TL is Now as Bad as HL Is

General Discussion
Why do we have solo queue in TEAM League again?
TL was a joke before and nothing more then a stomp fest. It's 100x better because you actually get a game in under 30 minutes.
It's obvious you didn't play a lot of TL except as a 2/3 man party where you and your buddy probably spent most of your time complaining about the other people on your team.

Do yourself a favor, stop being anti social and find yourself 4 other people to join the queue with.
So TL improved?
09/28/2018 07:06 AMPosted by zenasprime
It's obvious you didn't play a lot of TL except as a 2/3 man party where you and your buddy probably spent most of your time complaining about the other people on your team.

Do yourself a favor, stop being anti social and find yourself 4 other people to join the queue with.

To be fair, TL was a joke FARRRR before they changed to the 2&3 format. There were seasons where my friends and I would have like a 70-5 record... and we were just 3 masters and 2 diamonds.

I knew of Grand Master teams who were like 150-2 in TL... This was back when it was only 5 man groups and the game would genuinely put 5x masters vs 5x golds just because it had no way to find close matches.

As for the solo queue in TL thing... it's probably not going to be good in the short term. But I'm guessing their idea is that it will introduce more solo queue players to teams of 4 (or like 3+1+1 teams) and this in turn will occasionally lead to the 4 players becoming friends with the 1 player.

It's not going to happen 100% of the time. It's probably more likely to happen 5-10% of the time. But I get their logic, at least.
Well in the end it got to what HL was before.

Still this was the only option they got. Wait times of over 15 min are just bad.No one played it outside of getting ranked.+ finding 5 man is insanely hard. Christ even finding 3 man is hard.

By that i mean a proper 3 man and not 2+1 random.I got a friend i play his game with so i always play as 2 man and we play quite nice as a team.

But most teams aint this. I can see when they work like crap with one together.
09/28/2018 07:16 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
To be fair, TL was a joke FARRRR before they changed to the 2&3 format. There were seasons where my friends and I would have like a 70-5 record... and we were just 3 masters and 2 diamonds.

Wonderful, you and your friends had a winning season where you were the best team in the League for a season. Go try out for a professional team and up the ante. That doesn't mean that for the rest of the players it wouldn't be both an enjoyable and challenging experience.

It's like you are saying that because Maru has more than double the amount of WCS points then any other player in the league, we should just shut down the league because it's all just a joke! Maru is the exception, not the rule.

I knew of Grand Master teams who were like 150-2 in TL... This was back when it was only 5 man groups and the game would genuinely put 5x masters vs 5x golds just because it had no way to find close matches.

And the answer isn't to throw more bad players who aren't coordinating as a team into the mix just so that we can get a shorter queue time because 2/3 player parties aren't ideal.

The question should be: where the hell is in game Clan support such that players could reasonably organize and maintain their player social networks that would contribute to higher quality games all around.
09/28/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Legion
finding 5 man is insanely hard.

Dude, no it's not. The folks I play with have absolutely no problem finding players to fill 5 man teams. You have a friends list. You have chat channels. Use them to find players and build a network of players which you can call upon to join you for games. Just put a little bit of effort into being a social creature that can cultivate and maintain bonds with other human beings. Not everyone needs to be your bestest buddy to play a few games of Team League.
Just remove HL and UD, leaving TL the only mode for draft play. Also, removing this pointless Rank system altogether since Rank in HotS means nothing where GM can be beaten badly by Silver.
Team league has always been a joke of a mode, I'm doing the placement matches just for the fun of crushing a few noobs but yeah, it's always been a joke and it's not going to get any better now xD
09/28/2018 07:54 AMPosted by zenasprime

Wonderful, you and your friends had a winning season where you were the best team in the League for a season. Go try out for a professional team and up the ante. That doesn't mean that for the rest of the players it wouldn't be both an enjoyable and challenging experience.

It's like you are saying that because Maru has more than double the amount of WCS points then any other player in the league, we should just shut down the league because it's all just a joke! Maru is the exception, not the rule.

And the answer isn't to throw more bad players who aren't coordinating as a team into the mix just so that we can get a shorter queue time because 2/3 player parties aren't ideal.

The question should be: where the hell is in game Clan support such that players could reasonably organize and maintain their player social networks that would contribute to higher quality games all around.

Why do people like you never seem to be able to comprehend what the person you are quoting is saying.

I'm saying that TL has NEVER been competitive. TL has ALWAYS been a JOKE. So what does trying new things really do to mess with it?

The reason I brought up my record was not to brag. The reason I brought it up was to show that TL was always bad and always one sided. I am not a pro player. I should never have a 70-5 record in any "ranked" game mode. Ever. I mean it's one thing to have 51-60% win rate for a season, that happens. It shouldn't be 90%. 90% means the game mode was broken.

And guess what, it wasn't much better when they made it 2&3 instead of forced 5 stack.

But you act like them making it ONLY 5 man parties is going to fix things. My post was to show you that it actually gets worse because there are less people playing. By opening it 1,2,3,4 and 5 it means more people will be able to play it.

In "theory" this means closer match making, because the system is going to have far more players (probably 5-10x more players than with just 5 party only) to pull into games. I couldn't tell you the number of times I wanted to TL but we had 4 players so we just went to UR.

