Help with Auriel

General Discussion
I really like the concept of this healer, but she is kinda hard to figure out...

Can someone give me a few tips and tricks to play her better?
Pick repeated offense and energized cord because your battery usually deals less damage than you and expects you to heal 120k out of 40k dmg. Also switch the crown when its target falls asleep to gain at least 100 energy from someone else. Prey for non-splitting allies! :D
You need to keep on auto-attacking while still positioning safe. Meaning if you have to attack minions, attack minions and then switch to a hero for a few shots when they get into range. You have your sweep that will provide a lot of energy. Your detainment strike E should be used to either stun or knock away enemies that are too close to you.

A lot of Auriel players get too close to the enemy because they are trying to generate energy and want to sweep as many enemies as they can. I've made that mistake on more than one occasion. Remember that it's better to be safe than sorry.

Try to use your heal on more than one ally. Move towards them or hit them when they are clumped.
-energized chord should always be picked as it increases your ability to get energy.

-converging force at 13 has great synergy well with increasing clarity at level 1 so try to build them together.

-while all of her level 16 talents can be pretty solid, Reservoir of Hope can often be the most consistent if your team is constantly taking a lot of damage.

- you don't need to constantly save your heal for the "perfect moment". if your trait is on someone who reliably builds up energy (plus you took energized chord), you can use heals to keep people at high hp rather than wait only until they are almost dead.

- your Q and E are excellent but you shouldn't risk dying just to get one of them off. always mind your distance and remember you are a healer first and foremost.
Lvl 1 I like to go either Swift Sweep if I am facing dive or only assassins, and Righteous Assault if I feel I will be allowed to take the extra time that Q's windup has and not get CC'd while doing it.

Lvl 4 is up to you and what you feel comfortable with. Detainment Strike (E) is very hard to land with the enemy colliding with a wall without practice and you only get value out of the E talents if you can do so. The safe pick is majestic span to increase the chance you hit a hero and to have an easily time killing creep in lane.

Lvl 7 Empathic Link is mandatory. I say this because in team fights Energized cord won't get you enough energy to go back to back full heals when your W is off cool down. Energized cord is great for PvE, but bad for PvP which means that it looses out because what really matters is that you can full heal constantly in a team fight and Empathic Link allows you to do that.

Lvl 10 Crystal Aiges. This ult is just good and can completely swing team fights.

Lvl 13 is blinding flash if you didn't take an E talent on lvl 4, or if you did take an E talent and you believe you will be able to hit multiple enemies than it is piercing lash. Note I think landing on multiple opponents is extremely hard to do, and even then the pay off of reducing the cool down by 2 seconds is very minimal.

Lvl 16 This tier is completely situational to your team comp and how long you think the game will go to.

Lvl 20 is Shield of Hope. I've won many a games by landing a good Shield of Hope and then fully healing for 1000+ after. The flying talent is fun but makes your team significantly weaker in team fights and the ult upgrade sucks comparatively to Shield of Hope.
Auriel is a good healer. Very balanced. Not OP by any stretch and has a very high skill cap. Her CD on her heal is somewhat unreliable because it is long and if your team stops doing dmg, even if its off CD, its dead in the water. I wish she was buffed and they shaved at least a little time off her main heal CD. You could just ask for a battery like guldan, lunara, chogall, aa heroes, DoT heroes...or you need to watch your allies very closely and change your crown and anticipate offensive dmg. A really good auriel can be good on any team by focusing on her team's dmg output and maintaining her distance between the dps doers and enemies. I almost always take crystal aegis as it is the biggest counter to dive comps or kill commands like sulfuron smash, zuljins axe ult, pyroblast, and last rites.

Rapid attack and DoT heroes are your go-to for batteries. Tracer, zarya, tychus, sylvanas, samuro are some kinds of rapid attack.
Level 155 Auriel here 1,000 games played.

I always pick Righteous Assault + Majestic span in every situation and never change. The amount of healing you can do with multiple resets is beyond amazing.
DONT use your E for poke its your only defence
09/29/2018 05:04 PMPosted by OrangeJuice
Level 155 Auriel here 1,000 games played.

I always pick Righteous Assault + Majestic span in every situation and never change. The amount of healing you can do with multiple resets is beyond amazing.

Yes but any knockback, stun, silence, sleep fully interrups your Q, puts it to full cd and you gain no energy at all. The more you can cast Q the more you become sitting duck because of the 1sec sweep animation. If you can use that talent on max value you can dance in your opponents backline as well because their comp or game play is terrible.
09/30/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Amei
Yes but any knockback, stun, silence, sleep fully interrups your Q, puts it to full cd and you gain no energy at all. The more you can cast Q the more you become sitting duck because of the 1sec sweep animation. If you can use that talent on max value you can dance in your opponents backline as well because their comp or game play is terrible.

You make it sound easy to counter but it's actually not. Trust me, I have a lot of experience.

If you know how to position right, I never run into any problems.
Make sure you are using your trait efficiently. You do not have to put it on a battery and leave it there the entire match, you should get used to switching it around based on your team's CDs, positioning, and comps. Sometimes crowning a tank when they engage, then switching to a burst mage, then to a reliable auto-attacker can let you start a fight with full energy.
Auriel isnt that bad but she is easily counterable and requires a team with a good aggressive damage dealer and a tank that can create space for them. She gets countered by poke damage and cant heal well through pve(bosses etc) and she also needs your team to stack to get good heal value. All are factors which are really hard to manage outside of competetive play and therefor I would never recommend drafting her, there is a reason she doesnt see alot of play in pretty much any league.