PTR Feedback

9m McCree: Two Rolls? There are plenty of threads on the forums about how McCree is underpowered when compared to other 200 health characters, and, honestly, I'm inclined to agree. With only 200 health, an inadequate escape ability, and an extreme falloff range, he is, without a doubt, slightly underpowered compared to some other characters. Other forumers (is that a word?)have suggested changes like giving him 50 extra health, or decreased cooldowns, or increasing the distance on his roll, or removing the falloff range. I think there's a better solution: Give McCree two rolls. This would solve the hos manueverability issue while not making him any more powerful in the long run. It would work in the same way Junkrat's mine now do, or Tracer's blinks do, in the sense that there would be two charges on the roll and you COULD use both tight after the other and have to wait for both to recharge, OR you could use one and have another in reserve. The cooldown for the ability would remain the same (it IS an instant-reload, after all), but it would allow McCree to be more manueverable, and therefore more usefull, while not making him overpowered in the hands of those who are skilled with him. (I also posted this suggestion in the General section of the Forum to try to get more responses)SiROSTRiKE15 9m
32m McCree's proposed buff While I do think that McCree isn't bad when compares from pre-buff McCree, he is stills depends on his gun or his ultimate the most. He stills has a problem on damage falloff and mobility which make Soldier: 76 much better choice in term of survivability. So I propose some buff to McCree which I try to make it fairness as much as possible. This won't push him into the same way as "McSniper" or "McFtH". McCree. Peacekeeper. • Damage falloff is changed from between 22 to 45 meters to between 25 to 45 meters (McSniper had 32 to 45 meters) ... Fan the Hammer • First shot deals 70 damage and each following shot is reduced by 10 damage respectively. • Total damage is 270 (70/60/50/40/30/20 compares to 45 per shot in live) ... Combat Roll. • Now has 2 charges. • Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds. • Perform Combat Roll within 5 seconds after the previous Roll will NOT reload the magazine. ... What's your opinion?ZIEMZEE1 32m
43m Crosshair opacity broken in PTR 1 min ago Here is my cross-hair with the same settings on PTR and Live. Please do not let this go live, I can't see the cross-hair and it looks horrible. PTR Version: http://imgur.com/a/oLIWf Live Version: http://imgur.com/a/W22oM Notice how the crosshair section is now a little seethrough on PTR compared to live. The settings are the exact same, yet the PTR one insists on being seethrough no matter what.Ryval8 43m
1h Remove kill indicators when you don't get the killing blow It can get really confusing when you've got a few people in one spot battling it out and you get a couple of elimination notifications, then see the feed and realize you didn't get any of the killing blows (all that matters in ffa). Yes, I realize you get credit for an assist that will come in to play as a tiebreaker, but in the heat of the moment I doubt anyone is keeping track of their assists. Either turn off the notification completely unless you get the killing blow, or maybe recolor the notification to something like white or blue if the person dies and you only get an assist.Aperture3 1h
1h Orisa Changes Are very good. Her gun feels satisfying now, which is a lot more important than raw viability in my eyes. Is she OP from change? No, she is actually still not very good. As long as tracer/genji are around dominating her design doesn't really have a chance. With these changes she is at least playable and not super frustrating.terrorshard15 1h
2h Roadhog's buff doesn't make it more viable Here's the thing : Roadhog's survivabilty, limiting his ability of being a beast, used to be his n°1 problem, and a buff in such aspect would've been quite OP a few months ago. Roadhog's problem were : - Survivability (induced by a huge hitbox, a lack of damage mitigation and of mobility) - Ult feeding, compensated by his ability of cutting a DPS mid ult in a TF, basically a ult charge "refund". That's pretty much it. And he was sitting at 49% WR, which is balanced. He was fun to play, easy to counter, was balanced, he was a true, complete, good character. But, with his nerf, Roadhog's problem priority changed totally. Roadhog now lacks of : - Either damage to secure kill and picks or/and abilites that help him protect his mates (n°1 priority by far, Roadhog is faaaaaaar from doing any of these correcly since the damage nerf) - Ult feeding - Survivability As you can see, ult feeding became more important than Survivability, for a simple reason : Roadhog can't kill anything as for now. Every ult point given to the ennemy team is basically free, no refunds possible. Survivability is indeed the last of RH's concerns as surviving a long time while being useless (which Roadhog pretty much is) still means being useless. Now, what does the actual buff offers Roadhog ? More survivability (and a complete dissonance with the character, who's an asmathic obese, yet runs normally while inhaling his breather) Noice, he can live longer ! But... what for ? He's only able not to kill nor protect anyone for longer. And no, it doesn't solve his problem of ult feeding at all. Indeed, 50% damage reduction means 50% less ult charge given, but it is only up 1/5 of the time at most. This doesn't change anything. Worse, it doesn't fill his most important problem by far : Roadhog has no identity. Roadhog is useless both as a DPS and as a Tank. He's a DPS who doesn't deal enough damage to get any picks, and a tank who can't protect anyone. This problem HAS to be fixed, else Roadhog will never be viable again. This is the main reason why he's, statistically, the worse character in the game. Now what are the options ? Either a revert of the changes, or a total rework into a true tank. There's no middle ground possible. But, no matter which direction Blizzard chooses, please, give him his old firerate back. This one feels awful and is completely off with Roadhog's design. It is the main reason why I stopped playing him. It isn't fun, it just makes Roadhog... laughable. Roadhog isn't fun to play anymore, and even if Blizzard manages to make him viable with the actuals tweaks they propose, he'll still be really, really lame and frustrating to play. Please, Blizzard, reconsiderate your views on Roadhog's nerf. Statistics proved it unecessary, and if Jeff Kaplan stated that he wanted to remove Roadhog's OHKO ability, we'd all like to know the reasons behind it. If it is because Roadhog's a tank, well, Jeff himself said that "Roles" meant almost nothings, and if it is because OS abilities feels unfair... What's the point of Doomfist ?Dalaye23 2h
