The main problem with BW rework

General Discussion
Soothing Mist's activatiable has two things that render it nearly useless-

A) It has a travel time

B) Doesn't allow you to pre-emptively use it.

These combine to make it nearly impossible to actually remove CC from anybody within a meaningful amount of time. Unless you can predict it in advance AND time it perfectly, your 120 cooldown does nothing.

On the PTR, it was possible to pre-cleanse people for a second, and the first CC to hit them in that time would have the duration set to something negligible. This was useful and balanced, even with the travel time. I'm not sure if that interaction was removed or doesn't function due to a bug, but adding it back seems like the easiest fix to this problem.
09/27/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Consort
These combine to make it nearly impossible to actually remove CC from anybody within a meaningful amount of time. Unless you can predict it in advance AND time it perfectly, your 120 cooldown does nothing.

Thats what seperates normal brightwing players and god tier brightwing players...or any supports in general where a good support is proactive rather then reactive.
09/27/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Degaris
09/27/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Consort

Thats what seperates normal brightwing players and god tier brightwing players...or any supports in general where a good support is proactive rather then reactive.

I respect you should need skill, but your window of opportunity is generally around 0.5 seconds, and staggered from the actual stun thanks to the travel time. Something that tough for a minor reward isn't great.
I feel like her healing is meh unless you get blink heal and q range talent to trigger trait. Z is decent for burst heal tho now.

Emerald wind kinda blows imo, compared to blink heal. She needs more healing output even with blink heal, so if you take emerald wind ur losing out on heals and she'll have less escape and chase. Sure emerald will have its uses, but I fell blink is the better ultimate for its utility, multiple uses and short cd.

Her trait CD is too long and gimmicky with the magic spit talent or w.e that reduces CD by 5 seconds and adds as range and also the talent that let's the trait heal extra when you cleanse. Those are shoot yourself in the foot talents imo atm. Not going to get enough good uses to make worthwhile getting these talents imo.

Her mana use is so high now. Return mana on q hits?

Would be cool if blink heal made bw able to pass through and not block allies you jump to... sometines a good blink dooms ur team because it ends up body blocking them or she gets bodyblocked.
09/27/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Consort
09/27/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Degaris

I respect you should need skill, but your window of opportunity is generally around 0.5 seconds, and staggered from the actual stun thanks to the travel time. Something that tough for a minor reward isn't great.

Which is why things like cleanse and CC removers are not that relevant at lower ranks, a stun doesn't kill, higher up and in coordinated games, someone that stuns you will be followed up by 4 other players that will kill you, removing that stun/root/silence is the difference between using a movement skill or defensive to get out or being dead.