How do you get to bronze?

General Discussion
So i made an account for the express purpose of showing that a normal guy can climb to his proper rank from bronze. I finish mid to low plat every season on my main account.

Now i haven't exactly been trying to lose but I've been playing heroes i have little to no experience with in the hopes that would be enough. I just did my first placement and it was enough that i am playing with and against silver 3-4 but i really wanted to start at bronze 5.

First game we won in a blowout and now I'm worried I'll end up getting placed in gold at this rate. It feels harder to lose than win at this level sometimes.

So the question is how do i lose without obviously just throwing matches?

Please help me find this bronze hell i keep hearing about.
Well what do you want to hear. From Bronze to Plat it’s 3 divisions. So if you are a trained Plat player and get your comfort picks you will win a lot of games, which means in return you will be placed in Gold since it’s the highest you can currently get with a new account.

If you want to be in bronze 5 you need a winrate of 40% or below I guess. That’s not possible without losing on purpose, which is against the rules.
1. Its quite simple, take whatever you want to play. Don't obey the average tank bruiser dps dps heal logic. Take like 3 tanks or 2 heals whenever you want. Make sure to take 3 tanks againt giant killer and 2 heals against a full dive comp and watch yourself tank into the abyss. When there isn't any cc on the team, take a hero, to complete the set, with absolutely no cc.

2. If you want to ignore all that, then, quite possibly, you could try to actually win thereby invoking the wrath of the blizzard Gods and cause them to force a loss totally without your intention.

3. You could just drop draft a few times.
Play Chen

And if you somehow get out of bronze while only playing Chen.

Blizzard will notice and nerf him.
If you're significantly better than bronze then yes, you will actively have to throw or sandbag to lower your MMR enough to place in Bronze.

This does carry the implication of ruining games for others though. No "Bronze to Master/Challenger" challenge was ever really accomplished without it's consequences thrust upon unsuspecting participants whom were displaced in the process though. Both the descent and the climb have an impact.
The only ethical way to make a bronze account is to level everything in VS AI. Then get a group of 4 overwatch players to play QM with you for about 20 to 30 games, they should be enough dead weight that you won't be able to carry. Then when you do your placements pick Abathur or Murky, some hero that will tilt bronze players so they tower dive. With the combination of not having any MMR other then salty overwatch players and having bronze players that throw on purpose because of a "bad" hero pick you should get bronze 5.

Without the feeder on your team there isn't a hero a gold or higher player can pick in bronze that doesn't have enough impact to carry games.
Hmm interesting suggestions. I don't want to ruin games for people and i feel like picking heroes i never use was still ethical. Nothing wrong with trying new heroes right? But that only got me to silver. I think no-one could blame me if my router were to fail right? I see threads on here all the time that dcing happens to people.

I might just do from silver to plat but i feel like that doesn't count. In the end I'm more convinced than ever that if you're in bronze you deserve to be there.
09/29/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Echo
Hmm interesting suggestions. I don't want to ruin games for people and i feel like picking heroes i never use was still ethical. Nothing wrong with trying new heroes right? But that only got me to silver. I think no-one could blame me if my router were to fail right? I see threads on here all the time that dcing happens to people.

I might just do from silver to plat but i feel like that doesn't count. In the end I'm more convinced than ever that if you're in bronze you deserve to be there.

If you are willing to do the leaver games, unless someone says if you pick X hero I will throw, you could alt+f4 every draft. Forcing a team to play with a bot is also wrong.
You're doing it in the wrong season. Before you could lose 8/10 placement on averages and almost never climb out of silver. The problem is NOT bronze, it's silver.
09/29/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Werbs713
09/29/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Echo

If you are willing to do the leaver games, unless someone says if you pick X hero I will throw, you could alt+f4 every draft. Forcing a team to play with a bot is also wrong.

While draft dodging will lower your overall league after enough penalties from it AFAIK I've never read anything about it negatively impacting your MMR. This would alter the dynamics of the challenge would it not?
Also leaving the draft cancels the game. They don't get a bot it just wastes their time.

Also what's this about silver being the real hell? My experience in these lower ranks so far using unfamiliar heroes tells me that if i used my experienced heroes i could probably climb out with a 70% or higher win rate. I just don't think this being stuck because of others thing is legit.
09/29/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Digitality
<span class="truncated">...</span>

While draft dodging will lower your overall league after enough penalties from it AFAIK I've never read anything about it negatively impacting your MMR. This would alter the dynamics of the challenge would it not?

I feel like it doesn't because don't think mmr really matters once you get placed in ranked. If i drop to bronze I'm still getting matched with and against other bronze players.

I've heard people claim to be master qm players because hotslogs but then they are silver in ranked lol.
No one cares about whatever you are trying to prove. ITS NOT ETHICAL no matter what you do. Either way you can't truly prove anything. The problem most people have with climbing is old accounts with thousands of games (and mostly sunk early in their hots career). Not new ones that some idiot simply sunk to bronze with less than 1000 games played. Anyone with half a brain can get out of bronze/silver/gold even with a truly aged account. So you aren't impressing anyone anyway.
If you are in the higher echelons of ranked play, I doubt even the biggest noobs could stop you from climbing the ranks.
09/29/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Winter
No one cares about whatever you are trying to prove. ITS NOT ETHICAL no matter what you do. Either way you can't truly prove anything. The problem most people have with climbing is old accounts with thousands of games (and mostly sunk early in their hots career). Not new ones that some idiot simply sunk to bronze with less than 1000 games played. Anyone with half a brain can get out of bronze/silver/gold even with a truly aged account. So you aren't impressing anyone anyway.

