All the backlash that the GoT Rework got when announced...

General Discussion
09/25/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Rationail
They already deleted accounts of players that were loyal to them for over a decade, and this comes as a

Because they deserved it? Just because you're loyal doesnt mean you get a free pass no matter what you do.
09/25/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Jc2172
And Blizzard still decided to release it? Dear gods, really?

I thought the like to dislike ratio on Youtube alone would make them reconsider, I guess not. I don't know how changes like these keep going live to be honest. Did people on the PTR do a 180 in their opinion or what, because what I saw on the forums and Youtube was 90% of people hating it and a very minor 10% part of the fanbase liking it or having no strong opinion.

People whine and moan about a lot of things, most of them trivial and anecdotal, but the GoT map mechanic wasn't one of them. Ugh, this is actually depressing to me, and it shouldn't be.
I said this in another thread:
09/25/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Maximus
Sunk cost fallacy. They decided they already threw too many resources into this dumpsterfire, so instead of just letting the money they dumped into it burn away they'll decide to keep attempting to smother it with more money. This is basically Blizzard's modus operandi nowadays, as we can see with all the godawful reworks they still haven't fixed/reverted in both this game and others.
This map is horribly unbalanced, literally worse than Alterac was on its release. This is because the map is simply too small for an objective ripped straight from Cursed Hollow, a map that is more than 50% larger. They'll end up wasting far more resources struggling (and failing) to balance this map now than they would have if they'd either scrapped it or made an entirely new (and larger) map from scratch.
yeah I don't care for it, feels super bland
09/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Xenterex
09/25/2018 03:04 PMPosted by breadisfunny
no the only input they accept is input which just validates their own beliefs

hots 2.0 demonstrated blizz does act on some input and despite the tendency to scoff vets in favor of new accounts and smurfs, they did make the vet-specific loot box in the transition.

Even if it were just a one off, not only is that a response from the playerbase reaction, but it wouldn't be one that 'validates their own beliefs'

If ptr outcry were acting on immediately, not a whole lot would get done on the game as most of the backlash was per the reveal and out of spite for the change, not in particular to what was changed. So why should any of that matter as it would just reinforce the notion that uninformed impulsive qq gets immediate responses and would validate the chronic complaints that post that sort of crap — which, ironically, would be against what does 'validate' their 'belief'

-not that I think you'd put two cents together on why some forms of feedback are ignored and other, better presented forms, are not. But sure, feel free to make things to 'validate' your own beliefs as there's evidently no irony in that here.

you really are naive aren't you sunshine?
09/25/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Curivity
Well I'm sure they're going off of every previous rework. Potentially many people will dislike the new content but overtime opinions change
I know quite a few people who are still pissed about the first Tassadar, Tyrande, Malthael, Chromie, etc. reworks. They haven't gotten over it, they just got tired of attempting to express their opinions, criticisms, and suggestions to developers who don't give half a rabbit's turd about them.

I expect this rework to be a bigger deal though, because unlike heroes, you cannot choose not to play on this map.
Piloting the terror was one of the most fun rewards for winning an objective in the game, whatever other problems the map had, and it did have problems, I can't believe they thought that was one of them.
They remade GoT when no wanted that

They wont give an ARAM mode when everyone wants that

Excellent job.
The map is terrible and victory is decided when the first terror wave spawns.

I've played a few times and only once the match got to the point of spawning the second terror wave, because the winning team simply didn't want to keep he pressure and decided to cap mercs and wait for seeds. It made the match go up to (sigh) 15 minutes or almost that.

The first terror wave can easily destroy all forts, and with a good team pushing a lane they can destroy at least one keep too. I did that in one of the matches, we destroyed their core in ten minutes simply by keeping the pressure after the last terror died.

It goes against Blizzard's philosophy of come back mechanics, fun/anti-fun mechanics, or any other design they have for this game really.
09/25/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Flinx
09/25/2018 02:57 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
What backlash? All there was were a few (minority) of players complaining on the forum about it.

And most of that backlash came when the map was revealed, before they even had a chance to play it.

I have ZERO issue with people not liking a map (or any other aspect of the game.) But wait until you have actually played it before making that decision. It is like my kids saying they hate what I am making them for dinner before they have even tasted it.

Played it twice. I was so upset I started tower diving and I never do that. Second time I wanted to vomit. I !@#$ing hate that map now. Was my favorite.
09/25/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Rationail
Played it twice. I was so upset I started tower diving and I never do that. Second time I wanted to vomit. I !@#$ing hate that map now. Was my favorite.

While the map is truly a hot mess in every means, deliberately feeding/leaving your team with a bot is not ok.
09/25/2018 02:57 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
What backlash? All there was were a few (minority) of players complaining on the forum about it. The forums are full of complaints about everything anyway...

Visit the youtube video about the update.

3.2 k upvotes.

7.6 k downvotes.

70% of the feedback in that video is negative. And we are talking about 7600 downvotes. Most of them were given when the map was already avalaible at the PTR.

So please, know your facts before you speak.
The changes to the map mechanics, jungle, and especially the narrator all simultaneously make me want to vomit and punch someone in the throat.

The mechanics are mindless. Amazing how they ignore both common sense and the community so intensely on this one. It's an insane, unfun, idiotically obvious snowball. Why not just rework the vehicle again?

The jungle, ruined. Removing the walls by the siege makes me rage. I miss the twists, turns, and chokes that made things interesting.

