Probius Discussion

General Discussion
So I have a few questions about probius, it seems that people who have talked about him in the past are saying that hes good but yet every tier list labels him as bad. Now it would be very shallow of me to just off the bat say hes bad because of tier list, but every enemy or team mate I have experienced who have played him haven't done well even with the 1.2% pick rate. I really want him to be good and it doesn't seem to be too much discussion about this. It feels like probius is just a forgotten hero, i remember when probius came out and since then i would do routine check ups on how he sat in the meta, but it would come down to him being low tier. I think it would be great to discuss with others about how you feel with probius, and not just thumbs downing the post.
He is definitely in need of some improvements as he is a bit too niche to be of much use and other heroes usually are just better.

1: Increase his health by having a regenerating shield. Same for pylons/cannon imo.
2: Increase cast range of his rift + range of his cannon by a little.
3: His Worker's Rush Z feels a bit weak since it can be easily interrupted - perhaps give a steady movement speed buff but not so high like Sgt. Hammer. Or give it another use on top of what it already does.

edit: Have both ultimate abilities give passives like Pylon CD is lowered for Pylon Overcharge and all of Probius abilities give a slight slow if using the gate ability.
09/30/2018 11:42 PMPosted by DeMasked
He is definitely in need of some improvements as he is a bit too niche to be of much use and other heroes usually are just better.

1: Increase his health by having a regenerating shield. Same for pylons/cannon imo.
2: Increase cast range of his rift + range of his cannon by a little.
3: His Worker's Rush Z feels a bit weak since it can be easily interrupted - perhaps give a steady movement speed buff but not so high like Sgt. Hammer. Or give it another use on top of what it already does.

edit: Have both ultimate abilities give passives like Pylon CD is lowered for Pylon Overcharge and all of Probius abilities give a slight slow if using the gate ability.

Having an ult passive would actually a really cool idea
Just primarily his rifts are just so weird because they are just so easy to work around for the enemy. His photon canon would be more useful if it at least targeted to hero you were targeting, even when you hit his rifts they do 600 late game if you can even hit it where other characters that's how much they do in 0.5 seconds. they just need to do something with him to make him feel better, maybe not a buff but a rework would be interesting to see, but keep the base building mechanic in mind.
He's ok against people too dumb to know to kill his pylons. Against anyone who knows to kill them, usually by sneezing on them, he's awful.
There was only one reason why I wanted to play Probius - Cannon Rush. When I found there was no Cannon Rush build, I was severely disinterested, and never picked him up.

Thought for Null Gate - Why not make the Gate global in the sense that it is as wide as the map? They'd have to reduce the numbers, but cutting a map in half (for a couple seconds) would be an interesting Heroic. It could be placed defensively, to protect your backline. It could also be placed aggressively to slow enemy retreat.

Thoughts?
10/01/2018 06:30 AMPosted by FrostFawks
There was only one reason why I wanted to play Probius - Cannon Rush. When I found there was no Cannon Rush build, I was severely disinterested, and never picked him up.

Thought for Null Gate - Why not make the Gate global in the sense that it is as wide as the map? They'd have to reduce the numbers, but cutting a map in half (for a couple seconds) would be an interesting Heroic. It could be placed defensively, to protect your backline. It could also be placed aggressively to slow enemy retreat.

Thoughts?

Anything would be better than the current null gate which is underwhelming compared to pylon overcharge