DBL Support is Back BB

General Discussion
Being seeing an uprising of more double support comps lately in HGC and HL and they're winning.

More support nerfs incoming :)
09/29/2018 11:36 PMPosted by LCD
More support nerfs incoming :)

Pls no. Every time I start to think playing support isn't that bad it happens.
Even in the height of double support, it still wasn't the best way to play (statistically). While it is becoming more popular, I would argue it isn't even as good these days as it used to be. I'm glad it can be viable from time-to-time, but not worried about it taking over as the standard.

Honestly, the only time double support looks super dominant is with Xul as main tank -- and that is super easy to handle in draft assuming you don't get surprised.
Is this yet another "Ive watched few HGC games over the weekend and it must be meta" thread?
4.5% since the last major patch (2258 games)

Before that, starting from 2018 until above patch (dunno what you mean by "lately") its 10.1% (3969 games).
Not to mention winrates that barely scratch 50%.

I guess not.

EDIT - In 2017, when double supports were actually popular, it was 37.4%.

EDIT 2 - Fun fact. In current patch (Mephisto/Tyrande rework) 27% of 2+ supports games were with Valla. Go figure.
I blame Tassadar.
09/30/2018 06:29 AMPosted by HOMEGALULTS
I blame Tassadar.

and chen. don't forget the panda
09/30/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Ephraim
09/30/2018 06:29 AMPosted by HOMEGALULTS
I blame Tassadar.

cant blame the PHAT ppl ... :)

Pandas ROCK! (almost as much as ETC does :)
Double support has been viable for a long time, but its popularity has varied depending on how easy it is to pull off. When healing output was higher, there were fewer anti-healing mechanics in game, and the hyper-carries had a relatively low skill floor, it was much more popular than in the last few months. I still see it from time to time, especially with healers that have setup or follow-through potential, like pairing Stukov with Tyrande.
Is this yet another "Ive watched few HGC games over the weekend and it must be meta" thread?
4.5% since the last major patch (2258 games)

Before that, starting from 2018 until above patch (dunno what you mean by "lately") its 10.1% (3969 games).
Not to mention winrates that barely scratch 50%.

I guess not.

EDIT - In 2017, when double supports were actually popular, it was 37.4%.

EDIT 2 - Fun fact. In current patch (Mephisto/Tyrande rework) 27% of 2+ supports games were with Valla. Go figure.

The OP is trying to farm likes, let him be (?
09/30/2018 05:11 AMPosted by MortalWombat
Ummm no. I've been seeing it a lot in my own HL games, but nice assumption though.
Very strong supports lately, in the form of whitemane, brightwing, alex, deckard and Tyrande that can do many things besides waveclear which can be solved by a lot of meta heroes at the moment (xul is interestingly spiking up to)
09/30/2018 01:07 PMPosted by LCD
09/30/2018 05:11 AMPosted by MortalWombat
Ummm no. I've been seeing it a lot in my own HL games, but nice assumption though.

Well i checked your profile just for curiosity and you never faced that combination, in fact, your team and you were the ones picking the double suport, and only twice, thats not a lot, specially if you are the one forcing it (?
09/30/2018 09:09 AMPosted by IamNotAnumbr
09/30/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Ephraim

cant blame the PHAT ppl ... :)

Pandas ROCK! (almost as much as ETC does :)

Actually that panda rolls.
Might be me but i feel we see a lot of double support simply because all game turn around who have the most CC and can burst soomeone first.