Bug Report

Dec 10 Known Issues List 2016/1/12 Disclaimer: This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting this build of Overwatch, rather this is a compiled list of issue we suspect will either affect a large group of individuals or have the potential to be highly impactful. These issues may be addressed at a later date via a client patch or hotfix. Known Bugs General If you accept a group invite from someone on your team, the UI incorrectly states you are "Leaving your game" Killcam and Play of the Games do not display correctly if you are pulled into a match while watching a Highlight Competitive If you move from Party Chat to Team Chat during a game, you will not be placed back in Party Chat after the match ends Heroes Ana: Heroes hit by Sleep Dart may have animation issues when hit by other abilities Ana: When thrown straight up in the air, Biotic Grenade may despawn before making it back down to the ground Ana: The injection sound effect for successfully hitting an ally with your rifle is not playing D.Va: Eject effects can display after D.va has already exited her mech Mei: Cryo-Freeze does not clear the debuff from Ana's Biotic Grenade Pharah's Concussive Blast does not currently display a kill feed icon Reaper: The sound effect from Hellfire shotguns may place twice in some situations Roadhog is able to pull moving Heroes to the side him in some situations If Sombra uses Translocator just as her Thermoptic Camo timer expires, the beacon may not be tossed out The Golden skin for Sombra's Machine Pistol is missing sparkle effects when viewed in the Hero Gallery Symmetra's primary fire can inadvertently target Mei's Ice Wall If Symmetra cancels her Shield Generator placement, when reactivating the Ultimate it will default to the Teleporter Tracer's "Clock's Tickin'" spray does not match the thumb nail in Hero Gallery Winston's health bar can be obscured while he is standing for his Primal Rage Ultimate Zarya: Kill credit is not received when using Graviton Surge to pull players off a ledge to their death Players killed by Zarya's Graviton Surge may have their Kill Cam move erratically Nutcracker Zenyatta does not receive a golden glow when using Transcendence A.I. Bots can path into traffic and die on Oasis Maps In certain situations, the jumppad on Oasis can launch players higher than intended Common Problems "I can only hear sound one one side of my headphones..." Dolby Atmos is designed for use stereo headphones, but some modern headsets attempt to simulate surround using their own software which can result in various conflicting behaviors. Try disabling supplementary audio software utilities, and if that does not resolve the issue create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines. "Mei's left click causes a crash in-game and in kill cams..." The particle effect emitted can cause issues on certain graphics cards if they are not using the most up-to-date drivers. Try updating your drivers the the latest version, and if the issue persists start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines. "Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match..." Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines. "I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency..." This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines. "When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible." It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.Sammidge0 Dec 10
May 23 Bug Report Forum Guidelines Welcome to the Overwatch Bug Report forum! The primary function of this forum is to collect reports on issues currently affecting Overwatch. Our goal is that this forum will become an extremely valuable tool to the development team, allowing all of us to help make Overwatch the best game it can be. My name is Max Thompson, and I am the Test Lead for Overwatch. My team and I will be monitoring this forum continuously, looking for new issues and then adding them to our bug tracking database. We will also move some threads over to the Tech Support Forum if we believe your issue may related to your personal setup as opposed to the Overwatch client itself. While you may not see me post here very often, please know that your reports are read and appreciated. In the event that the amount of information in a bug report proves to be insufficient during our investigation, you will see me ask for additional information (like your hardware configuration or what time you encountered a specific issue)—so keep an eye out! Please keep all posts on topic. This means threads should center around bug reports, workarounds, and discussion of gameplay impacting issues. Game discussions, criticism, or commentary should be posted in the General Discussion forum. Technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues should be posted in the Tech Support forum. When providing information on a bug report, it is okay to post on an existing thread if your issue is exactly the same as the original post. If you are experiencing a similar issue with slight variations, please create your own topic. If you find multiple bugs, create a separate thread for each one. While this may seem tedious, it