Best strategy for getting even skins?

General Discussion
Sorry, meant to say EVENT skins.

Do you spend your gems on stimpacks so you level heroes quicker and get more chests? And or build shards to buy the skins you want?

Buy Chests outright?

Just use the gems to buy bundles?

Or something else.

How are you planning on getting the event skins? And why do you think your strategy makes the most sense?
09/26/2018 01:08 PMPosted by LordDarling
Do you spend your gems on stimpacks so you level heroes quicker and get more chests? And or build shards to buy the skins you want?

This.

09/26/2018 01:08 PMPosted by LordDarling
Just use the gems to buy bundles?

Or this. Although I would only do this if you want more then 1 color of the skin. If your only after one, use the stimpack method and save those shards.

Buying chests is a rip off since you can't garuntee you'll get anything good, or even enough shards to buy what your after.

Buying a stimpack and playing the game alot will end up getting you more chests in the long run then buying some.
Well if you have an odd number but 1. If you’re already even but you want more, buy two. If you get one out of a lootbox reroll it or buy one real fast
I never spend shards on skins that will be in the game forever, because someday I'll drop them from a chest.

When I hear a new skin event is coming, I usually try to put lots of heroes close to level up, so when the event is online, I just play 1 game and get a chest basically.

I don't buy event only skins with shards right away, I always wait for the last day, because you can get them on chests during the event and it's better to save shards to buy those you really really want on the last day.

I always have a stimpack on btw.
I was going to say what Darak said so he gets a +1
I have spent gems on a stimpack once and I still think it's the most profitable investment.
However, as time goes by, I cannot pay as much anymore and as a result, stimpacks are no longer my first choice. I bought the Fenix skin pack for my last gems.
Now, I just hoard them and wait until I am ready to make my next decision.
I'm surprised no one said that yet, but you can level some heroes close to level up, and play them once the event starts.
09/26/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Missclick
I'm surprised no one said that yet, but you can level some heroes close to level up, and play them once the event starts.

actually someone already has said it.
09/26/2018 02:35 PMPosted by breadisfunny
actually someone already has said it.
Oops sorry, didn't notice. Yea most upvoted comment, lol.
You need to prime your account 2 weeks before the event starts.

In order to prime your account you level heroes you rarely play to just before they level. Get as many heroes as you can to this point.

Once the event starts you should be able to run 1 AI game on each dumping 4 to 5 chests event chests per hour into your loot roles. Done right with proper planning you can get 50 event chests the first week. At that point you can decide further course of action either buying bundles or stim packs.
I would have to do the math again to be certain, but if you need more then 3600 shards for every items you either need 11 games a day with a stim pack or buy the bundle.

Edit.

Only buy bundles at the last day of an event.