Anyone have HOTS 2.0 nostalgia?

General Discussion
I remember when I got back into the game a few months before 2.0. Those few months before and after 2.0 were probably the best time I've ever had in the game. Everyone tried to win, even in QM, you could see them trying and people ask questions, and barely anyone actually rage quitted.

HOTS Classic server when?
For me, hots 2.0 is the worst update in the history of this game.
Genji, Hanamura and a ton of unnecessary visual crap have been added.
I've played since alpha and can confidently say that 2.0 marked a major downfall in the overall quality of the game.
The best thing about HotS 2.0 was the influx of players.

Queue times were so short during those days, it was great.

Can't bring that back though
The worst thing is Gem-only skins and the continued addition of cosmetics you can't buy directly. Heroes and maps can be tuned; the money-grubbing cannot.
I started playing when 2.0 was released and the D.Va / Genji event was live.

During that time, I can remember I quite enjoyed mirror matches where I loved to complete in stats vs the enemy hero.
For example Nova vs Nova, Aba vs Aba, etc.
I'll just quote myself from another thread...

10/01/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Lightning
10/01/2018 02:03 AMPosted by YourFather
There's really nothing that can stop the rot anymore. Heroes 2.0 was supposed to, and it did for awhile.

2.0 was the reason the game is in its current state today. They had a chance to fix the fundamental problems with the game when they released 2.0. But instead they chose to implement a loot box system. Do you remember all the "Heroes 2.0 but not Matchmaking 2.0?" threads? 2.0 was a loud and clear statement of where the devs' priorities lie, and now they get to reap the reward of their idiocy.

2.0 was the biggest mistake the devs ever made with this game, and they deserve every single player they lose as a result of choosing greed over making a quality game.
10/01/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Ninestyle
I remember when I got back into the game a few months before 2.0. Those few months before and after 2.0 were probably the best time I've ever had in the game. Everyone tried to win, even in QM, you could see them trying and people ask questions, and barely anyone actually rage quitted.

HOTS Classic server when?

People rage quit well before hots 2.0. Hell even before this game people ragequit.
Pre-2.0

No loot boxes.
The only free skin was a master skin. It cost 10,000g.
Everything else cost $.
Level cap was 40 and 20 for a hero, so you never wanted to play capped heroes because it felt like missing out on gold.

So uh, no. I don't miss it one bit.
10/01/2018 12:30 AMPosted by SeymourButts
I've played since alpha and can confidently say that 2.0 marked a major downfall in the overall quality of the game.

I'd say the major turn around was when the idea was making changes to the game in order to affect esports meta and viewership. As soon as that started happening, I knew a game made for the average player was over.

I doubt you'll ever see an Abathur, TLV, or Cho-gall style hero ever again. Remember when LoL players stood up at HotS beta Q&A at Blizzcon and said, "Why don't you make this game more like LoL?" and the devs said, "no this isn't that type of game"?

That's over.
10/01/2018 01:14 AMPosted by FeralChaos
The worst thing is Gem-only skins and the continued addition of cosmetics you can't buy directly. Heroes and maps can be tuned; the money-grubbing cannot.

yes i have to agree. one of the main features of 2.0 was suppose to be that you could get everything, aside from exclusive/limited content like the alpha billy or the gem purchase mounts, through loot boxes. that was the entire point.

10/01/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Vekkul
Pre-2.0

No loot boxes.
The only free skin was a master skin. It cost 10,000g.
Everything else cost $.
Level cap was 40 and 20 for a hero, so you never wanted to play capped heroes because it felt like missing out on gold.

So uh, no. I don't miss it one bit.

..and i had no problem with this from the cosmetic perspective. i completely understand that cosmetics are extra and there for them to make money to sustain themselves. its like that for pretty much any f2p. there is content you have to pay for but it isnt really required.

the problem i have is that what they have done here is taken away the original thought of giving ppl the opportunity to win any of the cosmetics by putting them behind pay walls. i think it really needs to be one way or the other. either charge ppl for the cosmetics like in 1.0 or dont like it started out in 2.0, but dont be all indecisive and go half-a$$ed about it.
Beta - pre 2.0 was my favorite part.
Yeah ,we got release liming and KT and even release artanis was pretty strong too but besides that they got fixed at one point.
you don't have to fight alone!!!!

I would have preferred to though........ thanks failed deathwing that turned out to be a Korean teenager.