is essential to our workflow as it allows our internal tools track which specific bugs have been investigated and it helps us share the workload among our team. Do not hijack threads with your new topic. Posting an issue which is similar but different from the original topic means that your request may be missed or the original request ignored. Please post a subject with a clear summary of your issue. Starting posts with "I need help!" or "Can't play no matter what" only serves to make your issue harder to resolve. We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with technical issues, but posting in an abusive or disparaging manner will not be tolerated, and does not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. Please do not post direct contact info for other companies. It is acceptable to post links to websites where contact info can be found, but posting the information here on the forum is not permitted. As always, community forums work best when all participants treat each other with respect and courtesy. We ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Thank you for playing Overwatch, and thank you for helping us improve Ovewrwatch for others. Have fun, heroes, and good luck!Max Thompson0 May 23
9m Removed From Match Due to Inactivity I was in a Brawl match and at first was playing Widow. I had fired off shots, but was standing wait around for a clear shot. But I was active, moving and still firing off one or two within a few seconds of each other. I was given a warning for inactivity despite all of that. During the next round, I switch characters and was emoting, moving around as we waited. I ran out of spawn as the match started and was still kicked from the game for inactivity. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I was still kicked even though I was participating.Cinnamon0 9m
19m Match Complete Suspention? At the Match Complete screen i quicky quit the game. Came back in a few minutes and I see that I have a Ranked suspention for 30 minutes. WHY?rindeeeer1 19m
22m Pharah & Gravity Issues Over the last few weeks, every time I am Pharah, no matter the map or time of day, I get the bug where if I try to hover or use the jet-boosted jump, after a second gravity pulls her back to the ground as if she was never flying to begin with. So I am unable to use my hover nor depend on my jet-boost jump, because I just keep getting sent to the ground automatically.arsonist41 22m
34m Unable to Reconnect to Competitive Game I was in the middle of sudden death without having any problems all game (or my entire time playing this game for that matter) and I randomly got disconnected. "Unable to find game server". I had no trouble logging back in, which took less than 30 seconds, I was unable to rejoin game. I was playing with a friend and he was still in the game when it happened. The match did not end and I had no way of getting back in. I was even able to queue for a new comp match. Has anyone else experienced this? I have no idea why it happened and am afraid it will happen again.Blastenburg328 34m
47m Competitive disconnect at loading screen, unable to rejoin Disconnected from competitive game at startup, reached loading screen but didn't enter game even though internet was completely fine, was still chatting on Battle.net at that time. Couldn't rejoin, was suspended for 10 minutes and lost 50SR as a result.Razoriel0 47m
51m Possible Mercy Wing Bug? On the Cobalt Mercy skin, the effect Mercy's wing shows when no wings are deployed is a light blue glow. This makes since, as the Cobalt Mercy skin features blue wings. However, on the Sigrun Mercy skin, the effect is blue, just like Cobalt, but the wings are the default Yellow. On the Valkyrie Mercy skin, the effect is the default yellow, but the wings are blue. I'm playing the XBOX One edition and have only noticed this in Hero Gallery, and I'm unsure if it occurs in other versions.HugeRez0 51m
58m Competitive Character selection bug I alt tabbed , heard the sound of a match found and i went back into the game with the loading screen, so what happened was that am on the character selection but i don't see any heroes and i had to leave so i got comp suspended and Lost some points http://prntscr.com/dwq5fwmasataka2 58m
1h Main Menu Screen Causes GPUs to Overheat For some reason, if Overwatch sits open on the main menu screen, my GPUs (2x 660ti in SLI) get dangerously hot (approaching 80 c). If I open a different screen (e.g. hero gallery), no issue. There are no overheating issues, however, when actually playing the game. The issue exists whether Overwatch is minimized or not (and minimizing it while in the hero gallery screen avoids the issue). Any ideas? Thanks!FrozenLizard2 1h
1h "Leave Game" button doesn't work reliably When you are just transitioning into the next game (timer for next game goes towards zero), the "Leave Game" button doesn't work all the time. Often you still get into the next queued game instead of dropping back to the main menu.ThisIsJustMe0 1h
