Announcements

Jan 12 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – January 12, 2017 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. PATCH HIGHLIGHTS New Feature: Simple Checkout Purchasing Loot Boxes has never been easier. Our streamlined system gives players access more payment options from directly within the Overwatch client. GENERAL UPDATES General Decreased the volume of passing cars on the Oasis background in the Hero Gallery BUG FIXES Heroes Fixed a bug that was allowing Mercy to resurrect players that had fallen off the map to their death Maps Fixed a bug to prevent the garden point on Oasis from being contested/captured from the second-floor walkway above it Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on several mapsJosh Engen0 Jan 12
Jan 3 [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – January 3, 2017 A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. PATCH HIGHLIGHTS New Control Map: Oasis Oasis is one of the world's most advanced cities, a shining jewel rising from the Arabian Desert. A monument to human ingenuity and invention, researchers and academics from around the region came together to found a city dedicated to scientific progress without restraints. The city and its inhabitants are governed by the Ministries, a collection of brilliant minds who possess many secrets, which have attracted the interest of powerful organizations from around the world.Josh Engen0 Jan 3
Dec 20 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – December 20, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: General Mouse 4 no longer controls backwards menu navigation, preventing conflicts with other functions that might be bound to that button Fixed a bug preventing audio from mixing correctly on the main menu screen Competitive Play Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed Symmetra to place Teleporters and Shield Generators inside her team’s spawn room in a competitive match Heroes Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to permanently hack a health packJosh Engen0 Dec 20
Aug 16 Recent Actions Against Cheating in Overwatch As we've stated in the past, we are committed to providing an equal and fair playing field for all Overwatch players. Unfortunately, this means we often have to take action against accounts that have been found using a cheat programs to gain an unfair advantage. Recently, such an action was taken. Cheating will not be tolerated in any form, and we will continue to push for a cheater-free community. If you believe that another player is cheating or you have information pertaining to the use of hacks, bots, or unauthorized third-party software in Overwatch, please let us know! You can do so by using the right-click report functionality in the game, and/or by emailing hacks@blizzard.com. And if you'd like to read more about our stance on cheating, click here.Lylirra0 Aug 16
Dec 10 [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – December 13, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Highlights General Updates Hero Balance Updates Bug FixesJosh Engen4 Dec 10
Dec 7 A Message From Chris Metzen [POSTED ON BEHALF OF CHRIS METZEN] I had just turned twenty years old when I started working at Blizzard. Seems like a lifetime ago. Guess it was. Those first few years were the start of a very grand adventure for me, one that would take me around the world, introduce me to thousands of wonderful geeks just like me—and ultimately shape the course of my adult life. Of course when I started, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I had no idea how to make games or build entertainment products.… But I had an insatiable passion for ideas. For stories. For heroes. My only real training before joining Blizzard was the long-running D&D campaign I had with my closest friends—Sam, Mike P., Daniel, and Mikey C. (you know who you are, boys…HAMRO!). Building ideas—vast worldscapes, characters, and plotlines with my friends was my first great love. I lived for it. It was a safe space amid the tension and change of some rough teenage years. The grand refuge of D&D was a glorious meeting of minds and imaginations where I felt I truly belonged. It was a space where friendship and imagination were inextricably linked. The sharing of ideas on the fly, the crazy, unexpected turns other players would take—it stretched our imaginations in ways we’d never have dreamt of on our own. I loved how roleplaying through adventures taught us so much about each other—and, more often than not, ourselves. Imagining together helped us make sense of the crazy world we were growing up in. It made us stronger together. I wouldn’t really understand the depth of it for many years, but I had learned an important truth from my friends back then: Creativity is relational. Looking back at my years at Blizzard, I see now how profoundly this idea has shaped my career. I see how profoundly my friends and coworkers at Blizzard have shaped me as a person. For nearly twenty-three years I’ve had the very distinct privilege of shaping worlds and building games with the brightest creative minds in entertainment. I’ve walked with giants (and stood on some giants’ shoulders, too). In short, I’ve had the time of my life. I pretty much had the coolest job ever—but the truth is, sometimes it was really hard. Building games with dozens of brilliant, passionate alpha-geeks with their own red-hot instincts and perspectives can be pretty tricky. Coming to consensus about certain design decisions, story motifs, or courses of art direction takes a lot of communication, patience, and “give and take.” It stretches you. Sometimes it wasn’t all that pretty. But engaging with your teammates and collaborating through the potential quagmire of all that creative tension is where the real magic happens. It’s not just the decisions you come to—or even the final shape of the product you craft.