2h Roadhog can't survive on the frontline like other tanks I got a comment the other day while playing Hog which said "our Hog sucked, he just kept hiding around corners and healing". The problem this player is getting at is why Hog can't be considered a tank. Heroes like Rein or D.Va can stand in the line of fire and block the incoming damage to make room for their team. Roadhog dies far quicker than other tanks due a large hitbox and no damage mitigation. What I used to notice was Roadhogs mere presence creating a radius of space for his team, but obviously nobody cares if they get hooked anymore. A possible solution would be to give Hog a shorter hook with a much shorter cooldown and faster throw and pull speed. This way he creates a smaller, but more constant radius of space for his team. I would also say the damage resistance on his heal helps him be a tank more, but he is still much more vulnerable to CC's than any other tank, and having the heal interrupted kills the hog immediately.Toasty4 2h
3h Short overall feedback TDM - fun. would be nice to see more doors "closed" instead of just impassable fields. FFA - awesome fun. scoreboard simple and to the point. new map awesome however jump pad styling doesn't seem to suit overall theme unlike Oasis. Roadhog - feels much better. for some reason walk speed feels a tad faster? Junkrat - ult changes might be too much. 1st mine disappearing after throwing 2nd one feels weird, should allow both to be out and detonated at once imo. Widow - spot on. Orisa - feels great. Outline - makes the crosshair/circle overlap look weird. be better if the crosshair/circle combination appeared as one shape instead of the crosshairs overlaid on the circle. Now the Arcade mode will have TDM and FFA in it I think the screen will need to be expanded to allow for more cards as we're already dropping game modes people like each time a new patch or event comes out. I'd like to see 1v1, 3v3, 6v6, Mayhem, Mystery there all the time as well as TDM, FFA and whatever the current Event is. Keep up the great work guys. Oh and can we have more non event locked common items added each patch cycle please? Sprays, Voicelines, Icons and Re-colours :) As now the lootbox change is in full swing common items are drying up very quickly.Stain7 3h
3h Deathmatch/Chateau Gaillard Feedback I noted that in in Deathmatch you still receive additional experience from gold/silver/bronze medals you earned during the match. It would be really nice to be able to see our medal status and other stats during the match on the scoreboard screen. I have one very specific thing about Chateau Gaillard, Bastion, and the jump pads. Shouldn't Bastion be movable in turret form if they are in midair? I've made a habit of using Concussive Blast against the Chateau to knock midair players into the water after they use one of the jump pads (the one that's kind of near what I consider the back corner). It didn't even occur to me this wouldn't work against Bastion until I tried it. If that's the way the dev's want it, okay, but I feel like we should be able to boop Bastion in turret form if they are in midair.Relamun0 3h
4h What do you think?? JUNKRAT I think junkrat needs two traps he has two c4 why not 2 traps he would be really good as def hero if he had 2 traps. And so people dont only use him for chokes he could also be good on king of the hill if he had two traps. Soldier 76 Soldier 76 should have a buff if there is an airborne he dose 5% more dmg so that he could kill Pharah Mercy because I was a Soldier 76 main they always blamed me if we lose and they had a Pharah Mercy that I cant kill Winston I think Winston should have a double jump so he could do a little dmg then come back to his team.Diamond5 4h
4h Please at least reduce Roadhog's hook cooldown If we could it'd be great to get the 6 second cooldown back now that he cant one shot anymore Heck I'd take a 7 second cooldown, at least it'd be better than 8.deoxxys7 4h
5h [REWORK] HOW TO MAKE ROADHOG FAIR, USEFUL AND FUN Suggestion from Shnobz. STORY OF DESIGN The problem: New Roadhog is garbage. He lost his identity, his purpose and role. There is no reason to pick Hog over other heroes. Almost all adequate average players, as well as pros and youtubers agree with that. Win- and pick-rate statistics prove it. The solution: New Roadhog is a mistake and should be reverted. Roadhog nerfs are reverted to previous state The problem: Old Roadhod deals too much damage to tanks and can OHK 250HP heroes. The solution: Scrap gun damage is adjusted to consistently one-shot only 150-200HP heroes. The problem: 1)For a lot of players Old Roadhog feels unfair to play against because of random OHK with RMB attack. 2) Hog's damage is devastating only at two very certain distances: at close range with LMB and at 9meters range with RMB. However, on all distances between or beyond this two distances his damage is absolute garbage. The solution: RMB attack is removed New problem: Roadhog no longer has any long range options and is very limited by range when Hook is on CD. The solution: Rework his weapon to make it more flexible. LMB attack now works like RMB, but the ball should be detonated manually. Hold LMB to launch the ball. Release LMB to detonate the ball. Quick tapping on LMB works just like normal close-range shot because it detonates the ball inside the gun. The ball has a limited range. Upon reaching this range the ball collapses and falls apart into scrap and deals no damage. This range is longer than previous range of automatic RMB detonation. The projectile speed of the ball is reduced to make it easier to detonate at close range, but hardier at long range. The ball should have enough speed to reach his max range in less than a second (the time between shots) to prevent launching second ball before first one is detonated or collapsed. The result: Hog's weapon is more flexible now. His weapon is still devastating at close range. Hog has more control over his damage at longer distances, but now his weapon requires more skill to use and good timing to control the ball detonation. While Hog is more effective at long range combat now, but his enemies also get a chance to dodge his attacks due to slower projectile speed of the ball. With this change