1h Suspended and SR loss for game bug I was in the middle of a competitive match and as sides swapped the screen stayed on my character but I couldn't select my character or escape through the menu, so I had to close and re-open the game but when I came back I cant rejoin match and it says I'm suspended even though the game is ongoing and I've had a massive SR loss for it tooMarchioreo0 1h
2h "Failed to connect to server" Ban I searched for a game of Competitive and wasn't even put into a game, "Failed to connect to server." is at the bottom of my screen and I get a 10 minute ban and lose 50sr. Seriously infuriating because I wasn't even connected to a game to be disconnected. My internet is fine I haven't had issues all night. Not my fault. Unfair.Kaboomkitteh0 2h
2h Disconnect Problems and Penalties It happens twice! I am searching a competitive game, find it, and after showing the teams, I am sent to the first screen of the game with an option (Back to the game). So, my brothers at home are playing cs-go, lol, etc... But only me, playing overwatch, got disconnected??? Something is wrong in this game... So I took a 9 min penalty to play another game, and worst, I loose 50 points. Climbing in this game sucks a lot, then this game´s bugs work against you. (Also, this happens to some friends of mine too) Please Blizzard, stop messing us with these issues. I know you won´t give us points back, so "Get your !@#$ together"...jHendRickz1 2h
2h 2 times -50 mijn game crach now ik cant rejoin en i lose -50 2 times i want my poins back this suckTastic1 2h
3h Character interaction bug So,Blizz there's a bug in the Portuguese version of the game The interaction between Mccree and Junkrat is bugged McCree: I heard there's a nice reward for bringing you fellas in. Junkrat:(Doesn't say anything) Also Torb interaction with Mercy still buggedElfoFalaz0 3h
3h Sombra - "removed from group due to inactivity" Sombra - "removed from group due to inactivity" and I was hacking the med packs. Really? Hacking is inactivity?EARTHDRONE0 3h
3h So when Mei's Wall Glitch will be fixed? Sooo this glitch has probably been posted and discussed a thousand times, so I'm just gonna make sure that with another post about this glitch, so you guys know there are A LOT of unsatisfied people because of this and it's incredibly unfair. What surprises me the most is that this kind of glitch hasn't been fixed yet with the huge amount of attention it got. Seriously, this NEEDS to be fixed A.S.A.P. What the hell are your priorities Blizzard? Thank you. Edit: I am literally posting this in the name of other 7 friends who encouraged me to post about this again. Some of them say this has been going for about 2 weeks. Please do something, out of 6 games I played today on Ecopoint at least 4 had people using the stupid glitch. PS4 version.SnowByte184 3h
3h Can't rejoin competitive Whilst playing a competitive match i was sporadically disconnected and sent to the home menu. After attempting to rejoin nothing happened then my overwatch client shutdown. Upon restart of the client the rejoin game option was no longer available. Not sure if this would have any impact but my brother was in the same game and i had reopened the client the game was in between rounds.FrostyDog7 3h
3h 맵탈출버그 오버워치맵 감시기지에 맵탈출버그가 있습니다 공격첫번째기지에서 솜브라로 2층을 올라가서 윗쪽 바위에 큰 틈이있습니다 거기에 e를 쓰고바로 텔타면 걸쳐지는데 가기에서 한번더 똑같은 방법을 쓰면 벽에 껴요 그럼 점프를 몇번하면 맵에서 나가집니다 맵밖에서 쏘면 맵안에는 데미지 들어갑니다 이버그가 되는지 안되는지몰라서 빠른대전에서 한번 써봤습니다 정말죄송합니다 그래도 그버그를 써서 애들 학살은 안하고 데미지가 들어가는지 테스트만 했습니다CocaCola0 3h
3h Competitive timeout Hi Blizzard, Your game Overwatch is broken! My friends and I are frequent players and we are always playing competitive trying to increase our SR. This has happened to me several times were I will join a competitive match but randomly get disconnected! This is really annoying as I lose like 100 SR!!!! this makes it impossible to rank up! I demand that the developers fix this problem now as no one in the world could reconnect to a game in 10 seconds. I would appreciate it if I could get my SR back and If you could also extend the time someone has to even 1 minute!!!! This is bloody ridiculous! Please fix this as I wish to rank up to Diamond before this season ends!!!Grittiee1 3h
4h Icon Availability Glitch My friend (who doesn't have posting privileges as she's below 18 years of age) has an issue with her icons, to where some are unavailable to her, although they appear to be accessible to her by everyone on her friends list. Image proof as follows: https://i.gyazo.com/08e1fb172865cda38329a7eae420216a.jpg https://i.gyazo.com/be9e45902fe60d3486e9f96627428cdb.jpg Notice the selected candy cane icon. Is this a known bug? Thanks!BoredomKils6 4h
4h Joining game and loading loop When attempting to join a match (with a group I've been playing with), I've recently hit a loop of loading into the match. I get the loading screen, then I get sent to the main menu with the "Game found! Joining game" message, back to loading and so on. I was able to play a match after relogging into Battle.net, but after that match, I encountered the bug again. Hopefully this is helpful information.Aglimagli83 4h
5h No Connection to Game Server Recently i have been playing fine servers great no problem The game servers use to crash on me all the time now its back Blizzard Plz !@#$ing read this because i have been posting like crazy! and never got a replyTempest0 5h