… It’s bigger than that—and infinitely more important. True collaboration builds trust—and trust is the basis of all lasting relationships. With trust you build more than just a great product. You build a TRIBE…that can build anything. A family of craftsmen. That’s what Blizzard has been for me. My second family, through all of life’s ups and downs, it’s always been there. The great, geeky backdrop of my life. I don’t just mean “the job” or even the creative mission—but the people. The people who over and over lifted me up, believed in me—and pushed me to find my potential as both an artist and as a leader all these years. To my Blizzard brothers and sisters…I wish I had the words. Everything just sounds…trite. All I can think of is… You helped me believe in myself and achieve every one of my wildest dreams. I am forever grateful to you. I love you all with everything I’ve got. Thank you. And to all of you out there in Blizzard’s vast gaming community—those of you I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in person and all of you around the world I’ve only heard about—thank you. Thank you all for letting me be a special part of your community. For letting me belong with you. We’ve shared countless adventures together and I’ve always been overwhelmed and humbled by your passion for our games as well your commitment to each other. Thank you for all the BlizzCon hugs, smiles, handshakes, and stories over the years. You will never know how much you’ve all touched my heart and inspired me to give my all into this craft. With that said, I’ll try to get down to the point, here. I’ve come to a turn in the road. A new, far quieter chapter in my life looms ahead. I am retiring. Yup. Hangin’ up my guns. Clockin’ out. Takin’ the last gryphon out of Stormwind. You get the picture. Crazy, I know. It’s a massive change for me, but it’s one I’ve been looking forward to for a while now. It’s ironic given the fact that things have never been better or more energized at Blizzard. Just this year alone has been incredible. Legion’s arrival. The launch of Overwatch. The Warcraft feature film. I’ve never been more proud of Blizzard and the quality of its products than I am now. It’s remarkable that even after all these years we can still reach new heights and take the world for an amazing ride. I believe Blizzard’s future is brighter than ever. I won’t lie—it’s going to be really hard stepping away from these worlds that I love. But I’m content that I’m leaving them in the hands of the most passionate, talented, and dedicated craftsmen ever assembled. I can’t wait to see where Blizzard’s worlds go next—and to experience them first-hand like everyone else does. As a fan. As an adventurer. Right back to the start. That’s just so cool… The reason I use the word “retire” is because I’m not going to some other company or starting up new projects or anything remotely like that. It’s been a long, amazing stretch of years. Now it’s time to slow it down. Rest. Lay around on the couch and get fat. Well, fatter.… Seriously though, I’ll be focusing on the one thing that matters most to me in all the world—my family. They’re the core of my life and the source of my deepest joy and inspiration. In addition to raising our two little ones, we recently welcomed our new baby into the family! Being home with them all, having time and space to really live…to love my wife with all my strength…that’s my career now. And I’ve never been happier. Ever. :) Peace out, y’all. I love you all. I’ll see you online. - ChrisLylirra338 Dec 7
Nov 30 [PS4/XB1] Overwatch Patch Notes – December 1, 2016 A new patch is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Read below to learn about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: Arcade Fixed a bug that prevented Ana from being selected in 1v1 matches Heroes Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to receive Ultimate charge when using her Cadueus Staff to increase teammates’ damage when they’re not damaging enemiesJosh Engen0 Nov 30
Nov 30 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – November 30, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: Arcade Fixed a bug that prevented Ana from being selected in 1v1 matches Heroes Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to receive Ultimate charge when using her Cadueus Staff to increase teammates’ damage when they’re not damaging enemies Fixed a bug preventing Reinhardt from deactivating his Barrier Field after being hacked by Sombra Fixed a bug preventing Sombra’s Hack from cancelling Soldier: 76’s Sprint ability Sombra no longer receives credit toward her on-fire meter when her EMP ultimate hits Symmetra’s turrets When multiple Sombras attempt to hack a health pack, the player that initialized the hack first will now control it Fixed a bug preventing Sombra from seeing practice bots, whose health has fallen below 50%, through the walls on the Practice Range Fixed a bug preventing Sombra’s reticle from consistently expanding while firing her machine pistolJosh Engen0 Nov 30
Nov 17 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – November 16, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: General Fixed an issue which prevented players from saving their Graphics Quality settings when attempting to use the “Epic” preference (Options > Video) Fixed a bug that allowed healers to gain Ultimate charge more quickly than intendedJosh Engen0 Nov 17
Nov 15 [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – November 15, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Highlights General Updates Hero Balance Updates User Interface Updates Bug FixesJosh Engen5 Nov 15
Oct 20 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – October 20, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: Maps Fixed a bug that caused players to get stuck on the loading screen when entering Ilios and Lijiang TowerJosh Engen0 Oct 20
