Just take some heroes out of the game.

General Discussion
Because they are beyond useless. Let's first acknowledge "opportunity cost". Every hero you pick, you're giving up picking another hero that might get the job done a lot better.

So, let me ask you.... why should anyone pick the following useless heroes?

Illidan

Samuro

Anubarak

Malthael

Lucio

Butcher

D.va

Tassadar

Just beyond useless. Mind as well say "Hey enemy team! Want a free win?"
Should change the topic title to "Stop picking these heroes that I don't like!"

And anyway, you didn't list Abathur, who is almost universally hated, so you lose all credibility from the get-go.
Since they all have above 0% winrate i can safely say you are full of it.
And they can totally win in lower leagues because each one of them have some mechaninc that a low level player can struggle to face and win against.
Does not mean they can live without buffs.
09/26/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Vanaheim

And anyway, you didn't list Abathur, who is almost universally hated, so you lose all credibility from the get-go.

Is he? Abathur is one of the reason lots of people actually like the game.
inb4 HEISENBERG charges at you btw.
yeah abathur is one of the most loved heroes because of his unique playstyle. the only people who hate him are the people who don't understand how to play with him.
09/26/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Bloodrush
yeah abathur is one of the most loved heroes because of his unique playstyle. the only people who hate him are the people who don't understand how to play with him.

Or the fact that he is useless more often than not. Wanna have fun? Fine, go for it. But at the expense of everyone else because you can't be bothered to practice?
09/26/2018 10:46 AMPosted by MacWeak
09/26/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Vanaheim

Is he? Abathur is one of the reason lots of people actually like the game.
inb4 HEISENBERG charges at you btw.
I never said I didn't like him, just that 9 out of every 10 topics I've seen featuring him are bashing him.
only bronze league babbys don't like abathur
09/26/2018 10:57 AMPosted by CrazyLegs
09/26/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Bloodrush

Or the fact that he is useless more often than not. Wanna have fun? Fine, go for it. But at the expense of everyone else because you can't be bothered to practice?

Abathur is FAR from useless. He is one of the most powerful heroes in the game and if you fail to see that then you clearly have issues understanding the game. He is a very common ban at high level play especially in tourneys because of how impactful he is.

the only thing that abathur is bad in right now is pushing lanes. as his locust build has been in the dumpster since the ammo changes.
Blizz should absolutely disable heroes at least for HL/TL if they're considered broken to the point that they're OP, UP, or so broked that they're in line for a rework. Otherwise, how can you label it a competitive mode if heroes are overtuned for release/sales.
I have a 57% win rate with illidan last season and 55% with malthael so maybe you are doing it wrong.
I got absolutely slaughtered in a QM match against an amazing illidan last night.
Basically every hero you listed there CAN be good if a skilled person picks them up.

High skill ceiling is often confused with bad design.
The meta shifts, heroes go in and out of style frequently, often times without changes even made directly to them. Nor is there one meta. So who would manage this and how? A pro committee meeting or bronze to gold popular vote? Also on what schedule? Daily? Weekly? There's a whole bunch of unanswerable questions.

Instead how about we leave them all and let the community plus win\loss at all ranks decide who is good.
09/26/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Bloodrush
09/26/2018 10:57 AMPosted by CrazyLegs

Abathur is FAR from useless. He is one of the most powerful heroes in the game and if you fail to see that then you clearly have issues understanding the game. He is a very common ban at high level play especially in tourneys because of how impactful he is.

the only thing that abathur is bad in right now is pushing lanes. as his locust build has been in the dumpster since the ammo changes.

You must have missed the part where I said "NEARLY". So, in the hands of a select few? Sure. But more often than not, he's a hindrance to the team.
"everying I dont like nobody else is allowed to like"
Something below bronze player detected.
Illidan

Not terrible but he's more mediocre than anything. just needs a lot of fine tuning, MAYBE a small rework.

Samuro

Samuro suffers from "we need to nerf it" syndrome. he was pretty good on launch but got nerfed so hard, so many times that he faded away more and more. could use a minor rework or at least some QoL changes to bring him in line.

Anubarak

Anub is still fairly solid. he just needs to have 20 passive spell armor and 20 on carapace and he'll be in a pretty good spot. Blizz making him an "all or nothing" hero when it comes to his spell armor was really silly.

Malthael
I hated the changes at first but some buffs have brought him mostly in line as a strong solo laner. he could use a reversion of some nerfs however to increase his overall strength in teamfights though. his % damage has been largely nerfed (both base and in talents) which was a big mistake imo.

Lucio

Lucio is still pretty solid. maybe some small tweaks here and there to increase the reliability of his healing but otherwise he's good.

Butcher
needs a massive rework. right now he's arguably the worst assassin in HOTS. whereas someone like Nazeebo can lose out on a late game power spike via being denied stacks, Butcher is COMPLETE crap without completing his quest. on top of that, killing him before quest completion will constantly deny him the ability to do anything.

D.va
one of the worst warriors not named Chen. definitely needs a big rework or a least a huge change to her baseline and her talent pool. she sucks in fights, sucks in the solo lane, sucks as a tank, sucks as a bruiser, sucks as an offtank, etc.

Tassadar
amazing in pro play, crap in everything else. it's a complicated issue because Tassadar is literally the height of a L2P issue, with ranked players struggling to make use of him due to the lack of coordination and communication skills. the problem is that HOTS isn't designed well enough to really encourage that level of coordination in most non-pro play. more than likely, if he was to get a quality rework, it would be to easily highlight his strengths without sacrificing his Jack of All Trades persona.
We should just tell the bus company to no longer make a stop here with their short bus.
09/26/2018 11:08 AMPosted by DollyLox
I got absolutely slaughtered in a QM match against an amazing illidan last night.
Basically every hero you listed there CAN be good if a skilled person picks them up.

High skill ceiling is often confused with bad design.

You've obviously missed my point. I pointed out opportunity cost. So, if you're a skilled player, and you end up taking a handicapped hero over a more capable one, then you're still hindering your team.

Not to mention, any hero can look amazing if you pair them against some noobs who don't know how to play. Go look at any FPS montages of people dominating against oblivious enemies, and getting massive killstreaks. WOW!