5h Plats vs Bronze in competitive I just had a game in which my team consisted of 6 bronze players and the enemy team consisted of 2 platinum, 2 silver, and 2 bronze. The 2 platinum players were on a team. It was a complete stomp. We couldn't even get out of the starting area. I assume this is a bug as I don't know how else it might be possible that the teams would be so uneven. Skinywiener (SR 2565) and Frosty (SR 2722) were the two platinum players in the bronze game.TrueSeeker1 5h
6h Sombra Translocator Glitch If you throw your translocator below your feet or straight down, it won't let you translocate...Mochi0 6h
6h vc problem ;D i can't join vc ;D i tried reinstalling the game restarting the router checking the firewall change the output device change the settings in gameplay none of these worked ;DRice0 6h
6h suspension and no sound after choosing a hero there are suspensions after entering hero-choosing time, and there is also no sound. There is a small chance that this problem will be fixed automatically. If it is not fixed, this problem will last the whole game. This problem will appear every time I need to choose a hero and it will be fixed when I leave the game and enter the main menu. I can hardly play this game due to this problem. Is here anyone have the same problem and can help me?DaddyRick1 6h
6h Main screen, and loading screen match looping. I lost SR due to some server issue, I'm guessing. Please, I joined a rank game today @ 1/16/2017 about 11:30. It says the placement of the arena, like Route 66, or Hanamura. Then the screen and the game revert itself to the main game like where you can access loot boxes, hero gallery. It consistently flips to those two screen. As a result, I lost my SR, I was at 1808 now; I'm down to 1756. Please, Blizzard look into this. This same thing happen to my quick play game.Kazowa0 6h
7h Loot box drop rate issues Have been playing the game for a while now and have finally hit my second promotion. and i noticed something peculiar. there a certain characters in my roster which i do not have any skins and/or emotes for them. I have even purchased loot boxes with each event but i was not able to buy the skins i wanted. Mainly Junkrat is my issue since I have yet to get a single skin for him and i have purchased Lootboxes with every event.MysticDemon0 7h
7h Chat loses focus upon returning to the main menu If the game ends and you are returned to the main menu while typing in chat, then the chat input field loses focus. The focus is instead given to the main menu selection. If you keep on typing without noticing this, you will inevitably enter the highlights screen, and possibly even start the highlight. If the highlight is started, or you press escape, then the text field is cleared. The only way I've found to actually regain focus to the chat input is to click it with the mouse. Reproducible every time on: 1.6.2.1.34023A (Haven't tried the PTR) OS: Win 10Sandra0 7h
7h Sombra Translocator Bug. Sombra has this new bug since the "bug fix" Where when you translocate back to the translocator it consumes the cooldown and you dont move happend twice that last comp game and several time today.SpacePants9 7h
7h HUD Disappeared Hey guys, my HUD disappeared mid game and I am not sure what that is about but it resulted in me getting kicked for inactivity and then rejoining to a loss, it was also a ranked game so I feel quite hard done by, anyone else have this issue?CrabDip1 7h
7h D. Va Post-Eject Black Screen I have been encountering an issue where my screen will flash black with my hud still visible every so often after being ejected from D. Va's mech. It can be fatal at times due to the fact that it lasts anywhere from .5 sec to about 3 sec at times. Thanks!Necrotoxin1 7h
7h What is this? Lag? Fase Shift? Did i broke time? IDK https://youtu.be/oEGyfXnUejw This happened in my first days of play, keeps happening once in while (whit any hero)Tennter1 7h
7h cant connect to game server when loading a game it keeps looping on the screen where you see game tip.. plz fix this.. the game have been runing normally for me until now... cheers Unodien or does someone know how to fix this!!??Unodien1 7h
7h Competitive: Recieved Penalty after someone already left While in a competitive game, someone on our team left our game and the window popped up saying that if you leave after X seconds you will recieve no penalty but you will receive a loss. Well me and my friend I queued with left when it said we could and still lost ranks. Fix this please.Celosia2 7h
7h Match Complete and Graphics not loading Roadhogs hook is still broken and After the Match Complete Screen show up if you leave you still get a penalty. Also graphics fail to load 20% of the the timeKNIGHT0 7h
8h LMB Not Working (In Game) Hello all, for some reason on OW pc I can't click my left mouse button, (only in game) and I have been unable to play many characters, and suggestions?RaZeRMoose0 8h
8h Battle.net crashed, i lost SR Battle.net server crashed and i loat 50 SR. I went from 2676 to 2626 because of your servers :(. Would love to be able to get my rank up again with having to grind back.Squidge72210 8h