Hog's weapon will require more skill to use, but also will feel more rewarding and effective due to better flexibility for user and less random for enemies. The problem: The Hog feels unfair to play against because his OHK Hook-combo. Hook has a lot of counters, but it is still very easy to use and enemies has almost no time to react when Hook is already launched. The solution: Hook-combo should be deadly, but it needs a little bit more of counter-play. Enemies should have a window to react and try to avoid Hook, while Hog should put some more effort to perform good Hook-combo and deserve OHK. Hook is placed on RMB. Windup mechanic is added to Hook. Similar to Doomfist Rocket Punch. Hold RMB to charge the Hook. Release RMB to launch the Hook. During Wind-up Hog spins his chain with loud noise and noticeable animation and can move (with reduced speed) and aim. The longer the Hook is charged - the further it will be thrown. Quick tapping on RMB performs quick close range Hook. Max range Hook requires 1 second to change. No-charge Hook range is set to 5 meters. Hook length is increased by 5 meters every 0.25second up to maximum of 25 meters at full charge. The result: Wind-up time opens window of opportunity for enemies to react and try to avoid or counter Hog's Hook. Loud noise and animation make Hook more noticeable while slowed movement speed during chain spinning makes Roadhog more vulnerable. It will prevent Hog being too impudent as a flanker and force him to stay with his team more often. At close range Hook still can be used instantly and without charging, but long range Hooking will require some preparation. It may be harder to use Hook now, but it also justifies its power as devastating lethal combo. Ability to aim and move during Wind-up help to catch heroes with high mobility. Hook will feel more fair for enemies and more rewarding and satisfying for Roadhog. The new problem: Wind-up increases the overall time between Hooks. Heroes with defensive abilities and high mobility counter Hog too easily now. The solution: Wind-up should be compensated by reduction of Hook CD. Add ability to outsmart enemies with clever usage of Wind-up. Hook CD is reduced by 1 second (the time needed to fully charge the Hook). Wind-up can be manually declined by performing an attack or other ability. In that case CD of Hook is reduced by 2 second. Hog can keep Hook charged for 2 seconds when it fully charged The result: The overall time between Hooks is the same as before. Roadhog can fake his Hook to bait enemies to use and waste their abilities or simply scare them. The problem: Roadhog is good Bruiser now, but he lacks his lore role of bodyguard and enforcer. His kit lacks Shift-button ability. The solution: Add new ability that will encourage enforcer and bodyguard playstyle. This ability should not increase his damage potential, but should add new way to peel enemies from Hog's team. New Shift skill called "Belly Bash" - Roadhog performs a short dash forward and hits enemies with his fat belly. Deals no damage, but greatly knock-backs enemies. 10sec CD. The result: With Belly Bash ability Roadhog now can be a true bodyguard. This ability is great for peeling enemies away from your teammates. It also opens some interesting combos: 1)If enemy is close: Belly Bash -> Hook -> Quick double-tap LMB 2)If enemy is far away: Hook -> Quick double-tap LMB -> Belly Bash. For example, the enemy Winston jumps on Hog's support. Hog Hooks him. During pulling Hog aims in different direction to displace Winston. Then Hog performs close range LMB and then pushes Winston far away with Belly Bash. With some skill and timing Hog can even land a second long-range LMB for bonus damage. THE SUMMARY: Roadhog nerfs are reverted to previous state Scrap gun damage is adjusted to consistently one-shot only 150-200HP heroes. RMB attack is removed LMB attack now works like RMB, but the ball should be detonated manually. Hold LMB to launch the ball. Release LMB to detonate the ball. Quick tapping on LMB works just like normal close-range shot because it detonates the ball inside the gun. The ball has a limited range. Upon reaching this range the ball collapses and falls apart into scrap and deals no damage. This range is longer than previous range of automatic RMB detonation. The projectile speed of the ball is reduced to make it easier to detonate at close range, but hardier at long range. The ball should have enough speed to reach his max range in less than a second (the time between shots) to prevent launching second ball before first one is detonated or collapsed. Windup mechanic is added to Hook. Similar to Doomfist Rocket Punch. Hold RMB to charge the Hook. Release RMB to launch the Hook. During Wind-up Hog spins his chain with loud noise and noticeable animation and can move (with reduced speed) and aim. The longer the Hook is charged - the further it will be thrown. Quick tapping on RMB performs quick close range Hook. Max range Hook requires 1 second to change. No-charge Hook range is set to 5 meters. Hook length is increased by 5 meters every 0.25second up to maximum of 25 meters at full charge. Hook CD is reduced by 1 second (the time needed to fully charge the Hook). Wind-up can be manually declined by performing an attack or other ability. In that case CD of Hook is reduced by 2 second. Hog can keep Hook charged for 2 seconds when it fully charged New Shift skill called "Belly Bash" - Roadhog performs a short dash forward and hits enemies with his fat belly. Deals no damage, but greatly knock-backs enemies. 10sec CD. Roadhog now requires more skill to play, but his damage is more flexible on different distances. His weapon and Hook changes are focused on making him more skill depended hero. Good Roadhog players will be even more effective, while bad ones will be less effective. Hook changes give enemies chance to react and avoid being Hooked, but Roadhog also gained an ability to bait and outsmart enemies. If enemy uses window of opportunity granted by Hog's mechanics and outplays him - he deserves to survive and deal with Hog. If Hog is careful and outplays the enemy - he deserves to perform an OHK if enemy is a fragile hero or has low HP. Hog can no longer deal too much damage to tanks, but he gained an ability to peel aggressive tanks from his allies. Feedback and constructive discussion are welcome!JaneM60 5h
