Uther

General Discussion
1) He's the only support in the game at the moment that auto-loses against certain matchups (against poke comps, Lunara/Gul'dan/Nazeebo comps or any high damage comps), and practically cannot win against even low-tier comps like Auriel hypercarry unless you draft an insane amount of dive or out-damage them. If you pick Uther in draft and someone picks Lunara or Guldan you better pray that your dive assassin can destroy them or you cannot win. Even so he's short ranged and cannot get to the backline.

2) He suffers from the old BW problem - his healing is way too low and his utility is decent at best. Trading 160 mana to heal half a squishy's health is unacceptable, and you can only do this once every 12 seconds. I get it - burst healing to counter burst damage, but so many heroes now can do both burst and sustain damage that he can't heal through the sustain damage. Even so with divine shield on a very long cooldown he can only do this once a teamfight.

3) Mana issues. Oh god. You finish an objective or teamfight, and you run OOM. You have to back. The entire team re-spawns and it's a 4v5. "WAIT FOR ME" you say. Too late.

4) Power creep. Want CC lockdown? Pick Deckard, who has AoE CC on a BASIC ability. Or Malf with roots and AoE silence. Want burst protection? Pick Tyrande, who has spell armor (as good as Uther's trait because most burst are spell damage), level 1 cleanse, and also a stun but can stun the backline. Or Whitemane with scarlet aegis. Want a support that's not so squishy? Whitemane and deckard are not squishy. Want anti-CC? Pick any other support in the game because Blizzard spammed anti-CC on practically every support.

On top of that all the aforementioned heroes can easily double Uther's healing, as well as providing other utilities aside from "divine shield the carry".

Genji counter? Any support with decent self-heal can deal with Genji well. His DPS is surprisingly weak and is reliant on resets. I would argue that BW does a far better job countering Genji than Uther.

5) Aside from that Uther has weak damage, weak waveclear, couldn't provide movement speed to allies on a basic ability, and lacks ranged CC
Lower holy light cooldown to 10.
Reduce mana cost of holy radiance to 50, and lower its cooldown to 10 as well.
Divine shield changed from being an ult to a baseline 1, but with changes: SELF cast only, and it has a 60 second CD.

Change the name of his divine shield to something else to keep that ult in form.
Seems like there have been many Uther posts over the past several months, hopefully the dev team notices and will take action at some point.

I fully agree he needs some QoL changes and buffs, but they have to be careful how they do it. Even with his drawbacks, his win rate isn't too far off of 50%. And selected at the right time, he is effective. I generally agree with most of your points, mana being the biggest culprit for me. I feel like a back at least twice as much on Uther compared to any other support. I'm OK with him having trouble against the heroes you mentioned, all heroes need counters, but he does seem to struggle a bit too much against them. Buffing his W healing and some minor cooldown/mana reductions would help give him more of a chance against spread sustain damage comps.

Some other issues I've noted in other threads are:

1. Complete lack of information on how much benefit his trait actually provides. We get no stat information on how much damage we managed to prevent through his trait. Even if this was counted I still don't think he would match the raw healing of other healers, but more stats would be nice. This would also be helpful to other heroes who have and can give armor to see the value it provided.

2. His trait works against his burst healing. By nature, his Q is a reactive heal. You don't want to use it early or use it to over heal due to its cost and cooldown. You wait until damage is taken. Applying armor is the complete opposite, you want it applied proactively right before damage hits. W has a similar issue simply because of its long cooldown. You don't want to waste it to top off, you use it selectively after damage is taken. Maybe his trait should be more like his devotion aura in WoW, constantly applies armor to all nearby allies. Maybe need to reduce the benefit to 10 since this would be constant. Or maybe it can be turned into an active trait, provide an AoE armor bonus to allies for 1-2 seconds on a 10 second CD.

There might be other solutions, but I just feel they don't make it easy to take advantage of his trait.
Funny enough, I had played uther before rework, and he was *not fun*. After rework armor seemed nice for a while, but then realisation came in: nothing rly changed. The same mana issue, the same "come close to target to stun it and die" issue. Right now, i'm looking at him, and asking myself: why should i take uther instead of Whitemane or Lucio or Lili? If you want to protect from burst dmg, then there are divine palm, crystal aegis, even ansestral heal (as much as i dislike this dog he's still more impactful than uther).
P.s. Bw is far superiour to uther in terms of countering genji or any nimble sin for that matter.
he needs to get the rehgar treatment :P (mana cost reduction and a boost to mana regen talents)
I've been playing Uther quite a bit and I feel his biggest issue is his high cooldowns/mana usage. I often exhausted his mana pools quite quickly during extended fights.
Developer Comment: We’ve found that by increasing the niche of Uther, players could easily build teams with 2 Supports that were incredibly difficult to counter, thereby creating a slow gameplay trend that could be frustrating to play against. We think it’s great to see double support every once in a while, but Uther enabled it too well when paired with almost any other healer. By reducing the Armor he grants via his Trait and getting a little more healing throughput, Uther should feel slightly more well-rounded.

His healing got nerf after by 5%.

But Uther was really fun to play before. He just need some number changes to become more popular and feel more impactful.
He needs to go spend a few gold at the Paladin trainer to respec Ret.
Hmm, I pick uther from time to time in specific mathchups. I can't say I feel him to be very weak - he has one of the best reliable burst heal (especially with talent that increases recieved heal on W), which with his trait allows nice saves without burning R, he has cleanse, he has hard CC, and divine shield is also nice ult for carries. So basically he has a good toolkit, just not a universal one, sort of a niche support. I like him that way :)
Though, I completely agree on mana issues...
I think they have 2 options with Uther:

First, make him so tanky that prioritizing Uther will be a stupid idea or will require a complete coordination from enemy team, he should be the hardest healer to kill. Also give him some decent damage so he'll be a thorn in the enemy team's side. His current healing numbers can be considered OK if he has this utulity.

Or rework his CDs and numbers so he won't be this weak against so many things (AoE, poke, sustain damage, prolonged fights, himself being nuked etc). So he'll find more place out of a tiny niche.
lol the nerds hate the idea of changing him away from pure heal slave to something that can act alone for once.
09/27/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Azula
lol the nerds hate the idea of changing him away from pure heal slave to something that can act alone for once.

uther is pretty good 1v1 especially againts melee imo. u need holy shock, that lvl1 melee talent, benediction, the stun talents, and the stun heroic. of course you will be worse at healing with all these heh. but still!
09/28/2018 12:18 AMPosted by BedPohtaytoh
09/27/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Azula

uther is pretty good 1v1 especially againts melee imo. u need holy shock, that lvl1 melee talent, benediction, the stun talents, and the stun heroic. of course you will be worse at healing with all these heh. but still!

1v1 rarely happens anymore with the push away from PVE.
09/28/2018 12:31 AMPosted by aleksandor
09/28/2018 12:18 AMPosted by BedPohtaytoh

1v1 rarely happens anymore with the push away from PVE.

yea, well, i was jsut saying he's not bad when hes alone. medic and ana are bad when they're alone :P
Uther doesn't autoloss to poke comps or you drafted wrong rest of the comp meaning you can't put it solely on Uther. If you went Uther and enemy started pick poke then you counter that by picking dive for which Uther excels as support or you get secondary support of some kind to make up for lack of sustain.