Invisible models on new match

Bug Report
During the first minute or so of a new match everyone (including myself) is invisible. This means joining a round late makes me useless until I can finally see who is shooting me.
Yeah, I don't know wtf is doing this. Blizzard needs to fix games before releasing them!!!!!!!!
Same issue here
Have you tried updating your Graphic card drivers?
05/24/2016 04:08 AMPosted by Janjjd
Have you tried updating your Graphic card drivers?

Graphics card drivers are up to date, I checked that before posting this. Now that I've played more the models load in faster but its still a hindrance if I join a match in progress.
Have this same issue. It was also present in the beta. I was told maybe it was due to a slow harddrive. I know my harddrive is on the slow side and not SSD so I could see it being the culprit. Though I've never had this issue with ANY other game so this is a bummer.
I have this exact same error! What did they do to mess it up?! It worked flawlessly during the beta. I'm really annoyed that I pre-purchased it now because I cannot enjoy the game at all!

I also join games and I'm stuck at the loading screen and it threatens to kick me for inactivity when it locks me int he loading screen! Very angry at this!
I updated my graphic card drivers and reinstalled the game it now works fine for me! I also changed a setting in my internet settings --> lan settings --> unchecked automatically detect settings. I don't know if this is relevant but it did increase my download speed in battle net launcher so maybe it helps :)
This is some weird thing going on. I recently plugged in an external monitor to my laptop. After some troubleshooting with game not wanting to use my dedicated GPU when it is ran on external monitor, I finally made it work. But when I was playing on my laptop screen, this issue was nowhere close to where it is now that I'm using an external screen - it made models load from approx. 5-10 seconds after loading into the game to around a minute. Really annoying, and something's not right with it. My drivers are up to date.
Same here. it happened occasionally in the beta but only for 5-10 seconds now I get it consistently lasting from a few seconds to well over a minute. It's especially bad in king of the hill maps. I love the game otherwise but it's really hindering my enjoyment
Yeah I have this problem people are usually invisible for about 30 seconds to 1 min. It doesn't make the game unplayable but it is quite annoying and would really like a solution to the problem.
Here I recorded some footage of the glitch. At the start of the round my weapon models are invisible too but in the clip it's just the enemy players.

https://youtu.be/z7h6_1PamOc
I recently got Overwatch and I have the network error show up I have tried Adwcleaner and it did not help or solve my problem. How am I suppose to get around this?
I have the exact same invisible characters every time I join a game. It effectively leaves my team playing 5 v 6 until they show up because I can run around and sometimes see my own team but it still takes a while for all the enemy team to load up. How can you contest an objective when you can't see where you are being shot from?

I've also had the stupid kick warning before the map has even finished loading then, unless I instantly lock a hero in, I get kicked for inactivity.
Not a "fix" but this might help: lowering the screen resolution makes the characters appear much faster, at least for me it does. Just play in windowed mode and make the overwatch window as smallas you can.
All i know is: this is 100% client sided.
Blizzard please help us out, we bought your game to play it, but this bug renders it unplayable.
"During the first minute or so of a new match everyone (including myself) is invisible. This means joining a round late makes me useless until I can finally see who is shooting me."
"I also join games and I'm stuck at the loading screen and it threatens to kick me for inactivity when it locks me int he loading screen! Very angry at this!"

Same issues here!!!
I'm also having this problem
edit: it has only recently started for me, on realease i did not have this issue. I just tried lowering the resolution and for this first load it didnt happen
I have this same exact problem and am searching in vain for a solution. Granted, I'm running on an Intel 4400 internal graphics card, so I have to run the game on minimum settings to avoid severe lag. But it still shouldn't be taking a whole minute to render characters in-game. Fix it, Blizzard!
Same issue ffs im trying have fun but i cant because everyone is Invisible
,Blizzard plz fix