Pls brawl no destroy heal wells thanks

General Discussion
Hey,
I typed a long post about how I think destroying healing wells in single lane brawls is a wussy tactic but the post keeps getting deleted in under a minute after posting.

Is this a secret tactic the whole forum shouldn't know about or why is it getting deleted?

But in short, pls don't do this. It ruins an otherwise good match. I'd love to go into detail but it seems the post will just get deleted.

edit: I guess I should go to the forum git and get to know all the forum errors and problems before whining about deletion, amirite?
Single lane brawls are arguably the best weekly brawls this game has to offer, and you can find a match on them no matter the time of day.

Healing wells in single lane maps are annoyingly easy to destroy with the right character. Enemy team got a Genji, but you didn't get the hypermobility characters? You're doomed.

It's a wuss tactic, so much so that when someone says "go destroy their well" at the start of the match, people usually start arguing that we should just play the match normally. It sucks the fun out of an otherwise good brawl when one team has the advantage of destroying your well without having any problems with it.

This problem is especially bad with Genji, as he can easily lane and join the fight, then 10 seconds later he's at your second well taking it down. It leads to an easy win most of the time, but at the same time I feel it destroys the fun out of the match for both of the teams when one team has a huge disadvantage and the other has a super easy time.

Sure you can do this with other characters than Genji, but they usually haven't got the means to escape without either having to wait for a long time (e.g. Falstad) or just have low-ish damage that it takes a while to destroy the well, giving the other team enough time to react every time (e.g. Muradin).

I'm sure stuff like this wouldn't be high up on the list of things to fix or change, but maybe something small like making the second healing well invulnerable while the first fort is still standing? This would still enable the first well to be destroyed, giving an advantage due to the defending team having to run back to their keep to heal. Or adding one of those old-timey turrets next to the second one? The latter might be problematic, as it adds another layer of defense to a map that's supposed to be quick(er) to play.

It's a working tactic, sure, but I feel it's a too powerful one for a map where healing is very limited to begin with. I don't want the matches to drag on for half an hour (even though these are usually the best matches in single lane brawl as the fight goes from one side to another constantly), but having a fighting chance would be nice when your team gets screwed with a bad choice of roster.
I find it fun to destroy the enemy wells. For example, when I'm Junkrat I go boom to their back, and when they finally chase me down after I kill their well, I press the voice line button for something like, "Have a nice day!"

And usually they respond with their own voice line after they kill me. But it's all good cuz I got their well. Lol.

Can't have this kind of fun in the standard modes where everybody is constipated to the nth degree.
Word of advice when it comes to posting, keep the following in mind:

1. Spending too much time in the chat window writing a post can cause it to be lost due to the site timing out. May want to type in a word program or copy the chat window and paste it into the chat window after refreshing the page.

2. There is a well known bug in the forums that causes posts that are edited to be incorrectly flagged as spam. If it was the original the post, the whole thread goes down. Should you try to type a similarly worded post within a set time of it triggering, it will be taken down since it is currently considered spam. Got to wait some time before trying again (or get blizzard to fix it if you have the url).
Blizzard does acknowledge well sniping is problematic in some brawls, because they made the fountains invulnerable on many of them (including garden brawl and temple brawl). For some reason they haven't extended that Invulnerability to ARAM (Lost Cavern) brawls.
09/30/2018 06:12 PMPosted by MetalDtector
Blizzard does acknowledge well sniping is problematic in some brawls, because they made the fountains invulnerable on many of them (including garden brawl and temple brawl). For some reason they haven't extended that Invulnerability to ARAM (Lost Cavern) brawls.
Because the objective is to protect your structures. DUH.
I do agree with the mentality to leave the fountain alone. It's like, do you have that little of faith in your team that you have to cheese your way to a win? Though it has happened to me before and it felt great to beat the team that tried to cheese a win.
But I think that the devs should just move the fountain so that people can't try and destroy it while no one is paying attention. It's already in an easy position to reach, it's practically asking to get backdoored.
09/30/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Copypastable
09/30/2018 06:12 PMPosted by MetalDtector
Because the objective is to protect your structures. DUH.

To fix that, Blizz could give the wells the invulnerability effect like in other brawls, and add an event that destroys them when the fort/keep it's attached to is destroyed, just like in Towers of Doom, where every building collapses together with the forts. This way if you destroy the fort you are pushing forward without giving an extra well for the defending team when/if they push the enemies back.
09/30/2018 09:08 PMPosted by GhostDragon
09/30/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Copypastable
...Because the objective is to protect your structures. DUH.

