RANKED MODE REQUIRED for WATCHTOWER quests?

General Discussion
Do you really have to do RANKED MODE ONLY in order to complete watchtower quests for King's crest/raven lord event?? It appears that the only maps in rotation for anything besides ranked mode all have no watchtowers! And i know from experience just now that the watchtower mercenary camps on hanamura temple don't count towards any quest progress, because im still at 0/4 watchtowers. Any help or answers? I'm really grateful for any advice because this does look like a fun quest, but i don't feel like doing hero league atm, PLUS you only get them in winning games as well, so any losses will only delay the long quest chain.
Based on another thread, watch towers are things that provide visisons... so sky temple and cursed Hallow.
For what i know AI also has no map restrictions.
09/25/2018 03:43 PMPosted by rcw
For what i know AI also has no map restrictions.

Nope. It has the same map pool.
AI is rarely producing Cursed Hollow. AFAIK it is not supposed to but I have run into it from time to time.
This is just flat bad design on blizzards part and really annoying. Can we make a custom game choose the maps with watchtowers and then simply add ai. Will that work? has anyone tested it. Will the enemy ai be smart enough to take back the tower so i can turn around and get it back again?
09/26/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Kakurine
This is just flat bad design on blizzards part and really annoying. Can we make a custom game choose the maps with watchtowers and then simply add ai. Will that work? has anyone tested it. Will the enemy ai be smart enough to take back the tower so i can turn around and get it back again?

I know that custom games don’t count toward daily quests, so I doubt they’d count toward these quests.

Yeah I tried custom. Doesn't work.
And beginner AI don't retake watchtowers.

I can confirm custom games do not give credit to the quest.
This needs to be fixed by Blizzard. Nearly unattainable quest. Come on!
great so it's essentially impossible for me to do this dam quest

Way to fail blizz. Time to hotfix this quest more easily doable.
Almost as good as getting a daily quest to play an Overwatch character when none are on free rotation and one doesn't own any of the characters. Given how few OW characters there are, this daily quest can sometimes take up a slot for weeks.
This mission only shows that Blizzard behaves like a small company!

A great failure!
09/26/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Halysha
This mission only shows that Blizzard behaves like a small company!

I don't know, I've recently seen "small companies" tell their customers to kill themselves (Riot) or not pay employees any overtime or severance and go under (TTG).

This is nothing. Quite stupid, yes, but nothing to get outraged about.

Play vs A.I. with A.I. teammates and quit the game until you get the right map.
09/26/2018 11:31 AMPosted by DaShmoe
Play vs A.I. with A.I. teammates and quit the game until you get the right map.

The only way to get cursed in non ranked right now is to hope for a new enough player. New players always get cursed and as far as I know that`s the only way to trigger the map.
Besides that, the only way to get AI capturing vision is if they walk over it by chance. So you need either two games or "force" them to capture it (mindcontroll).
I did Hanamaru in quick match which has watch tower camps, no dice. Stupid quest I've done 6 games in quick match none with a watchtower... Please fix this
09/25/2018 03:43 PMPosted by DollyLox
Based on another thread, watch towers are things that provide visisons... so sky temple and cursed Hallow.

Also Blackheart's Bay, Warhead Junction and Haunted Mines. Unfortunately of those 5, only Cursed Hollow can show up in unranked modes (due to it being the "new player" map that it puts all new players in for X amount of time, despite not being in the unranked rotation). It only marginally improves in Ranked as you get Cursed Hollow and Sky Temple there.

Was just a poor time to put an unranked rotation back in (even if temporarily). Unranked modes having everything available is just better all around.
I just played cursed hallow in ranked, took two watchtowers, won the game. 0/4 quest completion. What the hell blizzard. Its been like 10 games to even get on cursed hallow map to spawn and it didn't even count.
I didn't have too much trouble getting the watchtowers.
Getting the last one for Maiev was annoying though. Had to fight my own teamates for DPS and ended up losing the game for that same reason:
our Zul'jin went and started dpsing the enemy team while we were taking down the core. Since I was checking stats every minute because of the quest I knew he was going to get ahead of me in dps and then die, and if I dpsed the core and end the game, I would lose the quest.
Well I was doing this god damn questline for 5 hours, 3 of which were in this single quest due to several reasons, including times I had to fill for the team, times no one filled for the team and times I straight up lost Scrapper by 1000 damage. So this time, I did what I had to do for me and lost the game to end my own torment.

I hated doing that, but that's what this quest makes you do: you have to fight your own team as much as you have to fight the enemy team.
And even if you win every game, it's still a loss because you didn't get MVP or Scrapper or Dominator or god damn Escape Artist (which is likely the cheapest thing because all you have to do is go kamikase, get your !@# beaten without doing anything too useful, make sure you are able to get out at 10% hp and repeat it so much that the game praises you for exploiting it).
Would be nice to be able to get those watch towers...