8h Lost rank with a win + 10 min Ban Won a game on Hanamura and when the PoTG was over, returned me to home screen and then brought me back into Hanamura and then back into the PoTG, then to the cards. After i returned back to the home screen again i checked my rank and i went from 3303 down to 3252. Keep in mind, we WON the game. And on top of that i now have a 10 min band from competitive.Xeton0 8h
8h Failing to switch weapons Hey, in any game when trying to switch weapons using either the 1/2 keys or the scroll wheel it will do the animation, show the weapon and then immediately switch back to the initial weapon (e.g. pressing 2 puts a gun in my hand and then switches back to the healing staff). Sometimes it will do the animation indicating a switch of weapons but will not switch weapons. I know that many other players experience this issue and it is not related to latency or my computer specifically however it isn't on the known issues list which surprised me.Mercy1 8h
8h Game Crashes When Joining Team Voice Chat I was just playing a ranked match on Watchpoint: Gibraltar and at the beginning of the match I went and tried to join voice chat, but as I did the game crashed. I started Overwatch up again and was placed back into the match as if nothing had happened but I as not in team chat. I tried again and the same thing happened. I finished the match (a loss because of this) and restarted my Overwatch. Not wanting to play another ranked because of this bug I went into a custom to see if it was just a one time thing. Of course it was not. In my custom game I tried a few times to join the game chat but each time I would try it would cause the game to "crash", but would put me back into the game when I start it up again like nothing had happened. Just wanted to let his bug be known because I will not be playing any more ranked until this is fixed or figured out.Tryka1 8h
8h [MAJOR] Sombra E not teleporting on use Happens randomly, but the translocator doesn't always teleport me when I use it. No apparent reason, and it's not lag, it just doesn't teleport me and has resulted in lost games.PainReliever11 8h
8h Sombras Translocator Sometimes Doesn't Work... Sometimes when i use sombra and try to use translocate when its still up, it does the animation but doesnt teleport, so i just get stuck where i wasFweezyGames0 8h
8h Banned from Comp Okay, my friend invited me to join to play comp, but I failed many times to try to connect. But when I restarted the game I was able to join but after the match I rejoined I was banned from the season. I am so tired of the servers not connecting me, I did not quit the match that was going on, but I am still punished for it.NativeJoe0 8h
8h Mei exploit in 3v3 still works I know this was supposedly patched, but I saw it again tonight. That exploit literally ruins the game mode, you cant kill them but they can kill you, or just wait out the clock EVERY SINGLE ROUND once they knew they werent going to win ( PSN gamertag ClAsH_SLoTH spent 4 rounds doing nothing but camping in that spot and taking pot shots at us when we were up 2-0 in 3v3). I have seen this used as a last ditch effort to get to the next round, but that dude seriously spent rounds 3-6 entirely in that glitched area.BT1605260 8h
9h Players from other Regions on American servers Hi - I believe this is a bug. I am an American player and I continue to get people that are from China or other countries that do not speak English. I am quite certain these players have their own servers and I would appreciate it if there was a region lock so that when I play competitive I don't have to play with a man down that doesn't communicate or contribute to team strategy.Griffon0 9h
9h Map won't load = kicked for inactivity This has happened five times in a row even after the game was loading up just fine before. Happened so many times that I got a leaves penalty. I didn't even have the option to leave, just kicked while the map was loading. Anyone else experience this?Useless120 9h
9h "Traveling to.." loop, stuck in loading screen. Bug? Hello, This is the second time this has happened in the past hour, I'm not sure if it's an issue with the servers or a bug. I tried to join a competitive game, and once the queue pops, I get into the loading screen. It says "Traveling to.. (map)", loads for 3-4 seconds, then kicks me back to the main menu. It then automatically tries to rejoin the game, says "traveling to..(map)", loads for 3-4 seconds, back to the main menu. Rinse and repeat. If I try to leave game and rejoin, it sends me to the loading screen, bugs out, and I end up getting kicked from the game/the game restarts. I then get locked out of matchmaking, and receive an SR penalty/rating loss. This is extremely frustrating, as I don't know what's causing it and it's dropping my rank/not even allowing me to play the game. See video below for example: http://plays.tv/video/587dab00ea7beac664/-rip-mmr-second-time-in-one-hour- Can anyone offer some advice or insight? I'm scared to jump back into ranked only for this to happen again and for me to drop another 150 SR/have an hour+ timeout. Thank you, MondoMondo0 9h