Oct 19 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – October 19, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: General Fixed an issue causing the default Overwatch spray to override a player’s chosen spray when watching a Play of the Game or Highlight Fixed an issue causing players to frequently disconnect while viewing Highlights Fixed a bug preventing the appropriate music from playing after a loss on the Junkenstein's Revenge Brawl Gameplay Fixed a bug causing multiple issues when displaying data on the leaderboards Heroes Fixed an issue preventing Ana’s Nano Boost callouts from being heard by the enemy team Fixed a bug preventing players from receiving credit toward the Healing Done commendation when healing D.Va’s mech Fixed a graphical issue that was preventing the liquid in Mei’s Endothermic Blaster from appearing Fixed a bug causing Reinhardt’s Charge to unexpectedly stop when crossing certain thresholds (e.g. when exiting a dropship) Increased the volume of Roadhog’s “Want some candy” voice line Map Fixed a bug on Eichenwalde that caused some textures to stretch across the map for some playersJosh Engen0 Oct 19
Oct 10 [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – October 11, 2016 A new patch is now live. Read below to learn about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Highlights General Updates Hero Balance Updates User Interface Updates Bug FixesJosh Engen5 Oct 10
Oct 3 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – September 30, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from being able to rejoin a match after being disconnected Slightly extended the amount of time that players have to rejoin an in-progress match when disconnectedJosh Engen0 Oct 3
Sep 23 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – September 23, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: Fixed an issue that was incorrectly displaying a top 500 icon for certain players, even though they had not yet broken into the top 500Josh Engen0 Sep 23
Sep 13 [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – September 13, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. GENERAL UPDATES General Players should now see fewer Plays of the Game featuring Mercy’s Resurrection ability Increased payload speed on Eichenwalde USER INTERFACE UPDATES General A new Competitive Tier legend has been added to the Competitive Play info screen A new Match Complete splash screen has replaced the former Round Complete splash screen in competitive matches BUG FIXES General Fixed a bug which prevented the Triple Kill announcement from being played after a kill streak of 3 or more Fixed several issues causing some players obtain a skill rating that's higher than their actual rating Note: A very small number of people were affected by these issues, but those who were affected will have their skill rating adjusted appropriately Heroes Fixed a bug causing the wrong arrow to be shown on Hanzo's bow, or disappear entirely (the correct arrow would still be fired) Fixed a bug preventing Junkrat’s RIP-Tire from receiving credit for kills, achievements, and other stats Maps Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on HollywoodJosh Engen0 Sep 13
Sep 2 Additional Info re: Season 2 Time Bank Changes If you watched our latest developer update, then you know we've got a lot of changes planned for Competitive Play in Season 2. While these changes can be found in our PTR patch notes, we wanted to provide a few more details about the adjustments we're making to Overwatch's game modes—specifically regarding how our updated "time bank" system will work. If you’re not familiar with the time bank system, here’s a quick overview: If a competitive match is tied after both teams have played one round attacking and one defending, the time bank system will initiate a new attack/defend rotation, giving teams a chance to break the tie. The amount of time that each team will have for their second round on attack depends on how much time was left on the clock at the end of the previous round. With the removal of Sudden Death, matches can now result in a draw (with both teams gaining a small amount of Competitive Points, but no adjustments made to Skill Rating). As a result, we're looking to adapt the time bank system we've been using in Competitive Play for our Assault maps in Season 1 and adding it to both our Escort and Assault/Escort hybrid maps in Season 2. We've also made some refinements to the system as a whole, with the goal of keeping match draws as rare as possible. Here's a full breakdown of how the system will work for each game mode: Escort Maps (Dorado, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar): In cases where both teams end a rotation having played on both attack and defend, and both teams have escorted the payload to the final objective, we examine their remaining time: If both Team A and Team B have at least 60 seconds of time remaining, then a new rotation begins with both teams playing a round on attack with their remaining time. If either team or both teams have less than 60 seconds remaining, then the team with the least remaining time is granted additional time to bring their new total to 60 seconds. The other team receives the same amount of added time. A new rotation then begins with both teams playing a round on attack with their remaining time. Whenever a new map rotation starts and both teams are going to play, then the team with the least time remaining starts the next rotation on attack. For the second and additional rotations, no bonus time is added when the payload reaches a checkpoint. Assault Maps (Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries): In cases where both teams end a rotation having played on both attack and defend with the scored tied, we examine their remaining time: If both Team A and Team B have 0 remaining time, then the match results in a DRAW. If both Team A and Team B have at least 60 seconds of time remaining, then a new rotation begins with both teams playing a round on attack with their remaining time. If Team A has less than 60 seconds of time but greater than 0 seconds, and Team B has at least 60 seconds of time, then a new rotation begins. Team A is granted additional time to increase their remaining time to 60 seconds, and Team B is also granted the same amount of additional time to their bank. If Team A has 0 remaining time, and team B has at least 60 seconds of time, then team B plays a final round on attack with their remaining