a value from that E AoE.
09/28/2018 02:04 PMPosted by UncleGanon
09/28/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Evildrake
I think if her sustain is a bit too high then it's because of "Volatile Power" at 13 and the "Bladed Momentum" resets in combination of her "Fury of the Swarm". Guess those talents need a look to make other talent choices more appealing.

other way around. the talents nobody chooses need to be looked at so they can be competitive. nerfing good talents so garbage talents look more attractive is just artificial diversity.

Normally you're right, but the other talents have nth to do with said talents. Buffing other talents won't change the sustain she receives from the talents I mentioned. Eventually other talents need some buffs but I think it's clear that her sustain did skyrocket(with said talents) and I don't think it's intended.
Was never a fan of her play style. But this rework made me one. It's a lot of fun jumping around and actually having shield on you for a few seconds before getting destroyed, but then again, I'm still learning her.
I thought she was op until i tried her and realized that if someone is good enough to dodge the combo you are in for a bad time. If you engage the ennemy team and they dodge the combo by sidewalking or stunning you, pray that your team follow to save you.
Kerrigan has always been good. This version, people are just not use to seeing chain jump. We use to seeing her jump once and thing we cool while its on cooldown.
Lol guys I am back with a more informed assessment of kerrigan.

She's not just op she needs a hotfix ASAP
Shield is wayy strong imo, combined with the extra q..
Nah, she's too squishy to go in and get targeted and feed the team. Shes the complete opposite of OP. I don't even try to go in with her; I let them go out of position first.
09/29/2018 01:11 AMPosted by Tazrizen
09/28/2018 11:40 PMPosted by TheBlaDe
I really doubt that she's having so much success right now because people all just forgot how to play against one of the oldest heroes in the game =/

I mean just by giving her more ravages to work with means she's a lot more mobile than before, it's not just a simple up tune, it was a rework.

How exactly would you play against rexxar if you discovered he could actually uncouple his bear to do merc camps from across the map?

I get what you mean - but remember this is a 2 way thing, yes, while opposing players do and will accumulate more and more experience against her - don't forget this is also true for the Kerrigan player as well, they will get better and better at how to play her with the new changes.

And its clear the latter is the one that's having the edge right now. Every day her winrates have edged up, 58% overall but already up to 60.7% in masters/diamond - honestly, when was the last time a hero spiked up to these winrates and started dropping back down without any balance patches?