Watchtowers?

General Discussion
What is a watchtower? because I destroyed countless enemy towers but it seems to not count. Not unless its bugged?
09/26/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Netori
What is a watchtower? because I destroyed countless enemy towers but it seems to not count. Not unless its bugged?

Vision granting areas on the map, marked with an eye on your mini-map.

PLOT TWIST: Capturing them isn't the challenge, the actual challenge is finding maps with watchtowers.
There are no maps in the current rotation that have watch towers.

A watch tower is the circle that you stand in to gain an ability to see the surrounding area. The closest thing to a watch tower in the current rotation are in Hanamura, but those are considered camps instead of watch towers, because we have to defeat three npcs to capture them.
I was confused on this for a bit, since the things you need to capture aren't specifically called 'watchtower' ingame, and watchTOWER makes you think there's an actual tower. What you need to capture are those pads that give you vision of an area, which are currently only in the Raven Lord map, and the Overwatch one. Buuut the Overwatch one actually has the watchtowers be minion camps, so they don't count. Soooooo good luck getting the ravelord map so you can capture 2 watchtowers.
09/26/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Chel
I was confused on this for a bit, since the things you need to capture aren't specifically called 'watchtower' ingame, and watchTOWER makes you think there's an actual tower.
It's true that the name isn't too good (no actual "tower" involved), but the "capture-the-point-to-gain-vision" thing is called that in the game.
For example, if you (manage to get into a map with one and) ping it, it'll say something like "<your hero> wants to capture Watchtower".
The camps from Hanamura dont count for the quest guys, I've tried it. And the only map rn is raven lords one I think
Proof they don't play their own game much or just trolling us?
The maps that are in unranked modes (VS AI and obv Unranked draft) dont have any watchtower maps in the rotation. you can find watch tower maps (cursed hollow, Hauted mines, skytemple, Warhead junction, Blackhearts bay)