time. If Team B can take the first map objective during their remaining time, they win. If they do not, the match results in a DRAW. If both Team A and Team B have less than 60 seconds of time remaining, then a new rotation begins, but it is the final rotation for both teams—even in the rare case a team could take both map objectives in less than a minute. The team with the smallest amount of remaining time is granted additional time to increase their remaining time to 60 seconds, and the other team is also granted the same amount of additional time. Whenever a new map rotation starts and both teams are going to play, then the team with the least time remaining starts the next rotation on attack. When a team on attack takes the first map objective, they now receive 4 minutes of additional time during the first team rotation and 30 seconds during subsequent rotations. Assault/Escort Maps (Hollywood, King's Row, and Numbani): In cases where both teams end a rotation having played on both attack and defend and neither team took the first map objective, then the match results in a DRAW. In cases where both teams end a rotation having played on both attack and defend, and both teams have escorted the payload to the final objective, we examine their remaining time: If both Team A and Team B have 0 remaining time, then the match results in a DRAW. If both Team A and Team B have at least 60 seconds of time remaining, then a new rotation begins with both teams playing a round on attack with their remaining time. If Team A has less than 60 seconds of time but greater than 0 seconds, and Team B has at least 60 seconds of time, then a new rotation begins. Team A is granted additional time to increase their remaining time to 60 seconds, and Team B is also granted the same amount of additional time to their bank. If Team A has 0 remaining time, and team B has at least 60 seconds of time, then team B plays a final round on attack with their remaining time. If Team B can take the first map objective during their remaining time, they win. If they do not, the match results in a DRAW. If both Team A and Team B have less than 60 seconds of time remaining, then a new rotation begins, but it is the final rotation for both teams—even in the rare case a team could take both map objectives in less than a minute. The team with the smallest amount of remaining time is granted additional time to increase their remaining time to 60 seconds, and the other team is also granted the same amount of additional time. Whenever a new map rotation starts and both teams are going to play, then the team with the least time remaining starts the next rotation on attack. For the second and additional rotations, no bonus time is added when a team takes the first map objective or the payload reaches a checkpoint. These updates are available for testing right now on the PTR (along with all the other changes we've made to Season 2), and we encourage you to play a few matches and share your feedback with us! To learn how to participate in the PTR, click here. We'll also continue to keep an eye on Competitive Play throughout next season, and will make additional revisions and refinements to the time bank system if needed. Thanks so much for your support, and for helping us make Overwatch an even better game!Lylirra64 Sep 2
Sep 2 [PS4] Overwatch Patch Notes – September 2, 2016 A new patch is now live on PlayStation 4. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Highlights General Updates Hero & Map Balance Updates User Interface Updates Bug Fixes Please note that many of these changes have already been implemented on PC and Xbox One in a previous patch.Lylirra5 Sep 2
Sep 1 [PC/XB1] Overwatch Patch Notes – September 1, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Highlights General Updates Hero & Map Balance Updates User Interface Updates Bug Fixes Please note that many of these changes will be implemented on PlayStation 4 in an upcoming patch.Lylirra5 Sep 1
Aug 30 Heads Up: Skill Rating Change on PTR In Season 2 of Competitive Play, we're making some key adjustments to our Skill Rating system. If you've read through the PTR patch notes, you already know that the system’s scale has been expanded from 1-100 to 1-5000, and we've created seven discrete skill tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, and Grandmaster). Together, these changes should make it easier for players to identify and compare skill levels in Overwatch. Along with these changes, we've also been making adjustments to the formulas that are used to calculate Skill Rating, ensure fair matches, and accurately place players in the appropriate tier. Today, we're implementing one such change, which should result in fewer players being placed into tiers that are above their actual Skill Rating after completing their placement matches. After this change is made on the PTR sometime today, the amount of Skill Rating that is gained or lost will probably look a little abnormal for quite a few matches. Don’t worry. This is just a side effect of the adjustments, and it will even out after your Skill Rating adjusts to the new system. This abnormal rating will only occur on PTR, and it will not be an issue when Season 2 is launched on the live servers. We appreciate the continued testing of Competitive Play on PTR by the community—it’s been a tremendous help for us as we work together to improve Overwatch. Thank you!Scott Mercer0 Aug 30
