I think new garden of terror is pretty fun and the rework was fine.

General Discussion
Besides the plants being a bit overpowered I think the map is fine and is much more of a team fight map then it was before. Its pretty much alterac pass or tomb of the spider queen but with plants. Don't see the big deal not to mention the map was never gonna see pro LV of play and the objective was pretty annoying anyway because curtain heroes were OP on the map.

I think people saying the map is bad are just crying and complaining because it's different. I also thought the map was gonna suck at first but after actually playing it I realized it makes sense on why they reworked it and made it the way it is now. Sure having unique maps is cool and all but making every single map unique as much as possible is actually the problem when you actually think about it. Just look at maps like old hannmura and black hearts bay or hell, even haunted mines (which needs to be removed in my opinion) I like old garden of terror but I like the new garden of terror a lot better.
Another map worth mentioning is braxis holdout which this map needs to be a 3 lane battle ground and the army of zerg from the objective needs some huge balance changes and the reason why I think the map needs these changes is because for one the map is too small for how powerful the objective is and makes the map terrible if your team lacks wave clear and in my opinion this is the worse map in the game.

It's just not fun and you are force to go back and forth and barley have time to lane because of how small and fast the objective is It's like everything that could have been wrong about dragon shrine which that map they actually got the rotation of the objective right. Just make braxis a 3 lane battle ground that's more like dragon shrine but with zerg.
Its pretty much alterac pass or tomb of the spider queen but with plants.

not sure if trolling or just that daft... that's the whole point behind it!!!! we didn't want a map we allready have!!!!! old one was fine the way it was PERIOD!

Don't see the big deal not to mention the map was never gonna see pro LV of play and the objective was pretty annoying anyway because curtain heroes were OP on the map.

every damn single map has heroes that are downright OP on that map! that's the friggin point in this game!!!! still not sure if trolling or?

09/27/2018 11:56 AMPosted by mau5

I think people saying the map is bad are just crying and complaining because it's different.

now i'm confused... trolling??? daft??? you said the exact opposite! (first quote!)

Sure having unique maps is cool and all but making every single map unique as much as possible is actually the problem when you actually think about it. Just look at maps like old hannmura and black hearts bay or hell, even haunted mines (which needs to be removed in my opinion) I like old garden of terror but I like the new garden of terror a lot better.

now who's whining about maps???? allmost certain you're a troll... nothing wrong with ANY of those maps!!! infernal shrines on the other hand is the worst crap ever and wich in fact was an AWFULL deduction of the old GoT! 1 objective spawning creep every x seconds untill collected enough (next time it's reset... wich again makes this map snowball out off controll)

09/27/2018 12:16 PMPosted by mau5
Another map worth mentioning is braxis holdout which this map needs to be a 3 lane battle ground and the army of zerg from the objective needs some huge balance changes and the reason why I think the map needs these changes is because for one the map is too small for how powerful the objective is and makes the map terrible if your team lacks wave clear and in my opinion this is the worse map in the game.

It's just not fun and you are force to go back and forth and barley have time to lane because of how small and fast the objective is It's like everything that could have been wrong about dragon shrine which that map they actually got the rotation of the objective right. Just make braxis a 3 lane battle ground that's more like dragon shrine but with zerg.

and more whining about maps that are fine!!!! go play LoL!!!! where you play the same crap map over and over again because clearly no map is good for you... and now jump on the bandwagon acting cool going against most people here on the forum...

0/10 for trolling
Not even a good troll. Go back to reddit.
09/27/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Bukkit
Its pretty much alterac pass or tomb of the spider queen but with plants.

not sure if trolling or just that daft... that's the whole point behind it!!!! we didn't want a map we allready have!!!!! old one was fine the way it was PERIOD!

Don't see the big deal not to mention the map was never gonna see pro LV of play and the objective was pretty annoying anyway because curtain heroes were OP on the map.

every damn single map has heroes that are downright OP on that map! that's the friggin point in this game!!!! still not sure if trolling or?

I think people saying the map is bad are just crying and complaining because it's different.

now i'm confused... trolling??? daft??? you said the exact opposite! (first quote!)

Sure having unique maps is cool and all but making every single map unique as much as possible is actually the problem when you actually think about it. Just look at maps like old hannmura and black hearts bay or hell, even haunted mines (which needs to be removed in my opinion) I like old garden of terror but I like the new garden of terror a lot better.

now who's whining about maps???? allmost certain you're a troll... nothing wrong with ANY of those maps!!! infernal shrines on the other hand is the worst crap ever and wich in fact was an AWFULL deduction of the old GoT! 1 objective spawning creep every x seconds untill collected enough (next time it's reset... wich again makes this map snowball out off controll)

09/27/2018 12:16 PMPosted by mau5

and more whining about maps that are fine!!!! go play LoL!!!! where you play the same crap map over and over again because clearly no map is good for you... and now jump on the bandwagon acting cool going against most people here on the forum...

0/10 for trolling
every quote you said doesn't even make sense you obviously didn't understand the actual problems with garden of terror before the rework. Also their was a time when everyone wanted this map removed but other maps like black hearts bay haunted mines, and braxis holdout was considered a lot worse in terms of its game play and mainly braxis and haunted mines. black hearts bay at least still has some kind if strategy and fun to it braxis was is garbage if you don't have high wave clear on your team.
09/27/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Vanaheim
Sorry but I don't have time to troll, this is how I really feel about the map and if you don't like that that's your problem also I don't understand why you or other people don't the new garden of terror it's pretty fun and is pretty much a new team fight map. Are people really this simple minded ?