I was silver on my main account in season 1 and 2 and have 6k games played. You sound like a typical excuse maker and the reason it bothers you so much that someone would do this is that it proves that you're the reason you're stuck and not anyone else.
09/29/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Echo
I was silver on my main account in season 1 and 2 and have 6k games played. You sound like a typical excuse maker and the reason it bothers you so much that someone would do this is that it proves that you're the reason you're stuck and not anyone else.

As I said before you can't prove it for the reasons I mentioned before. You CANNOT PROVE ANYTHING with a new account that sat in bronze for like 5 minutes. Nor can you prove anything for an account that is created after all the mmr changes were even added to this game.

I dont even bother with HL now and haven't for years because I think its a garbage system and a total waste of my time (even with my positive adjustment that I was running then). I play QM, UR/TL with my friends (many of them masters) and happy with that. I'm high plat mmr could probably get to Diamond mmr solo if I pushed like hell it but I don't care at this point. I play a great deal less now because the games overall are just not enjoyable. I shouldn't have to push past feeders, noobs, account sinkers, trolls and blizzard's system of handicapping players who win too many games. I've _waited_ for years for personal MMR so this game can be enjoyable again but that has not happened.

Been in this game way longer than you.... from the beginning. When tons of players thought they could just prove something and in the proving ruined tons of games for a lot of people because they purposefully sank their accounts to bronze. This before blizzard even bothered to ban players for feeding/trolling and whatnot (they still dont but thats beside the case). Many changes have happened since then.

NO MATTER WHAT SINKING YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ETHICAL IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. I hope whoever does it gets banned before they could even try, and thats why I report every single feeder/AFKer in the game. So do a lot of people.

THE WHOLE POINT ANYWAY IS NOT BEING _STUCK_ its the whole grind that people find so disgusting and anti-fun. Thats the REAL issue here. Not climbing.
If I was stuck in plat forever I wouldn't care.. as long as those games were enjoyable where wins actually felt like wins and not (stomps) and losses felt like true losses and not because you got 2/3 feeders, 1 clueless player and 1 AFK every 3 or 4 matches. This used to be the case in alpha/beta.
If climbing means I gotta be 3 heroes in one and in 4 places at once to make up for the slack for hundreds?thousands?... its not the game I wanna play. Certainly I have had wins where I carried HARD but they were just as bad as the losses... truly terrible games I did not find fun in the slightest.

Rank is and was never the issue. An enjoyable game is.. (win or lose)
09/29/2018 10:55 PMPosted by Winter
If I was stuck in plat forever I wouldn't care.. as long as those games were enjoyable where wins actually felt like wins and not (stomps) and losses felt like true losses and not because you got 2/3 feeders, 1 clueless player and 1 AFK every 3 or 4 matches. This used to be the case in alpha/beta.
If climbing means I gotta be 3 heroes in one and in 4 places at once to make up for the slack for hundreds?thousands?... its not the game I wanna play. Certainly I have had wins where I carried HARD but they were just as bad as the losses... truly terrible games I did not find fun in the slightest.

Rank is and was never the issue. An enjoyable game is.. (win or lose)

I get it you need your buddies to carry you and you hate anyone that can do it themselves. You're a sad human being. Move along you've provided nothing useful but i guess you hear that a lot irl too.
09/29/2018 11:38 PMPosted by Echo
I get it you need your buddies to carry you and you hate anyone that can do it themselves. You're a sad human being. Move along you've provided nothing useful but i guess you hear that a lot irl too.

I have already done it myself (as far as I wanted to go) So I don't hate myself.

In the end, you end up being the bad player here. Very UNSPORTSMANLIKE in that you are willing to attempt something you can't possibly prove in an unethical fashion. You're the one who PROVIDES NOTHING USEFUL, just like all the idiots before. The only thing you've proven here is that there is terrible player like you looking to lose a bunch of games at other player's expense (time/fun/effort and their personal grind through the game, making the grind to where they hope/wish to be that much longer). Not to mention makes wins for people who otherwise didn't deserve to win a game (and losses for other people who don't deserve it as well because you aren't even a valid opponent).

I HOPE YOU GET BANNED. Thats the only thing that should be happening here.
09/29/2018 10:51 PMPosted by Winter
NO MATTER WHAT SINKING YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ETHICAL IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. I hope whoever does it gets banned before they could even try, and thats why I report every single feeder/AFKer in the game. So do a lot of people.

I never agree with Winter on anything, but this I do. It's not ethical to do these kind of challenges. They have been done before anyway. You're proving nothing other than you are messing up the ranking system and fun of other players.

Just play your main account and get a life, Bronze to Platinum proves nothing anyway.