Aug 24 PTR Update I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on whats been going on the PTR as far as hero changes are concerned. We just updated the build so feel free to jump on and check it out, but there is a quick change list of what's changed in this update and in the last few days. Quick melee has changed a bit so that it should feel more consistent with other abilities. The general philosophy here is that quick melee shouldn't interrupt abilities and visa versa. There are a few exceptions to this rule. Quick movement abilities such as Tracer's Blink, Pharah's Jet Boost or Winston's Leap can work while quick melee is firing, so it isn't canceled in those cases. Ultimate abilities should now all cancel quick melee, since they are more rare special abilities that should have a higher priority. Hanzo is feeling great on the PTR, and a lot of people have given feedback that he might now be too strong with these changes. The goal of these changes is to allow Hanzo players to feel like they have more control over their shots, and skilled Hanzo players can be much more consistent. While this is certainly true now, it might be a bit too easy to land very powerful shots with the combination of his new projectile speed and his old projectile size. So we've lowered his projectile size by 33% in the update that just went out. Overall Hanzo should still feel much better than he does on live, but check him out with this change and keep sending feedback! The last change was to Soldier: 76's weapon. In the latest update today, you'll find that his weapon spread behaves a bit differently. In general, you'll notice the weapon starts it's spread a bit earlier but recovers the spread much more quickly. The net result of these changes should improve his effectiveness when burst-firing his weapon, and helps get back into a more accurate state quickly when you've hit max spread. The end result should increase his effectiveness at longer ranges. Most of these changes just went up about 30 minutes ago so feel free to jump onto the PTR and give feedback! Thanks everyone.Geoff Goodman0 Aug 24
Aug 23 The Summer Games Are Coming to an End During the month of August, players have been enjoying Overwatch's first seasonal event. With the festivities winding down, we wanted to give you a few details about the end of Summer Games. After 4pm PT on August 23, the Summer Games collection will head back into the vault, and our standard Loot Boxes will reappear. Anyone who has unopened Summer Games Loot Boxes after this time will still be able to open them and get Summer Games loot, while Loot Boxes that are earned or purchased after 4pm PT on August 23 will contain items from our standard selection. (Note: the Loot Box transition will happen at 8pm PT today for PlayStation 4 players in Japan.) The Estádio das Rãs, home of Lúcioball, will also be closing its doors at 4pm tomorrow, so be sure rack up a few last-minute goals before then. We hope you’ve enjoyed the Summer Games, and we're looking forward to the future of seasonal events like this. Thank you for all of the feedback you’ve provided us, and we hope to keep improving season after season. Thanks for joining us in Rio, heroes!Josh Engen0 Aug 23
Aug 22 Eichenwalde on the PTR Eichenwalde is now available for testing on the PTR. The map has been added to the Quick Play and Competitive rotations. We've also added a Brawl that specifically focuses on Eichenwalde (for those who just want to test the new map). Two new skins for Reinhardt will also be available on the PTR for your testing. Thank you.Jeff Kaplan0 Aug 22
Aug 19 Incoming PTR Player Ranking Wipe We recently uncovered an issue with our matchmaking system on the PTR, which was creating imbalanced games for players who were in the process of completing their Season 2 placement matches. We've created a fix that should improve the placement experience for everyone who's been helping us test, but in order to make sure it works, we'll need to reset player progression on the PTR. This means that anyone who has already completed their PTR placement matches will have their skill rating reset, along with their current skill tier. It'll be just like the beginning of a brand new Competitive Play season. The next time you log in to the PTR, the Season 2 banner will appear, and you'll be able to complete your placement matches once again. Additionally, player levels, loot boxes, and any unlockable items that have been collected since Tuesday will also be reset. We're planning to reset the PTR servers today (Friday, August 19) at 4pm PT/7pm ET. Please note that this reset is isolated to the PTR and will NOT affect your live account in any way. For more information about Season 2, and to find out how to participate in the Overwatch PTR, click here. Thanks!Lylirra0 Aug 19
Aug 17 Season 1 Ends Today! UPDATE August 18 @ 6pm PDT: Season 1 of Competitive Play has officially come to a close. Well played, heroes! You have proven your worth on the battlefield. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- At 4pm PDT today, Competitive Play will be disabled for all players in all regions and platforms. Shortly after, around 5pm PDT, you will receive a pop-up message with a summary of how you performed in Season 1, along with your hard-earned end-of-season rewards (more info here). Note that players who are logged in at the time the season ends will receive this pop-up notification even if they happen to be playing a game at the time. We know this isn’t ideal, but we wanted to give you a heads-up and let you know we’re working on addressing that for next season. Season 2 is just around the corner, so take some time to learn about what’s coming with our "Upcoming Season 2 Changes" developer update, "Additional Info re: Season 2 Time Bank Changes" forum post, and official PTR patch notes. We’d like to thank you for all the feedback we received about the first season of Competitive Play. It was incredibly valuable, and we hope you’ll continue to let us know what you think. Use the next two weeks to rest up and perfect some new strategies. Season 2 starts on September 6!Jeff Kaplan0 Aug 17
Aug 16 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – August 16, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. BUG FIXES: Fixed a bug that was blocking spectator cameras from passing through some doors and force fieldsLylirra0 Aug 16
