Uther

General Discussion
09/28/2018 12:18 AMPosted by BedPohtaytoh
09/27/2018 09:38 PMPosted by Azula
lol the nerds hate the idea of changing him away from pure heal slave to something that can act alone for once.

uther is pretty good 1v1 especially againts melee imo. u need holy shock, that lvl1 melee talent, benediction, the stun talents, and the stun heroic. of course you will be worse at healing with all these heh. but still!

If you take Hammer of the Lightbringer you may be better at duels but will suck at teamfights, since there are very few times when you can hit more than a couple of basic attacks before being focused by the entire enemy team. Therefore I'm not sure I'd recommend it.
Uther only has two real problem.It aint low heal numbers since lvl 1 w talent can help with that.

The problem is his dependence on one insanely good assassin. Im a gold supp main and i play with assassin master all the time.To me his divine shield is insanely good since a master can maximize its duration. So it means you need a assassin who is above the standard mmr of the game(our is prb plat).

When someone using GM or Valla kills 2 chars when i DS him with 10% hp and bring him to 60% it always turns fight around.He is a BEST hero at keeping someone alive.

The second one is utter dependence on heavy cc or engage on enemy side. He needs heroes like taunt var,diablo, mura and the like on enemy side.It makes enemy waste a huge amount of dmg with those 50 armor.That talent defines him and is mandatory.

Now guldan and luna do counter him but that is a simple counter. Heroes like lucio and alex have those as well.Mana just means HS before any obj.

+ at 20 he gets a huge heal boost.Since you can do your rotation then die heal and do rot again. It heals quite a lot and also proc his trait.The only healer that gets that much heal boost is lucio with second track.
One thing that really makes me think that Uther is done as he is right now it's how freaking unkillable the last 2 healers are even if they are supposed to be squishies.

Both Dekard Cain and WHitemane cannot be focused down unless you have 2-3 stuns (or hard CCs) in store for them, otherwise they will come back to full HP before you can do anything about it.

Unkillability should be the niche of Uther and not of 2 healers that have all the tools they need for their team to come and help them, being cought out from enemies DPS should be the weakness of squishy healers. Add to it their ability to not only burst heal squishies but also a superiority in prolonged fights and Uther is basically a meat shield with some healing capability.

He still works because Divine Shield and some armor can still make the difference in fights but lets be clear, the latest released/reworked healers are just better than him in any situation.
09/28/2018 12:37 AMPosted by LivingHate
09/28/2018 12:18 AMPosted by BedPohtaytoh

uther is pretty good 1v1 especially againts melee imo. u need holy shock, that lvl1 melee talent, benediction, the stun talents, and the stun heroic. of course you will be worse at healing with all these heh. but still!

If you take Hammer of the Lightbringer you may be better at duels but will suck at teamfights, since there are very few times when you can hit more than a couple of basic attacks before being focused by the entire enemy team. Therefore I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

yeah i take it on maps that i know i might be defending alone or with another hero like dragon shrine/nuke/etc. its also nice when you're the peeler in the team (e.g there are other squishier heroes in your team that will be focused down by divers)
Drafted him in TL because of this thread.
And because my ally in draft said not to pick him because he sucked.
For most of the game I out tanked our warrior, and out damaged our dps.
We won easily.
As long as you remember he's an off-tank.
I typically take Storm over Shield. Micro Mosh wins games with a whole lot less counter play.

Hell, I've solo tanked with him once or twice when people refused to draft either support or tank. He's the absolute best for that job. No way in hell you're doing that with Cain or Whitemane.

I almost feel like Holy Shock is mandatory though. It's far too strong, and far too necessary compared to the others at 4, and it's what gives him such insane survivability and a decent chunk of his damage output.
And I'm not big on saying any talents are must pick or garbage. People should be able to play their own style.
09/30/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Fawxkitteh
Drafted him in TL because of this thread.
And because my ally in draft said not to pick him because he sucked.
For most of the game I out tanked our warrior, and out damaged our dps.
We won easily.

If you do more damage than other DPS then there is a huge issue with your team mates and winning a match with such team mates says even more about your enemies xD

Were you the only healer though?