Why was the old garden of terror never played in HGC?

General Discussion
I just want to know why people think that was.
No.

Because both teams can just each get the seeds from their terror and avoid the other team indefinitely, until both teams get their terror and race for the win.

Not a model of excitement.
Short answer is that pros voted not to play on it.
The map had heavy emphasis on PvE which made it boring to watch and play. It had similar problems to BhB really. If enemy goes top plant you can go bot plant or push or merc and same keeps on repeating so only time you fight is when enemy actually has terror(they often negated each other out during the TF). It created very static games where both teams would always draft or ban Dehaka/Falstad/ETC due to their global(which allowed clearing mercs and lanes) and rest of the team would just trade stuff around the map with very little actually happening.
09/27/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Noir
If enemy goes top plant you can go bot plant or push or merc and same keeps on repeating so only time you fight is when enemy actually has terror

Not necessarily. What they eliminated with this change is also potential ganks on enemies which are obviously doing their safe side and thus, giving the map more strategic depth. If people don't utilize their advantage I can often get mad but this is sth you can't explain everybody. "1-2 enemies down? Go steal the seeds on their side ffs." or "Contest them at the neutral Terror". Vision tools on this map greatly help to know when you can eventually take a fight against enemies at advantage(if you did work towards it). So basically, all they did is forcing the players to not ignore the objective and at the same rate forcing them to participate on it(Such a reward is difficult to ignore), I personally would call it "take the thinking work of those which do not want to think about strategy".
Because the pro players said it was too hard to play on that many maps, they couldn't "practice" them all, so they picked 9 total maps, the minimum number of maps with best of 7 and 2 bans that makes 9 maps needed only.
So we've established that many find the map boring, unfun to play/watch, too PvE heavy, among other things. And, I have to say that I'm inclined to agree. I never liked the map. It wasn't used in HGC for several reasons including the ones stated here. Yet, people are furious about the rework and there is a post with 220 upvotes saying how much they hate it. This is news to me that people actually liked the map. Personally I thought ARAM brawls were more competitive than old garden of terror.
09/27/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Coggles
So we've established that many find the map boring, unfun to play/watch, too PvE heavy, among other things. And, I have to say that I'm inclined to agree. I never liked the map. It wasn't used in HGC for several reasons including the ones stated here. Yet, people are furious about the rework and there is a post with 220 upvotes saying how much they hate it. This is news to me that people actually liked the map. Personally I thought ARAM brawls were more competitive than old garden of terror.

No the question was why didn't the pro players play it in HGC. Way to take things out of context.
ARAM would be more exciting for HGC. Before I fall asleep watching dem streams, I'm reminded that I can just play the game myself.
They changed the map because of the "pros"? I liked the map and so did alot of my friends. We aren't pros but we are still part of the player base. The old GoT was fun and different. This rework feels like maps we already have.
09/27/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Werbs713
09/27/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Coggles

No the question was why didn't the pro players play it in HGC. Way to take things out of context.

It's my topic?
iirc length of play was another factor as i think garden was consistently longer to resolve than the intended game length of average hots game
09/27/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Zademus
They changed the map because of the "pros"? I liked the map and so did alot of my friends. We aren't pros but we are still part of the player base. The old GoT was fun and different. This rework feels like maps we already have.

I'm not a pro either. I didn't think the old map was fun. It was awkward and stressful.
And why do they have a pause button and we need to play with the worst AI on the planet?
The map had PvE issues, but losing the fact both sides could potentially have an objective up at the same time is a bit too steep a price to pay. I liked that you could choose to siege or defend with your plant creature and that you could bank seeds until you had enough. The main issue is the manner in which seeds were collected, how there are two different spots to collect them, and the fact that the scaling of the objective often makes it better to NOT go for an earlier plant.