Aug 16 [PS4/XB1] Overwatch Patch Notes – August 18, 2016 A new patch is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. MAP BALANCE UPDATES Respawn time for defenders has been standardized to 10 seconds on all maps Payload speed has been slightly reduced on Watchpoint: Gibraltar BUG FIXES General Fixed a bug causing incomplete character models to load on the Hero Selection screen Fixed a number of bugs causing various crashes and instability issues Competitive Play Fixed a bug that prevented user interface elements from displaying in some languages Fixed a bug that caused the placement matches screen to display when some players would disconnect and rejoin a match Fixed a bug that was blocking spectator cameras from passing through some doors and force fields Maps Estádio das Rãs Fixed a bug that allowed players to spawn as heroes other than Lúcio Nepal Fixed an issue which allowed players to get stuck outside the normal boundaries of the map Temple of Anubis Fixed a bug causing a portion of the city wall to display incorrectly on all graphics settings User Interface Fixed a bug that caused group indicator links to appear between a player and an empty player spot when the scoreboard was accessed during a match Please note that many of these changes have already been implemented on PC in a previous patch.Lylirra0 Aug 16
Aug 10 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – August 9, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. MAP BALANCE UPDATES Respawn time for defenders has been standardized to 10 seconds on all maps Payload speed has been slightly reduced on Watchpoint: Gibraltar BUG FIXES General Fixed a bug causing incomplete character models to load on the Hero Selection screen Fixed a number of bugs causing various crashes and instability issues Competitive Play Fixed a bug that prevented user interface elements from displaying in some languages Fixed a bug that caused the placement matches screen to display when some players would disconnect and rejoin a match Maps Estádio das Rãs Fixed a bug that allowed players to spawn as heroes other than Lúcio Nepal Fixed an issue which allowed players to get stuck outside the normal boundaries of the map Temple of Anubis Fixed a bug causing a portion of the city wall to display incorrectly on all graphics settingsLylirra0 Aug 10
Aug 5 Season 1 Ending Soon Lylirra0 Aug 5
Aug 2 Tutorial/Practice Range/Custom Games Offline Update 8:45 p.m. PT: Our fix is now live! The Tutorial, Practice Range, and Custom Games are now available once again. ------------------------------------------------- Hey everyone, This morning, we uncovered a bug that was preventing some players from being able to join the Tutorial, Practice Range, and Custom Game modes. We’ve addressed the bug internally, but in order to implement and then roll out the fix to all players, we've temporarily disabled all three game modes until further notice. This downtime should only last for a few hours (hopefully less), but it will affect all regions and platforms. Once the Tutorial, Practice Range, and Custom Games modes have been re-enabled, we'll continue to watch for any ongoing issues, and will provide additional updates in this thread if any further action will need to be taken. Apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience!Lylirra0 Aug 2
Aug 2 "Progress loss on PS4" - UPDATE Lylirra20 Aug 2
Aug 2 [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – August 2, 2016 A new patch is now live on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: All Platforms Console-Specific Changes Important: If you are experiencing technical issues with the patching process, connecting to Battle.net after installing the patch, or errors while playing a newly-patched game, please visit our support site, post in the Technical Support forum, or contact @BlizzardCS for assistance.Lylirra2 Aug 2
Jul 29 Overwatch Top 500 Now Live Lylirra0 Jul 29
Jul 26 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 26, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. HERO BALANCE UPDATES Ana Biotic Rifle Rate of fire increased by 20% Magazine size increased from 8 to 10 Developer Comments: While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output. McCree Peacemaker Primary Fire Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters Damage falloff amount is unchanged As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch Alternate Fire Rate of fire increased by 15% Flashbang Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds Developer Comments: McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang. BUG FIXES Heroes Targets of Ana’s Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds) User Interface Fixed UI compatibility issues for ATI cards Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lúcio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear) Lylirra0 Jul 26
Jul 23 Competitive Play Hero Limit on PTR If you’ve already looked over the PTR patch notes, you probably noticed that we’re experimenting with hero limits in Competitive Play. That’s obviously a big change, and one that’s bound to spark a lot of conversation, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some background and explain why we’re considering it. Why Add a Hero Limit? We’ve been discussing the idea of hero limits for almost as long as Overwatch has been in development. It’s been somewhat of a controversial topic, but we’ve always liked giving players the freedom to select any hero, regardless of the team’s composition, because it opened up the possibility for tons of crazy strategies and match-ups. In Quick Play, where things are intended to be more relaxed, this is fine. But in Competitive Play, we feel that hero stacking is becoming detrimental and leading to some not-so-great player experiences. For example, we’ve seen organized teams on Assault and Hybrid maps use hero stacking to overtake the first point before the defense has a chance to counter. We’ve also seen players use specific stacked compositions just to frustrate their opponents or cause indefinite delays in overtime (among other strategies). While this kind of thing is certainly possible in any mode, the higher stakes of Competitive Play means these kinds of tactics were popping up more often than anyone would like. Ultimately, we found that we agreed with a lot of the community’s feedback and believe that hero stacking is making the game less fun for competitive players. So, What Next? Once we decide that a system isn’t working, we try to fix it as soon as possible. Luckily, this was a relatively simple change for us to make, so today’s PTR includes a mechanic that limits the number of each hero in a Competitive Play match to one per team. If the change addresses the problems like we’re hoping it does, we’ll roll it into the upcoming PC, PS4, and XB1 patches once our public testing is complete. If not, we’ll hold off and explore other possible solutions. If you have a chance to check out the PTR and the new hero limit in Competitive Play, we hope you’ll discuss your experience with us. To find out how you can access the PTR and/or read the latest patch notes, click here. We’re looking forward to hearing what you think!Jeff Kaplan500 Jul 23
