Is Probius in need of a bit help?

General Discussion
It may be just me and i'm not good at the playstyle, but this hero feels weak.

His level 20 abilities are bad. Pylon are pretty weak too sorts of attacked.
Ye man
I had originally hoped... he would be able to build star gates to unleash protoss Zealots toward the enemy base... his ultimate could have been something awesome like summoning the protoss mothership (or the purifiers).
Probius is a niche hero. He's a really good ambush mage and zone control. He also does well on a map where you can double soak.
Yeah, he's probably the squishiest hero in the game because he has no escape, no hp, and medium range. For the life of me I don't know why his boost is interrupted on taking damage, unlike D.Va's or Hammer's.
09/29/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Hooglese
Yeah, he's probably the squishiest hero in the game because he has no escape, no hp, and medium range. For the life of me I don't know why his boost is interrupted on taking damage, unlike D.Va's or Hammer's.

If even the first 0.5 seconds of the boost was immune to the interrupt he would be immortal.
NO MEAT

HYYYAAAAAAAHHHH
1.25% popularity across all leagues.
2.9% in Masters.

He's really bad. he's also "niche" in the same way Chen, Butcher or Lost Vikings are niche: they aren't actually niche, they just stink. People tend to forget that niche characters are heroes like Abathur (someone who isn't great on all maps or in all comps, but can be very good and provide a big advantage if drafted properly), not a hero with a 3% or lower pickrate (much of which are winmore picks because people they they'll probably win anyway).
09/29/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Werbs713
Probius is a niche hero. He's a really good ambush mage and zone control. He also does well on a map where you can double soak.

Everyone keeps repeating rubbish like this when they have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

You say he's niche then say he is good at zone control. Well here's some news for you, 3/4 of the map involves zone control so he's niche but good on almost all the maps?

Also, there is no zone control on tomb of the spider queens and I can tell you that is one of the best maps for probius, his ability to push all 3 waves out constantly is insane, like xul.

Also, you say he is good at double soak. Well here's some news for you, probius excels on 2-lane maps like braxis because when he lanes 4-1, and he is part of the 4 man, he absolutely destroys the enemy 4-man. Even on battlefield of eternity, his winrate is decent because he is so good in the 4-man lane despite having relatively poor immortal damage.

All those maps are better than say sky temple. In theory, sky temple involves double soaking and zone control so it should be an excellent map for probius. In actual practice he gets ganked so much on big maps with 0 escape mechanism and squishy hp that bigger maps like that aren't really that much more favourable for probius.

So why is he niche exactly? Stop spouting rubbish about things you have no understanding about, I'm not saying he is not niche, just saying your understanding of probius is close to 0 just like most people spouting similar rubbish
09/29/2018 07:10 PMPosted by LuBu
I had originally hoped... he would be able to build star gates to unleash protoss Zealots toward the enemy base... his ultimate could have been something awesome like summoning the protoss mothership (or the purifiers).

Totally should have been a pet summoner, but nah that's not good for pro gaming.
09/29/2018 07:48 PMPosted by UncleGanon
1.25% popularity across all leagues.
2.9% in Masters.

How nice of you to omit his win rates. Yes, he has low pick rates, but for those that do pick him, he excels. And it's not a fluke, week in and out, he consistently is near the top.

There might be an issue of his play style being accessible, which is a problem, but calling him bad is really an overgeneralization.
I have a bizarrely high win rate with Probius. Around 68% in diamond league. He works best as a sustained assaulter. Backed up, he can just push down a lane like no one else and given the fact that he never runs out of mana means that you can easily outlast an enemy teams defenses.

His biggest weakness is that most people don’t know how to support him. While he can solo lane, his real strength is when he is backed up by a couple members of the team. Don’t even try to get kills, just keep the probe safe and push down the lane. Eventually, the enemy team will become frustrated enough that they will dive and it will get them killed.