I can understand if you like the old garden of terror but anyone that has played this game long enough will understand that the rework made the map a lot better in terms of game play and the objective is not boring, if people say that then their stupid because if new garden of terror is boring then I guest alterac pass is also boring because it's pretty much almost the same.
09/27/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Vanaheim
I don't understand why people don't the new garden of terror it's pretty fun and is pretty much a new team fight map. Are people really this simple minded ? I can understand if you like the old garden of terror but anyone that has played this game long enough will understand that the rework made the map a lot better in terms of game play and the objective is not boring, if people say that then their stupid because if new garden of terror is boring then I guest alterac pass is also boring because it's pretty much almost the same.

Its nice you like it, it's rare to find that these days, but the whole flavor of hots compared to other mobas are the different unique maps. Yes, GoT is the same as alterac pass and alterac pass is fun, but new GoT is just being redundant which is less fun than other maps when they could've done something way more creative or just modified the old one.
Are you serious? Please tell me you aren't that foolish.

This is easily the worst map in the game right now. Not only is it uninspired, but it's horribly unbalanced. Whichever team gets the first seed (just seed, not even objective) has won every single game I've played. It's release-Alterac, but somehow even worse.

The map is way too small for an objective like this. Cursed Hollow is more than 50% bigger, which is why this tribute collection mechanic works okay on that map, but GoT just simply isn't big enough to balance the objective collection method. There is no where near enough space on the map to make this objective work.

They stripped almost all of the fun out of the map. They effectively Frankenstein'd AP and CH to make this mess. The vehicle, one of the most enjoyable parts of the game, was removed and replaced by three busted OP boss mobs that can easily carry a team through a keep at 5 minutes in. The day/night cycle and seedling groups that made for a great comeback mechanic (something the devs supposedly have an interest in encouraging) was just removed.

Not to mention everything about this map further exacerbates the snowballing issues the laning changes back in January caused. Lanes, experience, objectives, once you fall behind, you have no chance of catching back up unless the enemy team intentionally begins throwing the game.
<span class="truncated">...</span>I don't understand why people don't the new garden of terror it's pretty fun and is pretty much a new team fight map. Are people really this simple minded ? I can understand if you like the old garden of terror but anyone that has played this game long enough will understand that the rework made the map a lot better in terms of game play and the objective is not boring, if people say that then their stupid because if new garden of terror is boring then I guest alterac pass is also boring because it's pretty much almost the same.

Its nice you like it, it's rare to find that these days, but the whole flavor of hots compared to other mobas are the different unique maps. Yes, GoT is the same as alterac pass and alterac pass is fun, but new GoT is just being redundant which is less fun than other maps when they could've done something way more creative or just modified the old one.
i get what people are saying but look man the map is just better in my opinion not to mention most people don't even want to admit that they hated getting in the plant in the first place. people are just being crybabies. some times you just have to accept that curtain things don't work and need to be changed entirely and another thing is don't other maps play similar to each other already just like the new garden of terror ? so that's a BS complaint/excuse.

all the maps actually play similar to each other just like new garden of terror rather it's controlling the objective your self or turning something such as jems in or not so people are just crying for no damn reason. last time I checked before the reworked was announced people didn't care for this map anyway. People are just being salty kids. go ahead and vote me.
09/27/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Wisthler
Well, think again. If you still fall into that conclution, just keep thinking more.
I'm sick of these stupid sarcastic post why can't we just have a friendly discussion ? if you disagree that's fine but you don't have to be a sarcastic jerk.
I think it's best if I don't post here no more because people are just jerks who want to call you a troll or be sarcastic as hell just because your opinion is different from everyone else. I give it two weeks and people will stop crying about new garden of terror.
09/27/2018 12:56 PMPosted by mau5
I think it's best if I don't post here no more because people are just jerks who want to call you a troll or be sarcastic as hell just because your opinion is different from everyone else. I give it two weeks and people will stop crying about new garden of terror.
Mob mentality, enough think garbage is gold, then it is so.
It's good that you like the new map, and have your own opinion about it. I have met others equally in favor of it. These forums are pretty herd induce by both sides of the coin.
I myself could care less about the changes and neither felt attached to GoT anyways.
However, you do meet those rare people who know what they are talking about.
Not people with childish slandering, politicaltizing, or accusing the entire time (which I recommend to stay away from a useless endless argument) just so they could have others think alike.
Why does it not surprise me that mau5 likes the map....

I was under the impression that people didn't like the map because it was too similar to other maps but a little more boring.

The map was unique and now it plays the same as cursed hollow and alterac pass. The map no longer has a personality of its own like it used to.
To be honest, Garden of Terror was the child of Haunted Mines and Dragon Shire, so never was that unique.
And old GoT wasn't really balanced and fun (it was fun but only for the Terror).
And Cursed Hollow is one of the best maps. If something is similar, that's balanced and fun as well.
Let the downvotes come!
09/27/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Maximus
The map is way too small for an objective like this. Cursed Hollow is more than 50% bigger, which is why this tribute collection mechanic works okay on that map, but GoT just simply isn't big enough to balance the objective collection method. There is no where near enough space on the map to make this objective work.

If it was any bigger - defending would've been even harder...
In the old GoT you could win with good macro game. But now it's all about who wins the TFs and therefore the objective. The plants have ridiculous pressure.
09/27/2018 12:47 PMPosted by mau5
some times you just have to accept that curtain things don't work

And that's when I bust out the Venetian Blinds.
"It's different"!? Well, if you change the skins and models from Alterac you get... Garden of Terror 2.0!?