Jul 22 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 21, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that some of these changes may be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. GENERAL UPDATES Competitive Play Attacking teams now have 4 minutes to capture the first point on Assault maps (down from 5 minutes) Miscellaneous The “You Are Not Prepared” spray and player icon is now available for all players BUG FIXES Heroes The correct hit pip sound will now play whenever one of Ana’s darts impact with a barrier All of Ana’s in-game sounds now have proper occlusion User Interface Fixed a bug that caused “Attack” and “Defend” indicators to not always display on the hero select screen Fixed a bug that caused the scoreboard (default: Tab) to sometimes display the wrong stats if you switched hero mid-match Fixed a bug in Competitive Play that caused the numbers on the post-match skill rating bar to not increment correctly Lylirra0 Jul 22
Jul 21 [XB1] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 21, 2016 A new patch is now live on Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Features General Updates Hero Balance Updates User Interface Updates Bug Fixes Please note that the following changes only apply to Xbox One. Many of these changes have already been implemented on PC and PlayStation 4 in previous patches.Lylirra5 Jul 21
Jul 21 [PS4] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 21, 2016 A new patch is now live on PlayStation 4. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Features General Updates Hero Balance Updates User Interface Updates Bug Fixes Please note that the following changes only apply to PlayStation 4. Many of these changes have already been implemented on PC in previous patches or will be implemented on Xbox One in an upcoming patch.Lylirra5 Jul 21
Jul 18 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 19, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Features General Updates Hero Balance Updates User Interface Updates Bug Fixes Please note that many of these changes will be implemented on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in an upcoming patch. Important: If you are experiencing technical issues with the patching process, connecting to Battle.net after installing the patch, or errors while playing a newly-patched game, please visit our support site, post in the Technical Support forum, or contact @BlizzardCS for assistance.Lylirra5 Jul 18
Jul 12 New Hero + Loot Box Reminder Lylirra0 Jul 12
Jul 8 [PS4/XB1] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 8, 2016 A new patch is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. GENERAL Competitive Play The duration of Sudden Death has been adjusted across all maps from 1m45s to the following values: Assault: Hanamura – 1m35s Temple of Anubis – 1m30s Volskaya Industries – 1m35s Escort: Dorado – 1m30s Route 66 – 1m35s Watchpoint: Gibraltar – 1m35s Hybrid: King’s Row – 1m30s Numbani – 1m50s Note: Sudden Death duration is unchanged for Hollywood and remains at 1m45s Please note that these changes have already been implemented on PC in a previous patch.Lylirra0 Jul 8
Jul 6 [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 6, 2016 A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. Please note that many of the changes marked as [PC Only] will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date. GENERAL Competitive Play [PC Only] The duration of Sudden Death has been adjusted across all maps from 1m45s to the following values: Assault: Hanamura – 1m35s Temple of Anubis – 1m30s Volskaya Industries – 1m35s Escort: Dorado – 1m30s Route 66 – 1m35s Watchpoint: Gibraltar – 1m35s Hybrid: King’s Row – 1m30s Numbani – 1m50s Note: Sudden Death duration is unchanged for Hollywood and remains at 1m45s BUG FIXES General [PC Only] Fixed a bug that prevented Overtime music from playing on Escort and Assault/Escort maps, if the payload was nearing the final checkpoint [PC Only] Fixed a bug where display settings weren’t always saved after restarting the client [PC Only] Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the in-game UI to display incorrectly at 4k resolutions [PC Only] Fixed a bug where sometimes the wrong player level would appear in the Social menu Maps [PC Only] Fixed an issue with collision not blocking line of sight on certain areas of Nepal Heroes [PC Only] Fixed a bug that caused Mercy’s Caduceus Staff beam to disconnect from its target if the player a) quickly switched between healing and damage beams by holding down both mouse buttons and/or b) was facing away from the target at the time of the switch [PC Only] Fixed even more bugs that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps [PC Only] Fixed a bug that caused Winston’s melee attack during Primal Rage to inconsistently hit targets in range [PC Only] Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Zarya’s alternate fire to scale incorrectly with her damage boost modifier Competitive Play [PC Only] Fixed a bug that caused the “Top 500” icon to incorrectly display for certain players in various places throughout the game UI Fixed an issue where if you left and rejoined an in-progress Competitive Play match, the game would still track the match as a loss in your placement match history and when determining the amount of Skill Rating you receive for completing a match even if your team won Note: You must be present for the conclusion of the match to be eligible for the win. If you leave a match and do not rejoin again before it’s over, it will count as a loss both in placement match history and when calculating your Skill Rating adjustment. Fixed an issue where you would still receive a Competitive Play “leave” penalty even if you rejoined a match and completed it Note: If you leave a single Competitive Play match more than 3 times, you will receive a Competitive Play “leave” penalty even if you complete the match. Lylirra0 Jul 6