The direction for the original queen nightshade was so much better. It was downright inspired. She actually sounded commanding, complex, and like someone set to lure you into a trap full of teeth. The hostility was laced in her every word. You really felt like a pawn in this crazy woman's !@#$ed up game where she just plays god with everyone and watches them tear each other apart in her wicked monster garden. I loved to hear her voice transform at night as the map came to life! Her bloodthirsty excitement was infectious. It was so incredibly well done. My absolute favorite voice acting in the game, and it's gone. Replaced by some one dimensional, gag inducing, trashy %^-*ing, boot licking, stuck up hoe.

But wait! You can buy a nightshade announcer with half the original lines at the low low price of only 1600 doritos! And you still have to hear lady of thots chime in constantly any time you get stuck on the new garden of garbage. !@#$ing awful.
09/25/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Ephemiel
Get this through your head: Blizzard does NOT listen to, nor give a damn about, feedback.

Back when Browder was still the game director, the team did listen though not all complaints, but still they fixed/tweaked minor stuff/bugs in the game when needed and i believed HotS was doing well that time until 2.0 came out.

09/25/2018 09:36 PMPosted by SoulFilcher
The map is terrible and victory is decided when the first terror wave spawns.

Sounds like Alterac....hmmmm

09/25/2018 09:36 PMPosted by SoulFilcher
The first terror wave can easily destroy all forts, and with a good team pushing a lane they can destroy at least one keep too.

Oh yeah, definitely Alterac Valley.

Srsly tho? Why? I mean, yeah sure, GoT becomes boring once it passes the 24 min mark but jeez, they could have just tweaked the Terror. Maybe reduce the time of its Polymorph (Q)/Overgrowth (W) by reduced X number of secs.

Or if they did wanted to rework a map.... well, Blackheart's Bay.

Also why the hell did they remove the day/night cycle? That shiz was one of the few things I liked about the map!!

I thought the like to dislike ratio on Youtube alone would make them reconsider, I guess not. I don't know how changes like these keep going live to be honest. Did people on the PTR do a 180 in their opinion or what, because what I saw on the forums and Youtube was 90% of people hating it and a very minor 10% part of the fanbase liking it or having no strong opinion.

People whine and moan about a lot of things, most of them trivial and anecdotal, but the GoT map mechanic wasn't one of them. Ugh, this is actually depressing to me, and it shouldn't be.

True. In other words, Blizzard doesn't really give a damn about us. As long as there is a few HoTS reddit people thumb up GoT rework, it is good enough for Blizzard.
09/26/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Kilometer
As long as there is a few HoTS reddit people thumb up GoT rework, it is good enough for Blizzard.

Not even the people over at chillpill-network like that change too much.
09/25/2018 05:25 PMPosted by ZoGgY
09/25/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Curivity
Well I'm sure they're going off of every previous rework. Potentially many people will dislike the new content but overtime opinions change and they wait for this as a grace period. It happened with the overwatch heroes where the majority of opinions changed after they were released

Of course over time opinions change, because you get use to it. We have laws that we don’t like but we get use to it. We have unjust scams we don’t like but after time we get use to them and accept them. This argument does not work, you only get your true opinions first before you just give up and accept what ever life throws at you. Just like getting demoted... deal with it. See how dumb this approach is , after a month no one is goi g to bring it up because people will grit their teeth and know their outcry wont change anything and stop posting about but still hate it

Yes I understand and agree with you I'm just trying to explain from Blizzard's point of view the most likely reason they didn't change it even though more than half of the votes on the YT video were downvotes.
09/25/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Link
09/25/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Rationail
They already deleted accounts of players that were loyal to them for over a decade, and this comes as a

Because they deserved it? Just because you're loyal doesnt mean you get a free pass no matter what you do.

lol Okay they made Blizzard what they are and they deserved it. Sounds like Hitler killing off his friends that he used to get in power.
"I thought the like to dislike ratio on Youtube alone would make them reconsider"
I laughed. Of course they wont do a roll-back. Start spamming on reddit and maybe they will notice you.
The lack of changes from PTR to release is not a matter of not listening. They are always getting feedback and acting on it where appropriate. The point of the PTR isn't to transition that feedback into immediate changes. If it was, the PTR would be longer. The primary purpose of the PTR is to find bugs. While feedback during that week is also useful and gives them a good starting place before things go live, there's simply no time to make substantive changes at that point. Any changes that might be necessary will come later. If you assume that there will be changes whenever someone or some people don't like things on the PTR, you will be disappointed nearly every time. But that doesn't mean that they aren't listening to feedback.

09/25/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Latest
They remade GoT when no wanted that

I love the original GoT, but you have to have not spent much time on these forums to seriously make this statement.
09/25/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Ultimate
They have put time and money into this rework
Fair point. They should just give a reasonable explanation backed up with proof when they do those changes to the hard worked product they're providing to their customers (us, the players -> their source of income).

To continue, from the update video on Youtube,

"The team likes the theme and fantasy of Garden of Terror, but we understand some of its gameplay mechanics can provide some opportunities for frustration for a lot of players." - Steve, HotS Battlegrounds Team

Results of a search Garden of Terror in HotS "ACTUAL (non Reddit)" Forums:
Filter by Relevance: Few complaints here and there with about 6 comments on average. None Highly Rated.
Filter by Popularity: The threads that complain about the new GoT changes. All supported by the forum community with several Highly Rated.
Filter by Latest: Don't even need to mention.

What am I so blind about? What am I missing HotS dev/BG team?