Watchtowers = Quit

General Discussion
(Obligatory "I've played this game since Alpha/Beta, but")

I will never play this game again if they don't CHANGE this quest by next Tuesday.

Never in my middle-aged life have I been this offended by thoughtless quest design. It hurt me in my gamer heart so much that for the first time ever I've laid down an ultimatum (that no one but me will care about).

If they don't fix the quest, I'm out forever on this game. And no you can't have my stuff.
I do not understand. I completed the entire event in ~24 hours... Versus AI only.
09/27/2018 01:06 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
I do not understand. I completed the entire event in ~24 hours... Versus AI only.

I just feel like the other quests are more "natural" to complete. The watchtower quest requires cheesing the system to get it.

In the number of matches required to complete this quest (which I have yet to even get 1 watchtower) I've knocked down dozens of forts and keeps, captured dozens of camps. It's ridiculous.
Lol. You are way too mad at the watchtower quest. I got it done easy peasy in one game.

If you quit forever because of something like this I have to say I wouldn't be sad to watch you go.
09/27/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Shadow
09/27/2018 01:06 PMPosted by DrSuperGood

Because you are a loser who plays this game 24/7 and vs AI.

and they give us 22ish days to do the quests? If you play even half those days for just an hour or two each time. You'll easily finish them all.
I've seen that map like 4 or 5 times today - but after i decided to do all the other quests first. I'm sure when i return to it that I won't see the map.
09/27/2018 01:22 PMPosted by FrodoFragins
I've seen that map like 4 or 5 times today - but after i decided to do all the other quests first. I'm sure when i return to it that I won't see the map.

Okay, so it's possible I'm just not seeing the map then, le sigh.
I do admit that putting in a watch tower related quest is annoying due to poor planning. They put a quest such as that in an environment that has a limited map pool in all modes (including QM and AI) which locks out 3 of the 4 maps with watch towers.

It would be better if they put back in full maps, or shuffled in a few more watch tower maps. They could also have hanamura observation camps count too.
09/27/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Grimmig
I do admit that putting in a watch tower related quest is annoying due to poor planning. They put a quest such as that in an environment that has a limited map pool in all modes (including QM and AI) which locks out 3 of the 4 maps with watch towers.

It would be better if they put back in full maps, or shuffled in a few more watch tower maps. They could also have hanamura observation camps count too.

Okay, I did NOT know there was a limited pool of maps. I thought they changed it to be unrestricted? ...When did they do that? I wish the hanamura one worked for the quest too.
I said this early today in game chat, but this was a seriously ill thought out quest. Since Dragon Knight was in rotation they really should have made the quest something more akin to "capture shrines 4-8 times".

Got bloody lucky in QM and managed to get Cursed Hollow. Played as Naz and well it was a pretty one sided stomp. Feel bad for the other team but so damn glad to have this done with.
You have three weeks.

Why not just activate the quest and play like you normally would. You will eventually get cursed hollow a couple of times and the quest will complete itself.

You can grind out every other quest in a day or two - this leaves you 2.5 weeks for this one quest.

Why are people so angry about this? Yes, it was a slight oversight... but damn sam. Chill.
Just start a beginner ai game. If cursed hollow doesn't appear, then alt + f4 out of the game at the loading screen. Relaunch the game and try again.

It's a bot game so who cares if you quit
After 60+ games, i finally managed to create a party with two level 15- players in AI beginner and finally got Cursed Hollow.. then i went alone for both watchtowers.. great! Then i finish the game and my quest is 1/4.. this event had everything to be awesome, but then this watchtower fiasco thing is all it'll be remembered for...

Does anyone knows if blizzard pronounced about this map rotation problem already?

How often map rotation changes in AI? Why is there even a map rotation in AI?