Devs are in their own worlds

General Discussion
It seems that they only look statistics tables before making any sort of change about the game. Official forums is a place where players discuss with each other with a bunch of gamemasters ONLY regulating the language of the messages. I am over 1000 levels and the chance that any comment i make about anything getting seen by someone who actually has a control over the game is terrifyingly close to zero. If this was Dota or Cs it would be understandable since i would be a tiny drop in a lake but the community is small, smaller than you think. I see same people in my games every week.

Are they trying to shape the game to be more enjoyable(because they need to start listening to regular players if thats so) or are they trying to keep reworking all heroes every now and then so people wont be bored of them?
I can't say i was really ever bored with the way kerrigan and bw worked tbh the changes kind of surprised me when they were announced. It felt like two heroes that didn't really NEED changes got changed. BWs changes really don't make her feel any different to me either, just a new D trait spell to use. According to hotslogs(omg its not a reliable source!) BWs actually falling in winrate after the changes (46.8% was 47.1% yesterday). Kerrigan; however, is at the top of the chart.
they look at reddit a lot more bc this forum is mostly brain-dead neofascists scream-crying about how a female character being more than 80 pounds is literally the only oppression in the world and calling a private company doing what it wants with its own properties "censorship"
09/29/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Deshara
they look at reddit a lot more bc this forum is mostly brain-dead neofascists scream-crying about how a female character being more than 80 pounds is literally the only oppression in the world and calling a private company doing what it wants with its own properties "censorship"

..and here i thought it was because reddit was litterally the 'yes-man' in all this.
09/29/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Morogoth
09/29/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Deshara

..and here i thought it was because reddit was litterally the 'yes-man' in all this.

are they tho? Or do the dying-brained thinkwrongs who don't remember bad things that happened more than a year ago and convince themselves everything is worse now than before just not go to Reddit as much as here bc Reddit is better moderated?
I think they are too stupid to fix real issues like matchmaking so they just wreck good hero builds since they are bored.
09/29/2018 02:30 PMPosted by SickMage
It seems that they only look statistics tables before making any sort of change about the game.

I doubt that`s the case, otherwise they would have acted on Azmo like 2 months ago.

Here`s how I see it:
- They have their goals that take up around 90% of their time. Currently that seems to be redesign of maps and reworks of heroes. Sadly these goals (while being legit) don`t really reduce the list of problems the game has, but tend to add more.
If the remaining 10% isn`t enough to fix the balance or bugs, they just accept it and let it be for a while. (this is what kills my motivation for hots the most)

- Management seems to be lacking. One example: Watchtowersquest and maprotation. Left hand designed the quest, right hand made the rotation, brain didn`t realize that this doesn`t fit well together

- A lot of time gets spent on fixing their own mistakes. They wanted endless scaling questheroes and a niche. Turned out to be bad, nicheheroes being outperformed and questheroes either being bad or oppressive. Now they spend their time reworking them again.
Meanwhile they repeat other mistakes: Everyone gets armor... pick two 2018 heroes and chances are your team walks around with 50+ armor
I think the changes to BW were nice and Kerrigan needed some trait rebalancing to give her more variety but also there are so many other heroes that need reworking. Chen, Probius, Samuro... All of them need love, either due to power creep (like Chen) or due to because they're designed poorly (like Probius) or changes to the game have left them weak (like Samuro).