09/28/2018 07:57 AMPosted by zenasprime
09/28/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Legion
finding 5 man is insanely hard.

Dude, no it's not. The folks I play with have absolutely no problem finding players to fill 5 man teams. You have a friends list. You have chat channels. Use them to find players and build a network of players which you can call upon to join you for games. Just put a little bit of effort into being a social creature that can cultivate and maintain bonds with other human beings. Not everyone needs to be your bestest buddy to play a few games of Team League.

Actually, it IS harder to find a solid 5 man than you make it out to be. Over the 3 years of playing HotS and almost 7000 games, I have made about 20-25 friends that I would consider "close" HotS buddies. Of these 20-25, about 7 or 8 still play the game. Of those 7 or 8, only 2 are "Master", the rest I just like to play with as friends but they get blown out in a competitive environment. Then of those 2-3 Master friends, guess what, PEOPLE WORK. Our schedules only line up perfectly maybe once or twice every month.

Not everyone is on the same time zone.
Not everyone is of the same skill level.
Not everyone wants to play TL.

You act as though there is this massive pool of friendly (lol) players sitting in general chat, just waiting to be picked up by people looking for Diamond+ TL, who are also perfect personality matches for the other 4 players they are with... who also play the role that the other 4 players don't play. Who also like to listen to someone else shot call their games.

Sure, it's real easy for someone like you who is probably gold or silver (can't tell because you are posting from an alt account or have hidden yourself from HotSlogs search) to find casual TL buddies... but it isn't them same when you get to Diamond+. People have egos. People don't like losing. It's not simple to find 5 somewhat like minded, like-skilled players with the same time zone, same work schedules, same open schedule after work, large enough hero pools that they can fill all roles.

Dude, like... nobody plays HotS anymore anyways. I see the same 10-15 guys every time I play. The player pool isn't as big as you make it out to be.
09/28/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Sarf
Just remove HL and UD, leaving TL the only mode for draft play. Also, removing this pointless Rank system altogether since Rank in HotS means nothing where GM can be beaten badly by Silver.

How about we remove QM instead, that way all the problems QM has won't bleed into ranked because Blizzard has to balance with QM in mind. Surely that's a better solution then removing 3 modes.
09/28/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Werbs713

How about we remove QM instead, that way all the problems QM has won't bleed into ranked because Blizzard has to balance with QM in mind. Surely that's a better solution then removing 3 modes.

QM is the most popular mode, by far. My guess is that people like to play their specific hero and don't like to draft. So, by removing it would also mean driving away majority of players. IMO, QM needs to stay. But fixing QM is easy. I don't understand why Blizzard can't do it. The current match making is already RNG so they just need to match players based on composition instead of the incorrect MMR. Problem solved. They already have all the database of all compositions in HotS history. Just use those as templates.
I'm saying that TL has NEVER been competitive. TL has ALWAYS been a JOKE. So what does trying new things really do to mess with it?

Hero League has NEVER been competitive. Hero League has ALWAYS been a JOKE. So what does pushing all those players over to Team League have to do with making it more or less competitive?

09/28/2018 10:12 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
Not everyone is on the same time zone.
Not everyone is of the same skill level.
Not everyone wants to play TL.

The sun rises in the EAST and sets in the WEST. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

You're acting as if nobody has ever been able to organize and manage a competitive team game before in the history of humanity because people have incompatible schedules and tastes.

o.O

You act as though there is this massive pool of friendly (lol) players sitting in general chat, just waiting to be picked up by people looking for Diamond+ TL

Yes. I know that this is true because this is how I play 5 man party Team League every single time I enter the queue. If you aren't having the same results, it's not because it's "OMGIMPOSSIBLE!!!!"

Dude, like... nobody plays HotS anymore anyways. I see the same 10-15 guys every time I play. The player pool isn't as big as you make it out to be.

"Nobody" plays Warcraft 3 anymore but... well there's no real argument here because you are basing this BS on absolutely nothing. Oh right, you probably don't remember how we all used to play competitive games just fine way before their was Twitch, eSports, and everyone, including your grandmom playing video games and OMG my game isn't super popular with my High School Friends so it must mean that it's the end of the world!!!

Sure, it's real easy for someone like you who is probably gold or silver

/facepalm
Apparently "poopshow" is not a good substitute for, well you can probably guess, and the title of this thread has been changed to use "bad" instead.
30 second the serching time atleast for a solo players. One the good thing.

Remove QM and you can delete this game. Its the most played mode and like me and my friends only play QM because the rank system is a joke.
Remove QM and its time to uninstall
09/28/2018 12:55 PMPosted by Trollzor

Remove QM and you can delete this game. Its the most played mode and like me and my friends only play QM because the rank system is a joke.
Been to HL and Unranked. My friend, QM is a joke in comparison. The 'lul' match matching I can not take very seriously. Though it's fun to test a hero with some test subjects, but that's about it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Been to HL and Unranked. My friend, QM is a joke in comparison. The 'lul' match matching I can not take very seriously. Though it's fun to test a hero with some test subjects, but that's about it.

Heroes is a JOKE. MOBAs are a JOKE. Playing video games are a JOKE. Life is a JOKE.

What does this even mean?
They should atleast have reset everyones TL rank and have seeded people from HL to get some even matches. It will take many months to even this sh*t show out. =( There's too many players with a too high rank in TL compared to their relative skill level.