7h Junkrat additional change - Total Mayhem I thought of an awesome change to Junk's Total Mayhem passive ability. Not sure if this is going to make him stronger or not, but surely it is going to make him more protected at his most vulnerable state - ult. How about if his active concussion mines would explode at the time of his death. What would this change bring? Pros - He could position better for his ult, and booby trap the place in case if he dies. When ppl see him static at the time of his ult, they kill him from short distance so they wont be affected by the explosive he leaves after his death. But in this case Junk could place mine at the point he thinks he would be attacked from. This way the opponent wont be eager just to off him, he would be more cautious about it, especially if he is at low hp. Cons - If he dies after he positioned the mine near the trap at some point in the game, that mine would be wasted, exploding without any target caught. I can see some non-balanced exploits, like if junk is low hp in the middle of combat, before he dies he drops the bomb at the crowd and that way making a lot of damage. To counter that exploit, the concussion mine could be the part of the Total Mayhem passive only after it sticks to the ground or wall. While in the mid air, the mine does not explode at the time of Junks death but it just self destructs without any explosion. I believe this way it would make more fun to play him. Love to hear some feedback.Ma1kavian0 7h
9h Junkrat buff cannot go live because it is broken This buff can seriously, by all means, cannot go live Junkrat was already fine, this is the same thing that happened with Hanzo sure he needed a few changes with his scatter arrow but that was all. Blizzard if you are reading this at least do us a favor and just buff Roadhog's damage by 13% or 20%, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart and soul, please don't buff a hero that is already good in the game because this ruins our experience as players and makes us not want to play the game at all.Stryker2 9h
9h Roadhog Buff Still makes no Sense https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758547176 Original Post i made. So i will talk about it here instead. Roadhog is now in a weird spot where he does not have a role. His core objective was to hook and get a pick. he is not able to do that anymore. So here is my suggestion for a change for hog that keeps his core identity. - Hook CD: 9 Seconds - Take a breather: 250 Heal - Revert the Damage nerf and increase the gun spread by a small amount Roadhog will not rely on his hook too much and he will be more of a glass cannon (even with 600 HP) but he has no defensive capabilities other than his damage.TartauKeBaB12 9h
10h Roadhog loves to feed ultimate I love Roadhog. Roadhog loves you. No one loves him feeding ult. His new buff is feeding more ultimate charge to the enemy team. Why not just make it so when he is taking a breather the damage that is giving ult charge to the enemy team is reduced? I think it would be amazing with less people whining about how Roadhog is a horrible pick and an ult battery.Pikchu8 10h
11h McCree: Two Rolls? There are plenty of threads on the forums about how McCree is underpowered when compared to other 200 health characters, and, honestly, I'm inclined to agree. With only 200 health, an inadequate escape ability, and an extreme falloff range, he is, without a doubt, slightly underpowered compared to some other characters. Other forumers (is that a word?)have suggested changes like giving him 50 extra health, or decreased cooldowns, or increasing the distance on his roll, or removing the falloff range. I think there's a better solution: Give McCree two rolls. This would solve the hos manueverability issue while not making him any more powerful in the long run. It would work in the same way Junkrat's mine now do, or Tracer's blinks do, in the sense that there would be two charges on the roll and you COULD use both tight after the other and have to wait for both to recharge, OR you could use one and have another in reserve. The cooldown for the ability would remain the same (it IS an instant-reload, after all), but it would allow McCree to be more manueverable, and therefore more usefull, while not making him overpowered in the hands of those who are skilled with him. (I also posted this suggestion in the General section of the Forum to try to get more responses)SiROSTRiKE5 11h
11h NERF SYMMETRA STUPID GUN! look having a lock on isn't bad....doing 200 damage isn't bad ... HAVING THEM TOGETHER ... THAT'S JUST STUPID . If I can get PLAY OF THE GAME WITH A 6 MAN KILL JUST BY LEFT CLICKING AND WALKING FORWARD you're character is broken .. you can't defend this .. cause her beam locks on and there's no penalty like orisa . Orisa becomes slow and she fires and if it was symmetra it would make her an easy target and more of a risk against reaper mcCree and genjis .. but having her full speed doing from 50 - 200 in 3 seonds isn't fair or balance it make.. I would said " long range characters would be great against her " BUT she has that shield that moves HELLA SLOW so you can't rain down rockets as phara. AND only has 8 seonds to cooldown so widow can't get a good headshot cans she can cast a shield walk behind it and cast another one . This characters need a HARD counter . like how phara counters Torb , Reinhardt counters D.vA .. Symmetra needs a hard counter or need a draw back from her gun that LOCKS ON ! ... and before you Symmetra weeiboo start whining " symmetra is perfect " think of it this way... would it be fair if I was reaper and if I got close to you I just got 100% head shots ?... would it be fair if I got 100% McCree head shots cause those kill 200hp heros instantly .. so if you're gonna whine how symmetra is perfect well i want my auto 200 hp damage when I walk 10 meters away . YOU CAN'T DEFEND SYMMETRADarzMugen2134 11h
11h Soldier and Pharah needs to be NERFED!!! Soldier is too OP i cant even last going up against him without him always shredding my health instantly and pharah is to op when she can just infinetely bob and weave up and down in the air spamming rockets pharah is the defintion of cancer.MickeyMouse16 11h
