Why are team league and hero league separated?

General Discussion
I just play TL now.

-You can now play solo in TL
-No hero requirement to enter
-More XP for TL
-End season reward are awarded for lower rank then in HL
-Since i play solo, i get matched with a party actually trying to win

In my opinion HL and TL should be merged.

No point having 2 mode competing for players, making queue time longer for both.

Discuss
09/30/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Nuka
No hero requirement to enter

This will be fixed soon. Obvious Blizzard forgetfulness.

And reason for no merging is no one wants to play with you and your 3 heroes you barely know. XP is for noobs... and yea thats not who I wanna play with either. Those people dont care about winning, just farming. Plus they don't now how to win anyway or even know what a win condition is. They won't know how to play for at least 1000 games. I'm not kidding. Majority of new players are TERRIBLE at this game. They teach each other to be incredibly aggressive and do stupid things. To that end.... yea TL is cancer right now without the requirements. Also possible problem with botting.

All the reasons you stated is the very reason why I would NEVER solo TL. EVER.

In an ideal world... mm works... and to that end ranked would work.
HL is for SOLO ranking only. See what you can achieve on your own.
It should stay and blizzard should finally fix their system.

Long queue times ARE GOOD. It means the matchmaker is trying to be thoughtful. You may not care to get insta-matched with a 15 death player and all game solo laner but I do.
Cause team league was a joke mode and allowing solos to play in it make it less of that
You can now play solo in TL

Good for you.

No hero requirement to enter

Not really a good thing for a competitive mode.

More XP for TL

That's not why you should want to play a competitive mode.

End season reward are awarded for lower rank then in HL

By now I guess you know what I'm going to say.... right? I don't care I didn't get a mount because I didn't even play 10 matches in TL last season. That's not why I want to play a competitive mode.

Since i play solo, i get matched with a party actually trying to win

I don't really see the correlation here. If you're in a duo then the trio doesn't want to win? When all players are solo they don't want to win?

No point having 2 mode competing for players, making queue time longer for both.

In my opinion they definitely shouldn't. HL used to allow duos, hell it even allowed trios at some point and people wanted those gone from HL. Now you can have all the fun you want with team in TL, leave HL alone.

Yes there is a point, some people don't want to deal with the mess that team of multiple sizes along with solo players can be.

Since i play solo, i get matched with a party actually trying to win

I don't really see the correlation here. If you're in a duo then the trio doesn't want to win? When all players are solo they don't want to win?

The way i see it:

When playing QM - a lot of people ain't trying very hard.
In HL: Countless game i have had crybaby throwing , afking, you name it.

When people are in a party, they are less likely to throw, afk or exhibit any other kind of negative behavior. They are more likely to work together.

It is not perfect, but i am pretty sure the odds are better.
I just play TL now.

-You can now play solo in TL
-No hero requirement to enter
-More XP for TL
-End season reward are awarded for lower rank then in HL
-Since i play solo, i get matched with a party actually trying to win

Discuss
Because TL is still easily rigged to your favor if you know what you're doing, and Hero League is miserable for everyone that isn't Master Rank.

There's also the fact that teams are never balanced in team league. There are always people significantly higher or lower than you in skill, so you should get a reward if the game makes you feel like getting stabbed is a better idea than playing it.

In my opinion HL and TL should be merged

I accept this opinion. But there is a large group of people who don't care about XP or banners and play MOBAS for a competitive experience. And those people play HL since it's the only mode that offers it.

TL is for having fun with friends. But it's so incredible hard to balance since anyone can group up, that it will never be somewhere near. They removed the duo queue from HL for a good reason.

I disagree with a lot of things what Blizzard is doing. But I'm fine with the change of TL. Since it's open for solos they can now fine granular tune the MMR of a team and find games quicker. TL was a stompfest for decades now, maybe it's better now, maybe not. HL players don't need to suffer both ways.

No, HL is a solo queue ranked mode while team league is a party queue ranked mode.

The two are distinct and should remain separate.

Just because Blizzard decided to ruin TL with solo queues doesn't mean we need to destroy the only competitive mode in this game that isn't a giant laughing stock.