Jul 2 Re: Coin Flip/Sudden Death in Competitive Play Jeff Kaplan500 Jul 2
Jul 1 Competitive Play Control Map Skill Rating Fix Lylirra0 Jul 1
Jun 28 Connectivity Issues - June 28, 2016 (UPDATE) UPDATE (6/28 @ 5:30 p.m. PT): Latency and connectivity issues appear to been resolved for most players. For further updates, follow @BlizzardCS on Twitter. ----------------- We're currently monitoring an in-progress denial of service (DDOS) attack against network providers which is affecting latency and connection to our games. While we are doing all that we can to help mitigate the effects of this attack, please note that resulting disconnections can count towards your in-game leaver penalty. Because of this, we encourage players who are impacted to refrain from queuing for Competitive Play until the service can become more stable. Those who to chose to continue playing will be doing so at their own risk. We apologize for any inconvenience! Thanks for your patience in the meantime. We'll be providing updates as they become available.Lylirra0 Jun 28
Jun 28 Competitive Play Patch Update Lylirra0 Jun 28
Jun 28 [PS4] Overwatch Patch Notes – July 1, 2016 A new patch is now live on PlayStation 4. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Features General Updates Hero Balance Changes Bug Fixes Please note that the following changes only apply to PlayStation 4. Many of these changes have already been implemented on PC and Xbox One in previous patches.Lylirra4 Jun 28
Jun 27 Blizzard Responses | June 20 - 27, 2016 Greetings, heroes! Below is a list of responses posted by our development and support teams on the official Overwatch forums and unofficial Overwatch sub-reddit. Please note that this list only features a selection of responses from 6/20 - 6/27 and may not include all posts made in the last week. Clarifications & Insights: Personal thoughts and philosophies behind how matchmaking works. Although we disabled the "Avoid this Player" functionality, we'll continue to iterate and improve on features that will help players reduce in-game toxicity and harassment. Why is there no fall damage in Overwatch? Your BattleTag does not impact your queue times. Sudden Death and Coin Flip will both launch with Competitive Play. These systems will remain in place for the Summer season, but will be removed in the following Fall season. The "time bank" system will also be added to Escort and Hybrid Maps. Why does the development team prefer "time bank" to "stopwatch" for competitive match formats? Roadhog's hook won't have a golden variation at the release of Competitive Play, but it will be gilded in a future patch. Why can't Soldier: 76's Ultimate (Tactical Visor) headshot targets? We're already working on new maps. No ETA, but when we release new maps, they'll be patched in for free. We're always working on new game modes and map types, but many don't make it past the prototyping phase. Does the development team analyze stats from community tournaments? Map & Hero Balance: We're looking to reduce Torbjörn's turret damage on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only in an upcoming console patch. ETA is mid- to late July (give or take). We're still keeping an eye on McCree's performance following our first balance patch and will continue to make changes, as needed, to make sure he remains viable. Suggestions & Feature Requests: We're working on 21:9 support. ETA is late July (give or take). When looking at ways to improve Competitive Play in the future, we'll consider adding names like Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum (etc) to skill rating brackets. We love the idea of letting players enable localized VO for certain heroes (i.e. Widowmaker uses French localization, Reinhardt uses German localization), but we're not sure if it's possible. We're looking into it! We're very interested in allowing players to gift copies of Overwatch, but it's not a high priority right now. We're looking at ways to feature "Mystery Heroes" more often, or make it a more permanent fixture. Bugs & Technical Issues: We're looking into issues preventing players in the Americas region from being matched into local servers for ANZ, Brazil, and Singapore. Being able to spam objective call-outs (i.e. "Stop the payload!") is a bug. We're working on a fix for a future patch. We're looking into "Unexpected Server Error Occurred" reports from the PTR. The Top 500 icon is not working correctly on the PTR, but it will be fixed for the release of Competitive Play.Lylirra0 Jun 27
Jun 27 [XB1] Overwatch Patch Notes – June 30, 2016 A new patch is now live on Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Features General Updates Hero Balance Changes Bug Fixes Please note that the following changes only apply to Xbox One. Many of these changes have already been implemented on PC in previous patches or will be implemented on PlayStation 4 in an upcoming patch.Lylirra4 Jun 27
Jun 27 [PC] Overwatch Patch Notes – June 28, 2016 A new patch is now live on Widows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Features General Updates Bug Fixes Please note that many of these changes will be implemented on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in an upcoming patch. Important: If you are experiencing technical issues with the patching process, connecting to Battle.net after installing the patch, or errors while playing a newly-patched game, please visit our support site, post in the Technical Support forum, or contact @BlizzardCS for assistance.Lylirra3 Jun 27