11h Roadhog | Take-a-Breather buff isn't necessary | PTR Honestly, Roadhog's problem rarely was survivability. Take-a-Breather was something you had to use out of teamfights because it made you a sitting duck. And it was fair, you had a lot of damage and a good sustain tool, but you couldn't use it at anytime or you might get punished. Now, this buff allows for sloppy and careless gameplay. And you might survive longer, but 2 seconds of "near-invulnerability" isn't fun. At all. It isn't fun for Roadhog players to just hold a button, survive two seconds longer while you're running in/running away. It isn't fun for his opponents for him to be close to unkillable for 2 seconds. This isn't engaging gameplay. And very few people are liking it (and without wanting to offend anyone, only low-rank players and people that don't play Roadhog like it). And these people don't like it for the reasons I stated above, and more. This doesn't give him a purpose. He can't tank better than the other tanks. He can't kill more reliably than the other DPS. So what would he need? The community had great ideas that are worth trying. Shorter hook cooldown, making him a constant threat again. Damage buff. Genji and Mercy should get punished for letting themselves get hooked. Shooting while healing. Now this one makes almost no sense, but heh, a faster rate of fire looks really weird and already is out of character.I have no idea how much devs care about these new forums, but I'd love getting some feedback on these new buffs and why. Why did it go through even though it's certainly the least demanded buff in the community. TL;DR Roadhog either needs great damage, a great displacement tool or a great tanking tool. His current kit's got none of that and the proposed buff isn't gonna make him good enough to be used again. ...... Or why not go back to the old Roadhog, but without the omnipotent hook? ...Powsen84 11h
13h [IDEA] Scoring and nerf kill stealing Use the fire meter points (the percent of damage for an elimination) to award points for a kill. Only the person that delivers the final blow gets the points. Pts to win is now 20 x 100, so 2000 pts. So a kill stealing player that only does 20% dmg will only get 20 pts. He has to work 5 times as hard to get to 2000 if he continues to play this way. For the poor player who got their kill stolen, their damage pts will go under the assists column. We can tweak if we want this to be considered a kill at certain pt thresholds or not later on. In this way, we can keep everyone fighting for that killing blow but only reward them what they contributed.Javenrah1 13h
13h Concerns about Highlight Recording Quality I have some concerns about the in-game recording of highlights. Its 720p with like 15 FPS and a bitrate that looks like about 500kbps. Are these being recorded with laptops with integrated graphics and i3 processors as the recording servers? How about a recording feature that uses client-side hardware? Is this a placeholder recording system until they put in something that can record 60fps 1080p with reasonable bitrate?NilsOlavIII0 13h
14h Roadhog buff useless just Revert him and admit your wrong Honestly Goodman and Kaplan is this the direction we're gonna keep going "beating around the bush ". Changing a hero's key aspect and traits more then a year into the game and then tell your fans here's your half a$$ Roadhog we made for you guys by taking wasted weeks and putting them into wasted buffs for a useless hero. Honestly lost all respect for your company because your fans and most know how this will play out you'll keep ignoring us eventually down the Road you'll give hog another useless buff and Mabey sometime later the community will stop caring we made a mistake that we won't admit; and then we can just keep just doing our a$$ backwards knee jerk emotion nerfing that Nobody cares about anymore. Cause why listen to common sense lol lets just nerf mid range non OP heroes.R1717 14h
14h Don't break Junkrat Junkrat is going to be a problem if PTR changes come live. What will happen is: The buff will go through -> community will go crazy -> Blizzard will nerf him to the ground (nerfing something that is fun in his kit) -> He'll be dead and boring to play. That's how you break a character. Junkrat mains are not yet used to the new PTR playstile, once "we" get used, you'll see how insane it is. You cannot rely on PTR, most players are not even there. I'm not there, and I wont be, I'd rather get even-lootboxes on my limited time to play. I'm deemed 92% percentile junkrat on overbuff (was 98% last season comp). And I'm not testing his changes on PTR, like me, there's a lot of other good, and better junkrats, out there that are only going to show the beast once the changes hits live. Blizzard is making a character like Junkrat a MOBILE hero, that's insane. Can you see the level of power creep you are pushing? There's no way he'll not "skyrocket" with this "simple" change. Don't get me wrong, the Rip Tire buff is understandable, but 2 mines is way off. The new game play will be like " whatever you have 2 stacks of concussion mine you are playing wrong" That's what happens with anything that have 2 stacks. As a junkrat player I'm totally against the 2 mine stacks. I'm SURE it will break the hero and I'll necro this post when he get nerfed, and this undaed post will haunt all those junkrat mains downvoting me.ShivanDragon18 14h
14h Junkrat Mine Cooldown Maybe increase it by a second or two? Just to offset his increased DPS and kill potentialBalsty10 14h
14h spawn in TD Ive played a couple of games of td and i have notice a couple of times i will spawn right behind an enemy and once i spawned and there was enemy behind me ether situation inst really fun and i have played more deathmatch then td and i didnt have this happen in those so from my exp it just a td thing just thought i would shareCrimsonSnake0 14h
14h Widowmaker Changes As you say in the patch notes, Widowmaker is extremely powerful in the right hands.. Well in the right hands, her ult is absolutely useless to HER. The only people her ult helps are her teammates. When you play Widow, you already have to pay attention looking for people coming around corners. If you're already doing this, her ult means absolutely nothing to you. It would be more useful to all widowmaker players if you would do one of the following: While Widow's ULT is active, there is no charge time to a 100% power shot. OR While Widow's ULT is active, ALL shots go through barriers. Every other character has an ult that actually does something highly useful. Widow's is just a global version of Hanzo's sonar arrow.PhoenixJedi33 14h
14h A little bit of feedback + questions about FFA Deathmatch is a very enjoyable gamemode. I've had a lot of fun every game I played and I think it fits into the Arcade perfectly overall. The only complaint I have is that "stealing" kills seems too strong. What I mean is, for example, when playing as Sombra (my main), you hack somebody and almost got that kill, but someone comes in and get that kill. The only thing you get is an assist, but they don't seem to be very useful when it comes to winning games. Here I leave two questions about FFA: -Will we be able to queue with friends or will it be like 1v1? It should be an very fun option to compete against your friends in this gamemode! -Will Mercy's and Ana's ultimates be changed for FFA? When played on this gamemode, they are the only ones that "don't have" an ultimate ability.NeKo1 14h
