CAN WE JUST GET A READY CHECK IN HL/TL?

General Discussion
The damn queues are 1000 seconds, and if you miss the draft you lose 3 games? that's my entire progress for the whole day. 10 games played, clawed my way to the top of my bracket, one game away from promotion. Miss one draft because i can't be glued to my screen for the entire bloody day and that's it, all gone.

Stuff this game. STUFF IT. I HATE IT. AAAAGH. JUST GIVE US A READY BUTTON HOW HARD IS THAT? ITS LIKE 10 MINUTES DEV WORK. A SINGLE DEVELOPER CAN DO THAT IN ONE BLOODY SPRINT. STOP CHURNING OUT SKINS AND IMPROVE THE DAMN GAME.

that is all.
You're asking for a change that is much needed and entirely sensible. So no, they will probably do another "needed" Diablo rework before you see this implemented.
That's actually a very solid point you're making here mate.
Blizzard seem done, really, activison#2
You let others wait for 1000 seconds and cancel their match.

How nice of you. Let's reward you by not penalizing your very nice behaviour.

Queuetimes need to be fixed and you know where it's at.
Remove the nonsensical soloqueue. This isnt 2009.
You have my support on this. tired of people being AFK for the ban phase and when they come back to the game "Oh sorry guys thought i would not be banning. I can't be bothered to stay at my computer for two minutes to make sure of that."

Also if you ask me if you are banning and you skip something you should also have the same punishment as someone that just leaves the game. No need to harm 9 other players because someone decided to pull this off.
10/01/2018 05:38 AMPosted by Roflknife
You let others wait for 1000 seconds and cancel their match.

How nice of you. Let's reward you by not penalizing your very nice behaviour.

Queuetimes need to be fixed and you know where it's at.
Remove the nonsensical soloqueue. This isnt 2009.

Ready check initiates, player doesn't respond to the ready check, 9 players are returned to the queue and are saved potentially 15 minutes of future queue time.

More like not having a ready check is punishing 9 players because 1 player is afk.
10/01/2018 03:18 AMPosted by GGGLHF

In other words it will never be implemented
Doesn't the game already have a ready button? Don't you push "ready" when you look for a match?

Yes you are supposed to stay near your computer at least... You can alt tab and do other things but i believe the game pops up whenever a game has been found.

Nothing can be done about you leaving your computer... All you had to do was stay near it and you would have seen the game pop up.
People have been asking for a ready check since like season 1.

Sometimes when I am playing late at night I lose matches because I fall alseep waiting for the queue. I have lost over 2 ranks easily. I no longer care about "git gud" if I need to glue my eyes to the screen when you go through 20+ minutes of waiting.

You know the matches...you finally get in...the banner is afk and also last pick. (sometimes I bet that is me) The game resets after banner is finally deemed afk 4 minutes later. Back into the queue with ya!

I don't play much late at night anymore as it does nothing but ensure I stay low since I don't have the will to stare at a screen for 10+ minutes at a time.

ARAM....20 second queue pop...and people STILL afk and autopick. "Sorry bro...I was on facebook"...that was yesterday. I still laugh thinking about it. The younger generation can't wait 20 seconds before they have to find something to do.
10/01/2018 03:18 AMPosted by GGGLHF

its been made many times. i have even made posts about putting in ready check.
i havent described it quite like this before. but this is a little more detailed of what i would like to see it do.

press ready -> ::searching for match:: -> ::match found:: -> press accept/cancel
if accept -> join match
if cancel -> leave queue
if timeout -> leave queue

on this it is simple you press ready and it searches for the match. when it finds the match you get a new button. you can press 'accept' or 'cancel'. the third option which is not a button is a timer which if it runs out automatically cancels.

match canceled ->
if accept -> return to queue
if cancel -> disable queue for 10s
if timeout -> flag account, disable queue for 10s (more..)

now here is what i think would make some good changes beyond the normal 'ready check'. first is, if your ready check fails, but you are one of the ppl that accepted then you would automatically be put back in queue. optionally if the devs really wanted to step up on this they could keep everyone and just search the persons that canceled/timed out. however, i think the way the game averages MMR that would lead to some weird issues and long wait times rather than just putting ppl back into queue.

next, if you cancel purposely you cant queue for a few seconds. now i say 10 seconds up there. realistically though this could be bumped up to as high as 30s and still be acceptable. maybe higher even. if you canceled, it was probably for a reason, but the way i see it we wouldnt want you requeuing right away if you cancel.

if you timeout you get hit with punishment flags to your account. which i think is fair because you are given an option to cancel. if you arent there its considered AFK. so you should get escalating amounts of not being able to requeue.

for the time out i would use n1+(n1+10) which is simple. it will double the seconds over and over making timeouts costly. in otherwords, if you are going to queue you should really be there to not waste other ppls time.

i would make the maximum number of flags 5. which would cap around 5 minutes if the base is 10 seconds.
10/01/2018 07:02 AMPosted by TimeSpike
Doesn't the game already have a ready button? Don't you push "ready" when you look for a match?

You might, but someone else might not. Thats why he wants a ready-check. Its to prevent you from facing that afker in your team.

With that, the ready check can also be a safeguard when you cancel the search. If at the same time as you canceled you would have been matched, the ready check might detect you as being away.

This system is also able to prevent the MMR penalty from having to kick in (although that penalty is poor design on its own, but for this argument that doesnt realy matter). If you appear afk for whatever reason, its just you getting kicked out. As the other 9 are still far in the queue, and by that they still get their game faster. And as they dont face a destroyed game, the requirement for a punishment is lower.
No one would probably even know who it was (they at most did get the ready check and were dumped into the queue for another 2 minutes before it found a match and asked again). Let alone care, its not like clicking ready 3 times in 6 minutes should be a problem when you should be ready any moment anyway.

Sure, i would still consider it for the leaver status, but the MMR drop is no longer a requirement since you didnt play at all, and didnt drag down any teammate. You only marked yourself as being an 'unreliable' person for matchmaking.