So is Azmodan going to get nerfs or nah?

General Discussion
He's at 55% winrate with 69% popularity and banned in 17K games. You need further proof that this hero is overpowered? He needs nerfs! Badly!

Are we going to keep him in the spot where he does best damage, best siege and best xp contribution?

Sure is fun getting half of my HP chunked because Azmodan threw a Q.

In my opinion they made his quest way too easy to complete. I don't want him to be trash either, but he is far too easy for how effective he is now.

Make it harder to stack his quest because right now its just way too easy and he dominates the game.
Yea this hero needs to be nerfed.

If blizzard can nerf nova and butcher till they are near unplayable just because they stomp casual games and quickmatch, azmodan should definitely be at the top of the nerf list
I think the thing that needs to be nerfed the most is the %talent he has at 16.
It's already hard enough to move out of the way of the Q as a tank when he doesn't throw it at max range. He is able to get really easy damage on tanks so he DOES not need even more burst damage on targets that have an even harder time dodging it.
I agree azmo needs some nerfs, somewhere; however, if the devs are dead set on not nerfing him, let's buff his one biggest counter, Malthael. Just a little bit?
Yes pls, absurd amounts of aoe damage and high amounts of hp and pusher with global presence, always azmodan in the games end with top damage, blizz must be nerf the meteorite (Q).
55% win rate doesn't need to be nerfed. It just means you can't adapt to his changes to kill him
09/30/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Shadow
55% win rate doesn't need to be nerfed. It just means you can't adapt to his changes to kill him

55% doesn't need nerfs at 69% popularity but when Tyrande was at 55% winrate a few weeks ago she NEEDED nerfs she was so OP right?

:thinking:

55% would be balanced IF and only IF he wasn't as popular, heroes like Probius, Samuro edged at 55% winrate for a long time because their pick rate was so very small, in that case, I'd agree.

But that is not the case for Azmodan.
09/30/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Shadow

There is very little "adaptation" you can do when his Q, a normal ability, is the size of Jaina's Ultimate. Especially on maps with narrow lanes leading to objectives.

I can "adapt" to not spreading living bomb, to not standing in chromie's AoE or Jaina's blizzard. But the sheer size of Azmodan's Q is another thing. It needs revision. Tweaks. I also, don't want heroes to be neutered. But Azmodan's Q has seen plenty of glory days.
Just increase CD of ToS from 20 to 30 sec; it will hit him perfectly while keeping him viable.

- Edit:
What's with the downvotes?
It's literally the best possible nerf for him.
He's at 55% winrate

while this is only slightly above average, his winrate is about 53.4% over the last month in Masters. that's pretty balanced since 48-52% is considered ideal.

with 69% popularity

being popular isn't problematic. also, 37.1% popularity over the past month in Masters isn't anything crazy.

and banned in 17K games.

this isn't really evidence of being overpowered. lots of heroes can be banned despite not being OP ( Pre rework chromie is a great example, her winrate was constantly at or near 50% despite her popularity, even in masters).

You need further proof that this hero is overpowered? He needs nerfs! Badly!

you haven't provided something objective that shows he is overpowered.

Are we going to keep him in the spot where he does best damage, best siege and best xp contribution?

how is this bad or anything?

He needs Tide of Sin to do this (often coupled with pride at 20)and you need to be playing one of the squishier heroes in the game. if you are constantly playing ultra squishy heroes with bad movement options, that's on you.

In my opinion they made his quest way too easy to complete. I don't want him to be trash either, but he is far too easy for how effective he is now.
and yet he isn't stomping Masters, GMs or pro games. meaning this isn't a hero issue but a L2P issue.

Make it harder to stack his quest because right now its just way too easy and he dominates the game.

If they make it harder to stack quests, they need to increase the damage per stack which would still lead to people like you complaining. the second you face off against a good Azmo, you'll moan and complain when you stand still and get 50% of your hp chunked off because you decided to play probius and stand still or some nonsense.
Given that Azmodan is the only character in the game that has neither any ability to PVP nor any escapes.... If you're having trouble taking an Azmodan down... I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.
09/30/2018 02:09 PMPosted by HawlSera
Given that Azmodan is the only character in the game that has neither any ability to PVP nor any escapes.... If you're having trouble taking an Azmodan down... I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.

What?
The viking don't have any pvp ability or escapes, that doesn't mean you can leave a champion in a certain state
nah blizz need to sell more skins first
09/30/2018 02:09 PMPosted by HawlSera

Oh yeah so when he's behind 2 tanks, has a healer, lasers you if you ever get close, and to boot has a decent health pool keep telling me how easy it is to kill him.
09/30/2018 02:29 PMPosted by MCHammer
What?
The viking don't have any pvp ability or escapes, that doesn't mean you can leave a champion in a certain state

Movement speed and Invulnerability?
09/30/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Ahri
He's at 55% winrate with 69% popularity and banned in 17K games. You need further proof that this hero is overpowered? He needs nerfs! Badly!

He hasnt made the sales quota yet. No nerfs.

If they nerf azmo's damage he'll be basically useless and the new changes to him would have been a tremendous waste of time.
Yea, I'd say he's a bit overtuned and just a little number changes will balance him out. I think I've played and against Azmo that his OPness is really comes from players against him. It requires at least 2-3 people making an effort avoiding his Q to slowly make his Q quest a choir to hit 400. Requires accurate, good and opportunistic Azmo to hit that hard late game. Based on my experience, only very few who makes an effort to avoid his Q early game. If no one does, with some of my games. I can hit 400 way before I hit 16. That's when they'll realize they need to avoid his Q when everything is already too late. When they should've been avoiding his Q on first minute of the game.
09/30/2018 04:05 PMPosted by BattleAngel
Yea, I'd say he's a bit overtuned and just a little number changes will balance him out. I think I've played and against Azmo that his OPness is really comes from players against him. It requires at least 2-3 people making an effort avoiding his Q to slowly make his Q quest a choir to hit 400. Requires accurate, good and opportunistic Azmo to hit that hard late game. Based on my experience, only very few who makes an effort to avoid his Q early game. If no one does, with some of my games. I hit 400 way before i hit 16. That's when they realize they need to avoid his Q when everything is already too late.

Agreed, I'd say maybe 4 in about 16 games I'd be fully stacked if I'm lucky in predicting where the enemy team is going. But just because I'm fully stacked doesn't mean that I'm going to single handedly win my team the game.
What I really don't get is that after the massive rework for Azmo on July 10th, his winrate was already noticeably spiking up as people learned how to play him - but despite that, he got another buff on July 25th.

Usually Blizzard (understandably) gets a ton of flak for their balancing, however I can't recall if they have ever done something like this, where they further buffed a hero that was already steadily doing better and better everyday.

I know he did get 1 small nerf afterwards, but its just really strange that they've continually toned down Raynor (the right move) since then, but left Azmo untouched for a long time now.
09/30/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Arms32312

If they nerf azmo's damage he'll be basically useless and the new changes to him would have been a tremendous waste of time.
These people don't care about that; they just want him to be useless again.

Honestly, the only thing I'd change is Total Annihilation. Burning off 4% of maximum health is a pretty big deal, and it chokes out the other two talent options on that tier.