15h Deathmatch Pacing to Slow I played a ton of death match in Unreal and Quake, and the slower pace of the characters in Overwatch don't feel right in a DM setting.Morokiane1 15h
16h As a Hog player I never felt he had a survivability problem. I've never been in a position with Roadhog where I cursed my lack of survivability. 600 health and a 300 health heal as well as healers and cover meant I rarely found myself wishing I had more durability. Especially when, in his current state, Hog was not a primary target that has to be taken down immediately. What does this buff do for Roadhog players, realistically? I found myself currently, usually, as the last one alive on my team after a bad team fight in which I've thrown my hook and spent time spamming right clicks into enemies for pitiful damage. I feel this buff just ensures I'll certainly be the last one alive. Roadhog players are still totally unreliable at killing a hooked target in one hit. Not incapable, as we can 1 shot 200 health targets if the scatter pattern aligns properly and we time our melee perfectly, and we walk forward just far enough. But that's a freak enough occurrence that it's balanced out by the fact we can be screwed by the hook not giving us a perfect pull, or the scatter pattern being bad and giving us low damage on a hooked enemy, or taking too long to walk forward and meleeing too late. Not to mention the semi-regular occurrence of hook breaking after it hits. Something I've made peace with after all this time. Sometimes the fish gets away, after all. As with any buff it's obviously advantageous. I'd rather take this than have Hog the way he is right now. But the reality is, Hog, after this change, is no better at hooking people or doing damage, or denying space to the enemy team than he is currently. If Blizzard is serious about not giving Roadhog a 1 hit kill while claiming it was because the community didn't like it, and then releasing a character whose central tool is a 1 hit kill, then a buff to Roadhog's other abilities that aren't direct damage buffs would be massively appreciated. At the very least I'd be more gracious in accepting the sentiment that Blizzard actually want to help Roadhog players, and the changes were "not intended as a nerf", if Blizzard considered, maybe, giving Roadhog his old Hook cooldown of 6 seconds, and increasing his reload speed slightly by allowing Roadhog to cancel the recoil animation with a reload, and allowing him to cancel his ultimate by casting out his hook or using TaB or even by meleeing. None of those changes would actually kill Roadhog to kill anybody in 1 hit, but they would put more tools in a Roadhog players hands than a buff to something like Roadhog's survivability, something that isn't exactly lacking, would. These are just the opinions of a former, and current, Roadhog player who specifically bought the game to play Roadhog and enjoys the character, even now. However for the first time I've found myself constantly forced to defend my decision to play Hog. Anyway, thanks for reading.Stalgrim22 16h
16h How many people should be allowed to be the same character? I was playing earlier, and I had the pleasure of playing with 4 Doomfists, 3 Lucios, 3 Pharahs, etc. And I gotta say, it was a little much? I just think there should be a limit on how many people can be the same player at a time, like maybe only 2 of one character (since there are only eight players anyway)? Doesnt have to happen, I'm just wondering if it would help.TanaBanana1 16h
18h For real, DON'T put the Junk changes live as they are! Junk is seeing more and more playtime as he is rn even by pros and in tournaments (much more than many other heroes). What I don't like about him is that he is such high reward to literally no skill. And the buff is making that aspect even stronger. And the rage about that when Junk goes live will be insane. I have already met players being like "I don't wanna play ptr cause of Junk there!" Don't hate junk mains you know its true. Its literally rng spamm hoping someone runs into it. Viable strat with junk to get kills in every sr. He doesn't need more game sense or anything other more than all the other heroes. So don't pretend. But now with his buff even big pros miss his tire and it's basically a guaranteed kill. His base dmg is so much that it's basically areal denial even for tanks and shields. And his mine seems to have no dmg falloff range, so as long as you aren't playing with a joystick you will hit. 1 vs 1 any 200hp target at full hp by spamming, hoping 1 shot lucky hits and then throwing mine to kill him. So hard to do. What a god hero concept! But yes buff a hero with a concept like this to make him meta (and yes with the buff junk will be in every damn game). I'm sure the entire community will love playing that. If you wanna make changes then make them skill rewarding to keep the hero ok for normal players and make him more viable for pros. Don't just blindly buff no skill abilities. You wanna buff tire, improved climbing with it is enough. No sonic speed needed. If you still wanna buff give it like 110hp. You wanna give him 20mines? Give them freaking dmg falloff so you reward timing and prediction aim with them. @Blizzard Start making small & smart changes and see how they go! Instead of fully overbuffing or overnerfing every damn time! And stark making changes that only affect the skill tier where they are needed! Its literally petty easy!Ītami33 18h
21h Ptr feedback forum Has anyone seen a blue post in this forum? The lack of both blueposts and the normal pinned post explaining the rules of the forum makes me a bit skeptical that they actually read these.Ekiouja2 21h
