I want to try a stealth hero. Suggestions?

General Discussion
Hey, I want to try out a stealth hero. I've never really played one of the HoTs stealth characters before.

I'm coming here to ask who is the easiest to play? Or rather, who would be a good starter that would offer the most benefit to my team for the least amount of skill?

Likewise, who is the hardest to play? Who offers the most skill to play? (What character should I aspire to)

Edit: What kind of play style am I looking to make? Do I run between each lane picking off targets? Do I camp the enemy healer the whole game? Do I just run around and take camps? Should I try pushing lanes?
uninstall the game and play a different one with Actual(TM) Stealth
Stealth doesn't work the way you think it does, it just makes you untargetable so you can only be hit by skillshots

but if you wanna dip your toe, play as Samuro (who is just a bruiser) so you can see that his "Stealth" is really just a speed boost that can be turned off with a skill shot
I've only played Zeratul, but he's really fun. He's not too hard to make an impact early on in the learning curve, but he's hard enough to keep improving for a long time. His playstyle is somewhat flexible - you can do a PvE build if your comp needs a jungler. Or you can focus on being an assassin. There is potential for amazing plays and combos. Both ultimates can be fun. I don't think you'd be disappointed with him.
09/25/2018 03:34 PMPosted by sancho
I've only played Zeratul, but he's really fun. He's not too hard to make an impact early on in the learning curve, but he's hard enough to keep improving for a long time. His playstyle is somewhat flexible - you can do a PvE build if your comp needs a jungler. Or you can focus on being an assassin. There is potential for amazing plays and combos. Both ultimates can be fun. I don't think you'd be disappointed with him.

This is great advice. For the last few months I've been on a stealth character kick. I've been playing a lot of Sombra in Overwatch, and have recently re-mained my rogue in WoW. I like the assassin style of play where I sneak around and kick a priority target and take them out and then vanish. Wait for abilities, and do it again.

But I also like being able to be useful in a pve aspect if my team needs me to fill that role as well.
09/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Siameren
But I also like being able to be useful in a pve aspect if my team needs me to fill that role as well.

Zeratul and Samuro would probably be your best bets for this.

Zeratul is overall a very useful hero for many reasons. But isn't gimped by being poked out of stealth. So he can easily help with camps and objectives without relying on stealth.

Samuro is just really good at taking camps quickly with the right build. But he is overall the hardest stealth hero to play effectively.
Nova is the easiest pure stealth hero as she has the most range so some safety with that regard. Valeera is the hardest stealth hero as she is melee and has as good as no escape. Zeratul is potentially the most powerful stealth hero as despite being melee he has high end escape, has powerful setup tools and even has life sustain late game.

Zeratul is the only stealth hero that has good life sustain late game. Valeera is the only stealth hero that has fantastic resource sustain. Nova has bad life and resource sustain but better life sustain than Valeera as being ranged she will generally take less damage.

The above does not count Samuro as much of his play is not stealth as his stealth has limited up time and few interactions. He will use stealth mostly to try and avoid damage engaging as well as to escape. If counted he has the best resource sustain due to not requiring resources at all and second worst health sustain since he is melee and cannot regenerate health at all but unlike Valeera has disposable illusions to take some of the damage.

Stealth heroes do not include heroes with late game stealth options. Such heroes are Tyrande, Mediev and Brightwing (once patch goes live).
So, which stealth heroes have a "vanish" type ability where they can jump back into stealth during combat if the fight turns against them?

Edit: Hopefully with either a baseline ability or an early talent.
09/25/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Siameren
So, which stealth heroes have a "vanish" type ability where they can jump back into stealth during combat if the fight turns against them?

valeera, nova, and samuro can all stealth while in combat, but zeratul can kind of do it too with blinking away, nova's + samuro's is kind of limited because of the long cd but valeera has smoke bomb as well to help with that

overall however what deshara said is kind of true unfortunately heroes of the storm isn't the best game to represent stealth since all stealths have an outline around them that makes them pretty clearly visible unless you stand still for 2.5 seconds, some of them are still fun however and I like playing valeera
09/25/2018 04:05 PMPosted by SpicyMayo26
09/25/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Siameren

valeera, nova, and samuro can all stealth while in combat, but zeratul can kind of do it too with blinking away, nova's + samuro's is kind of limited because of the long cd but valeera has smoke bomb as well to help with that

overall however what deshara said is kind of true unfortunately heroes of the storm isn't the best game to represent stealth since all stealths have an outline around them that makes them pretty clearly visible unless you stand still for 2.5 seconds, some of them are still fun however and I like playing valeera

I thought they had a shimmer effect if you got to close to them, otherwise they were invisible/stealth?

Did they change something since the last time I played? Are all stealthies literally just visible now, but can't be targetted?
09/25/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Siameren
09/25/2018 04:05 PMPosted by SpicyMayo26

I thought they had a shimmer effect if you got to close to them, otherwise they were invisible/stealth?

Did they change something since the last time I played? Are all stealthies literally just visible now, but can't be targetted?
You might want to go into try mode and set the opponent to one of the stealthies. You'll see for yourself.
Zeratul is easy and strong.
Samuro is strong but hard.
Valeera is hard once you master her she is above average.
Nova is easy, but useless, once you master her she is viable.
09/25/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Siameren
I'm coming here to ask who is the easiest to play?

nova
09/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Siameren
recently re-mained my rogue in WoW. I like the assassin style of play where I sneak around and kick a priority target and take them out and then vanish. Wait for abilities, and do it again.
Valeera is your girl.
Stealthies are cancer... most of the time they hang around doing nothing much except waiting for the right time to contribute. If you want to contribute, pick a character that does everything the stealthy does, but better, because they don't have the crutch of stealth.
Stealth in this game is overnerfed and sucks because the people complaining and cry about stealthies heroes.