Hero League queue time right now

General Discussion
Estimated wait: 739s

god damn!

1200 points on master for what it's worth.

Is this a result of opening TL up to solo queues? Whatever is the cause, this is stupid. I don't play QM, so I have to deal with this..
Blizzard has to start paying people to repopulate their game. And they can start by giving us Mei.
The long queue times are the result of population stagnation owing to blizzard's overt and absolute refusal to rework their report system, or to even consistently uphold their own code of conduct, coupled with proactive censorship of negative feedback.

Their methods of operation seem to revolve around rushing through scripted processes with little to no deviation or discretion as warranted by the individual nature of each case, just to give the illusion of fast service.

Because of this, certain 12-15 year olds have realized that all they need to do to remove someone they don't like from the game is make a dozen dummy accounts and spam "report abusive chat."

It is virtually impossible to avoid being sanctioned once someone has targeted you. Blizzard, for their part, won't actually investigate the sudden suspicious influx of reports against the same person (probably don't even track the IP of the person filing the report), but WILL go out of their way, digging through days of chat logs if necessary, just to find the one thing you said that could be INTERPRETED as a code of conduct violation.

For that matter, they outright refuse to give any meaningful information regarding any inquiries, citing "privacy and security reasons."

Why they spend effort doing one thing over the other is beyond my capability to fathom.

What I find ironic is how their phone callback and live chat systems have been "unavailable" for weeks. I can only imagine the amount of vitriol coming through those lines of communication from innocent victims of blizzard's hyper-draconian enforcement of the purposefully-vague "code of conduct."

Furthermore, they could safely delete every single line from their terms of service/EULA except for this one, and drop all pretense, because this is the one and only line that matters out of the entire stupid contract:

"We reserve the right to ban anybody for any reason, or no reason at all."
Exactly. Before today the only working mode (more or less) was Hero League.
Blizzard decided "Oh , we didn't screw this mode enough yet, let's see how we can ruin it - Oh yeah, let's move SoloQ in Team League, sounds a good idea!"

I don't know any normal thinking person, who is put in a RANDOM team to WANT to FACE a 5 man PREMADE team, if he has the option to play against other RANDOM team. Yes, it can totally happen 1x1x1x1x1 vs 5 man.

That way they made HL queue higher, since even soloQ ppl now are joining (for idk what reason) TL queues.

I can bet that the next move will be => How to lower the queue times in ranked => oh yeah let's combine them together. When this happens will be the moment when the circle will be complete and we will be brought back to the beta version of the game, where there was only 1 ranked mode for all party size groups and everyone wanted a soloQ ranked and ranked for groups, like it used to be before today.
09/26/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Vanaheim

Because of this, certain 12-15 year olds have realized that all they need to do to remove someone they don't like from the game is make a dozen dummy accounts and spam "report abusive chat."

[/quote]

What a weird thing to assume. You will never get sanctioned for "abusive chat" if you never did it in the first place. :)
09/26/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Copypastable
Blizzard has to start paying people to repopulate their game. And they can start by giving us Mei.

#NoMoreOverwatchHeroes

Not to mention we don't need the Overwatch community in HotS.
Dead Game, Gents.
09/26/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Critt
Estimated wait: 739s

god damn!

1200 points on master for what it's worth.

Is this a result of opening TL up to solo queues? Whatever is the cause, this is stupid. I don't play QM, so I have to deal with this..

No it was like that before.
I have no problem being on a random team solo vs a premade team. I did it and won since your ability to crush the other team is not impaired.

Also, I think they should get rid of HL to reduce queue teams.

09/26/2018 12:05 PMPosted by FrostyJK
Exactly. Before today the only working mode (more or less) was Hero League.
Blizzard decided "Oh , we didn't screw this mode enough yet, let's see how we can ruin it - Oh yeah, let's move SoloQ in Team League, sounds a good idea!"

I don't know any normal thinking person, who is put in a RANDOM team to WANT to FACE a 5 man PREMADE team, if he has the option to play against other

RANDOM team. Yes, it can totally happen 1x1x1x1x1 vs 5 man.

That way they made HL queue higher, since even soloQ ppl now are joining (for idk what reason) TL queues.

I can bet that the next move will be => How to lower the queue times in ranked => oh yeah let's combine them together. When this happens will be the moment when the circle will be complete and we will be brought back to the beta version of the game, where there was only 1 ranked mode for all party size groups and everyone wanted a soloQ ranked and ranked for groups, like it used to be before today.