21h [IDEA] How to counter killsteals Hi, I'm Dad! I'm new here, but I've been bitten by the Deathmatch Mode as of lately and didn't know this place existed. It's the ugly step child I didn't know I wanted!!!! That being said, there's problems. Proposal: All Overwatch characters get a naturally accumulative boost that grants them more health, faster movement, and more damage as they fight for their life. Should they die, they reset back to zero. Should they run and hide, the cooldown will work its way back to zero. Justifications: 1) Treating all kills the same in DM is at best, the only thing that can be thought of right now. I assume this game wasn't designed with FFA DM in mind, but instead was a response to a community of players that enjoy this mode. But if we're being honest, the current system has it's kinks that we need to work through. Having this in place might be the difference between a squishy character surviving that shot in the back after engaging and defeating a tricky tank. Since they would have put considerable damage down on the tank, they'd be boosted enough to survive the dreadful shot in the back from some jerk who just spawned and has his blood thirst on high, unaware of the heroics you just pulled off milliseconds ago! 2) Education. Now, before you think I'm some crazy nut job, what if I told you that this could be a chance to help educate players to become better teamplayers in QP. Sounds crazy I know, but if these players that normally wander off in QP and provide little to no value to the team are suddenly confront with a boosted monster who's dominating the map, then they are going to learn quickly about what it means to work together to take a threat out. Running and being useless isn't going to work in DM. 3) Focus. This sounds weird for DM, but stopping people from getting to full boost could alleviate some of the chaos. This sounds counter intuitive, since everything would actually be speeding up in the already chaotic world of DM. But now people will have a reason to be a little more selective in their decision making. No longer is a spray and pray strategy going to be the most beneficial. If you want to continue with that mindset, go ahead, but boosted Doomfist is maxed out and causing complete and utter mayham in the courtyard. The round will be over soon... So there it is, my first post and first suggestion. I hope you tear it apart and help reassemble it into something that could possible make its way into the game some how! Love always, DadDad2 21h
22h However designed Genji.. .. congratz. was this constructive? How long we need to wait to adjust that hero? minor Widow buff took 14 months, so my hopes are limitedAhaa3 22h
22h Ideas for Mercy and Anas Ultimate in Solo Deathmatch I will start of with Anas Ultimate. Ana: Nano Boost in any other gamemode thats not Deathmatch, Ana can Nano Boost her teammates to give them more attack power and defense while giving Ana assist points for every death the teammate does. however, what about we make it so in Solo Deathmatch, she can Nanoboost the enemy and ALSO receive kill points for each kill the enemy does during the Nano Boost state? a example, Soldier activates his Tact-Visor and Ana nano boosting him while doing so. Soldier kills 5 people (including Ana) and gets 5 points to Kill Counter! Ana who gave Soldier Nano Boost will also get 5 points to the Kill Counter! this means Ana can "leech off" kill points for her own winning by using someone else progress! now onto Mercy! Mercy: Resurrection in every game mode, her Ultimate is to revive your teammates. in Team Deathmatch, she can Ultimate your teammate to Deny kill points from the enemy team. but what if we do this for Solo Deathmatch: Let her Revive the enemies and Deny the kill points for those killed them in the first place! example: if Soldier and Ana (from example above) kills 5 people with Nano boosted Ultimate but Mercy Survives, she can Rez those 5 people and will remove those 5 points from both Soldier AND Ana! this means Mercy is "Points denial" character and will be highly prioritized if you are killing many people in the same spot. but now the question comes if she will get any points from doing this and how much (like rezzing 2 people gives her 1 kill point) what does the Dev team think about this?pikamaxi2 22h
23h Can we get a resistance indicator ? With more heroes getting damage resistances in various situations it would be nice to understand what is happening without having to having read every patch-note. An indicator near the health bar would be really nice. (Something like a small shield icon) Indicating the strength of the resistance would also be nice, to know if it's a waste of ammo or not. (By putting 1 to 3 shields for example, or just showing the percentage)gan0 23h
23h Roadhog's new heal is weird from first person The bobbing is gone and the FoV is still limited. Using it while walking feels off, like he's sliding on ice.hyperZesty0 23h
1d In FFA, let Ana nano boost herself. Ana's at a bit of a disadvantage in a FFA match. Her ultimate cannot be used since it's designed to target a friendly enemy. Since she already has trouble scoring kills, why not allow her to nano boost herself?Gunky4 1d
1d Rat anti spamming nerf New junkrat is deadly at close range, I think it is fair to nerf his spamming. Grenade only deal 50% of damage after hitting the ground or wall. Junkrat will still be rewarded for getting a direct hit, but his spamming will be less effective.chosenone6 1d
1d Roadhog should not be dictated by RNG The sorry state of Roadhog is in large part due the RNG of his shotgun. His damage is too low to have the RNG as it is. Skill may increase the odds of getting a kill with Roadhog, but the chance of whether or not you get a kill regardless of skill is what makes him so bad to play right now. He needs a damage buff (Honestly revert). His damage should be consistent and right now it is not. The change on PTR isn't going to change the chance of whether or not he gets a kill.Dash2 1d
1d Killstealing is annoying in DM If feels awful to duel someone getting them down to a sliver of health just to have some genji dash in and steal the kill leaving you with nothing. It also makes characters that don't have high burst really bad. I think a reward should be given if someone deals damage in a without getting the finishing blow. A few ideas i had were to convert the % of health damage done into a % of a point, So lets say delt 150 damage to a mccree and a genji came in and got the finishing blow, I would get 0.75 points and he would get 1. Or give ult charge.DrCoconut20 1d
1d Riptire success rate? Can we see the data on riptire ult successful kills vs other ults to show that it indeed needed a buff? I could understand say a 50% hp increase to the tire or something small but it never felt to me like Riptire was falling short in terms of getting ult kills compared to other heroes and it never felt like it was. Sure it is easy to take down in large open areas if people are trying instead of running for cover but in tight spaces or areas with a lot of corners to round or go over which most matches have plenty of it could easily maneuver around and get in there for kills rather easily. Can we see the current PTR data vs Live as well to compare?Splinterfuzz0 1d
