Implement TL allpick for HL/Unranked

General Discussion
Anyone being able to pick a hero no matter what position you are in the draft is amazing and is why I am really starting to prefer TL over HL/Unranked. I would like to see this drafting option come to these other modes.
For Hero league it would make more sense to just allow swapping instead (like you take my cassia and I get your muradin pick). Not as much potential as 'allpick', however a lot less drawbacks. The amount of anger an problems that would arise from allpick with all solo que's is immense.
Problem is people can be selfish. They can lock in their favourite heroes just because they have the faster trigger finger, despite other hero lockins being a better choice.

Imagine the situation with a duo queued who want to combo their heroes. They wait until it is a double pick in the draft and then prepare to lock in but some solo queue person locks in their random favourite hero before their partner could lock in. Next ban phase comes and they ban the hero intended for the combo. That is the potential problem with everyone being able to lock in.

Sure it is not really a problem if you are willing to communicate/compromise or are in a 5 man party...
All pick in HL would be a disaster.

The reason it works in TL is because you typically have 2-5 friends together and they are more likely to draft with discussion.

You know how easy it will be for someone to 1-trick HL but just snap-locking their hero the second the draft opens. At least with the 1 through 5 pick order, eventually you gotta fill tank and heals to climb the ranks. Would hate to see a world where people could play 100% assassin, never learn to tank or heal, and climb ranks to an area they don't belong because they cannot fill
09/29/2018 10:56 PMPosted by GameDog
For Hero league it would make more sense to just allow swapping instead (like you take my cassia and I get your muradin pick). Not as much potential as 'allpick', however a lot less drawbacks. The amount of anger an problems that would arise from allpick with all solo que's is immense.

This sounds like a reasonable middleground, tbh.