Someone please define "watchtowers" for me...

General Discussion
Cuase if its what i think it is, with the current map rotation, the 2nd quest for Alex is impossible. None of the maps in rotation have them. At all. Thanks blizz.

EDIT: unless the 2 camps in hanamura count... no clue on this.
Only maps it seems to rotate for me is the garden and dragon knight ones even. Can't even get in to test if hanamura works.
I believe this is bugged (like many of the other tracking quests). I've done Gardens & Towers of Doom as Azmo (to ensure I got credit for taking the towers out) and still 0/4.

Edit: These were winning games as well.
09/25/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Nifleheim
I believe this is bugged (like many of the other tracking quests). I've done Gardens & Towers of Doom as Azmo (to ensure I got credit for taking the towers out) and still 0/4.

Edit: These were winning games as well.

Those aren't watchtowers. Watchtowers are the things that provide vision.
Hanamura recon camps do not count towards 'watchtowers'

The 5 maps in rotation DO NOT have watchtowers.

Cursed Hollow, which doesn't show on the list but comes up in unranked rotation, has 2 watchtowers.

Good luck in getting that 1/6 chance map.

Edit: Cursed Hollow comes up in unranked... somehow
Cursed Hallow.
Sky Temple.
Should be dragon shire map based on rotation map. The North capture Point and the South capture point are seem to be watchtowers for me.
09/25/2018 01:09 PMPosted by OohLaaLaa
Should be dragon shire map based on rotation map. The North capture Point and the South capture point are seem to be watchtowers for me.

Just tried capping shrines for 'watchtower' progress. Did NOT work.
+1, flawless design there Blizzard.
09/25/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Degaris
Cursed Hallow.
Sky Temple.

That's only in ranked. The current unranked maps are:

Hanamura Temple
Alterac Pass
Towers of Doom
Garden of Terror
Dragon Shire

None of which have watchtowers.
How lovely. Guess I'm screwed. Thanks blizz
I love how some people "grief" other players with their Genji. They rush to the Tower and be like "screw everyone else" because I can.

Basically, they don't share the tower, they rush for it.
09/25/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Degaris
Cursed Hallow.
Sky Temple.

also BHB and haunted mines but they are off
A watch tower is a circular area you stand in to capture and it reveals the nearby area.

The problem is that they accidently forgot that none of the maps choosen for rotation had watch towers in them. Hanamura has Watch Tower Camps which are not counted as watch towers. Currently the only way to complete the quest (outside draft modes? someone said they can still roll the appropiate maps...) is by getting lucky and having 1 completly new player in your game so that it is Cursed Hollow which has 2 Watch Towers.

As long as this is reported in the bug report forum and people regularly bump/confirm it, it will be quickly fixed. This is not the first time Blizzard has made such a mistake, with recently a hero rotation existing that lacked any Overwatch heroes to do Overwatch quests, and it is usually fixed within 24-48 hours.
It's possible the recon camps were intended to work and that it is a big in that regard.
Play ranked or QM or AI. You have options guys. Every time I skip draft modes, I'm unlucky enough to get BHB.
09/25/2018 03:23 PMPosted by DudeMan
Play ranked or QM or AI. You have options guys. Every time I skip draft modes, I'm unlucky enough to get BHB.

Well since BHB is out of QM rotation, yeah.. quite unlucky broh. Sure.
BHB is out of QM rotation

So cursed hollow, haunted mines and sky temple is out of rotation too? Just finished fixing dinner bruh. New patch and rotations brah. Havent played yet broh. GL with your quests.
09/25/2018 12:57 PMPosted by BallaDave
Cursed Hollow comes up in unranked

Does that include vs ai?????
09/25/2018 03:15 PMPosted by SierraSoul
It's possible the recon camps were intended to work and that it is a big in that regard.

yes but thats still only a quest you can complete if you're lucky enough to get that map. and on top of that they don't work