1d Widow feedback Changes are nice, helps, but not going to make too much difference. However: widow should be able to jump while scoped-in, like Hanzo does with bow. that would improve the survivability a bit, and would make Hanzo vs widow fight a bit more fair. To be honest, in a Hanzo vs Widow fight, Hanzo has a big adventage. Hanzo almost shoots from behind the wall. and by shot i mean spam. Personally i dont consider this as a buff, more like a QoL. If Hanzo and Genji received a buff (shoot right after ledge climb) i think widow also deserve this.Ahaa1 1d
1d A possible idea for deathmatch problem Hello PTR Community. I am a german player, so I do my best to explain my idea. I have seen the problem for deathmatch, when some players have left an active play. An example. If someone is leaving, so another player will come to the active match. The last minutes are just to play and I as newcomer to the match have no chance to get a good score, so I would left. And so even other players would do it. My idea is to lock the free space, when someone is leaving an active deathmatch. And when the last four players are just only on the match, so the match can end and all the players have won. Greetings BlAcKBluEFoXBlAcKBluEFoX0 1d
1d Can we get back the 6 sec hook? Please. Since Road can't oneshot anymoregGoblin3 1d
1d New roadhog buff will change the game. Every tank except Zarya and Winston has directional barrier or directional defense skills, which is vulnerable to flanker such as tracer. It would be good to have new tank type who is not directional like inara, ruckus, makoa and torvald in paladins. They have non-directional defense skill so they are not weak against a bunch of flankers and dive. I think New Roadhog will fill that type of tank, though he is somewhat offensive. he will be great anti-flank hero. he will not be good at frontal fight because he feeds ult gauge. his winrate will go up from 43%~44% to 48%~51%. it will be fine. additional info: his kit will be perfect at anti-flank. 1. he is not 200hp hero, who is vulnerable to flanker 2. he has best 1:1 capability with new Take a breather, but not 6:6. he is effective against solo-flanker or two flanker near your healer. 3. he has hook which is dangerous especially when enemy doesn't watch out for Roadhog. this makes your healer out of focus of flanker.김보송8 1d
1d How To PROPERLY Fix Roadhog Roadhog's one-shot combo is what made him a reliable and solid pick, ever since his nerf his pick rate has dropped dramatically, and it's because he's not a reliable source for kills anymore. With the PTR buffs possibly making it to live, I fear that it is not enough to even make Hog decently viable. While it is nice to have 50% less damage and be able to heal while walking, the most reasonable way to make Hog somewhat more reliable without giving him his one-shot back is to fix his right click. Here's the best suggestion(s) I can think off of the top of my head that would help make Hog's right click more viable and help him be more consistent: 1. Reduce the length at which the ball of shrapnel explodes. -Currently, when Hog right clicks, there's a 10 meter line that shoots out first from his gun, and then a ball of shrapnel dispenses in a tight wad. Drop the distance that it shoots to either 8, or 6 meters. This means that Hog will be able to land better right clicks without having to stand so far back from his target. 2. Increase the Radius of the ball of shrapnel that explodes. -This one is confusing as I don't know the exact radius at which it explodes at, as mentioned in the suggestion above, Hog's right click bursts a tight ball of shrapnel after about 10 meters, my suggestion is that you increase the radius of that ball of shrapnel. This means that at a decent and reliable length, Hog will be able to still do decent damage and be more reliable if all of his bullets will be able to hit more. Lastly, if you don't want to do just one, I highly recommend we test both of these changes at the same time. And not just either one. Having Hog be a reliable source of damage and the ability to get constant picks is what made him viable, remember that.EXOChen5 1d
1d Roadhog need a review. I think some nerfs before than actual are no more necessary , like the 20% of spray of m1 and the cd of hook. Is a good way to revert these nerfs.Nicolas1 1d
1d Friendly Reminder: Blizzard = eSports Guys, look. Let's all Take a Breather and calm down about all this Roadhog nonsense. At the end of the day, Overwatch is full steam ahead for the eSports scene. I know we all got used to Hog being this 'flank and gank' kinda hero. In the grand scheme of things, it's not good for the game for a 600HP hero to be able to just delete things. You have to understand that this is where a character's story and artistic design butts heads with things like game mechanics and balance. From a design standpoint, the idea of this big, fat, beef cake who wields a hook on a chain, eats bacon, and huffs heal gas sounds amazing. It's a cool idea. However, making this work from a mechanical standpoint in a game like Overwatch is nothing short of a nightmare. I know a little about game design, and the fact that Hook 3.0 works like it does without murdering your CPU everytime you press Shift is mind boggling lol. It's no easy task, especially when you've got something in the neighborhood of 20+ million players to please, and potentially even more separate viewers/ fans. Personally, I feel like what's happened to Roadhog is good. I feel like it's all been healthy for the game, even though it made a lot of us upset. What it boils down to is those of you who are mad just got attached to Roadhog on easy-mode. I did the same thing when they nerfed D.Va's armor. I got so used to not even needing a healer, I got lazy. Then after I just admitted I was being a baby about it, I realized the change was actually good for a lot of reasons. My point here is just that balancing this game isn't easy. Sometimes a complicated hero is just going to have to be hard to play, but that's good for Overwatch. Related Bonus: If you don't already know, look up the original design for Genji. As far as his design, he was the most amazing since sliced bread. Mechanically however, his original design didn't work very well :PHazyrd7 1d