To fix that, Blizz could give the wells the invulnerability effect like in other brawls, and add an event that destroys them when the fort/keep it's attached to is destroyed, just like in Towers of Doom, where every building collapses together with the forts. This way if you destroy the fort you are pushing forward without giving an extra well for the defending team when/if they push the enemies back.
I thought the consensus was Blizzard was holding our hands too much through the gameplay process. We need to start taking accountability before they give you another rework you don't like.
Play abathur then and MULE it, cuck.
I honestly didn't realize that destroying enemy structures is considered unfair play to some.

This is one of the weirdest threads I've seen... but now that I think about it, from now on I'm going to focus on destroying those wells early on, thanks for the idea OP.
09/30/2018 10:01 PMPosted by doctordeath
I honestly didn't realize that destroying enemy structures is considered unfair play to some.

This is one of the weirdest threads I've seen... but now that I think about it, from now on I'm going to focus on destroying those wells early on, thanks for the idea OP.
That's what I'm talking about. Fun!
09/30/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Grimmig
Word of advice when it comes to posting, keep the following in mind:

1. Spending too much time in the chat window writing a post can cause it to be lost due to the site timing out. May want to type in a word program or copy the chat window and paste it into the chat window after refreshing the page.

2. There is a well known bug in the forums that causes posts that are edited to be incorrectly flagged as spam. If it was the original the post, the whole thread goes down. Should you try to type a similarly worded post within a set time of it triggering, it will be taken down since it is currently considered spam. Got to wait some time before trying again (or get blizzard to fix it if you have the url).

Thanks, didn't know. Had some problems before when typing a long post and it just insta 404'd so that explains it.

09/30/2018 09:53 PMPosted by Reported
Play abathur then and MULE it, cuck.

Troll to the max.

09/30/2018 10:01 PMPosted by doctordeath

It's not about being unfair, but it being a cheese tactic when your team can't really do the same. It's lame and kind of sucks the fun out of the single lane brawl completely when it keeps happening every other match or so.
its a d%%kish move, but it does win games.
i hate those who do it, but its a valid and effective tactic.
09/30/2018 05:01 PMPosted by MrRightclick
Single lane brawls are arguably the best weekly brawls this game has to offer

+1. Last few months I play only those. I would love one permanent game mode - this single lane brawl...
had a enemy Falstad who did this in ARAM. It ended with my team flaming him and left the ARAM, guess we need to make some basis rules what is allowed in ARAM now.
09/30/2018 04:57 PMPosted by MrRightclick
Hey,
I typed a long post about how I think destroying healing wells in single lane brawls is a wussy tactic but the post keeps getting deleted in under a minute after posting.

Is this a secret tactic the whole forum shouldn't know about or why is it getting deleted?

But in short, pls don't do this. It ruins an otherwise good match. I'd love to go into detail but it seems the post will just get deleted.

edit: I guess I should go to the forum git and get to know all the forum errors and problems before whining about deletion, amirite?

Destroying an enemy healing well is a legitimate and well-executed strategy. The one-lane brawls don't heal when you step into the Hall of Storms, so you depend on healing wells to stay in the match. By destroying those wells your enemy forces you to retreat and exit a team fight that you might otherwise have won. It gives them an advantage over your team. Asking people not to destroy healing wells just because it's a "wussy tactic" is like asking people not to kill you just because you don't want to wait for respawn.
Meh...this goes with how people complained about Chromie.

No more Chromie in ARAM. Chromie has been toned down (late game and she could one shot folks) now hammer is the cancer of the map.

Regarding well sniping. Easy kills of enemy players if you keep your eye out for them trying to snipe the well.
10/01/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Astrallight
had a enemy Falstad who did this in ARAM. It ended with my team flaming him and left the ARAM, guess we need to make some basis rules what is allowed in ARAM now.
Too bad the enemy Falstad didn't see the flames your team threw at him. He probably wouldn't give two hoots either way cuz he was likely drowning in laughter. Lol.
It is a legitimate strat but I do agree it is annoying and don’t do it myself even if I get a hero that could cheese it. I think ARAM is random enough with hero selection and they could make the map more consistent by preventing this and making fountains invulnerable.

However, they should still connect them to the fort like in towers of doom so that they would automatically get destroyed when the fort falls.