Playing on PC with someone on PS4 ?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Hi, i play Overwatch on PC, my son on PS4. He linked his game to his Battlenet account. Yet, when he plays, i don't see him online in Battlenet. Can we not play together ? Did i miss something ?
Highly Rated
There's no cross platform play because PC players would have a huge advantage over console players.
There's no cross platform play because they think PC players would have a huge advantage over console players.

fixed that for you. =)

(dont worry im a pc player, but ive seen people with controller own kb+m players in games. my girlfriend hates keyboard and uses a controller in csgo and by some crazy !@# means still managers to come out in the top 3 of almost all her games...and shes sitting at goldnova 4...better tahn me too sadly ;-; )
There's no cross platform play because the vast majority of PC players would have a huge advantage over console players.

fixed that for you. =)

Fixed that back for you :)
Highly Rated
Aim assist is considered a cheat on PC. Required on console to hit anything.
05/24/2016 07:26 AMPosted by Gorgannan

fixed that for you. =)

Fixed that back for you :)

psh. there are some good console, or even controller players out there, either way, the console players always talk big. they want it. i really think we should let it happen. like...even if its a special lobby so its not all the time, give them the option to play pc players. jsut so they can see how it really it. everyone "says" pc would win(and id hope they would) but as far as i know weve never really had a fps game cross console for pc vs console. so no one can actually prove anything.
pfft WOW arena. some people have mods, some dont. mods give an advantage. there will always be some kind of way to get an advantage.

the reason it isnt cross platform is they want to make you guys buy a copy over on the other platforms as well, plain and simple lol
Cross platform was an advertised feature and one of the main reasons I bought overwatch for pc (to play with my friends on xbox while still using my preferred controls). I am beyond upset to see them lying and false advertising a feature they promised to include. Blizzard will be expecting a huge uproar of people in the same boat as me.
lol i love the downvoters lol. so salty lol
05/24/2016 07:29 AMPosted by Squigibo
Aim assist is considered a cheat on PC. Required on console to hit anything.

This.
Cross platform was an advertised feature and one of the main reasons I bought overwatch for pc (to play with my friends on xbox while still using my preferred controls). I am beyond upset to see them lying and false advertising a feature they promised to include. Blizzard will be expecting a huge uproar of people in the same boat as me.

Please point out where this was an advertised feature? Cause it was specifically stated previously during beta, probably in one of the Developer Commentary videos but I'd have to check, that each platform would be separate.
05/24/2016 05:49 AMPosted by Morsubyte
Hi, i play Overwatch on PC, my son on PS4. He linked his game to his Battlenet account. Yet, when he plays, i don't see him online in Battlenet. Can we not play together ? Did i miss something ?

Hi. We don't support cross platform play. There are some advantages that would create an unfair play environment so for now, each platform is a separate play space.
05/24/2016 09:55 AMPosted by GudGramer

Lying and false advertisement is common with Blizzard when hyping up a new game, they are masters of bait and switch, They have done something like this for nearly every Xpack for Warcraft so far.
05/24/2016 09:59 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Hi. We don't support cross platform play. There are some advantages that would create an unfair play environment so for now, each platform is a separate play space.

Then why not consider this before advertising it way before launch to hype it up?

i can see some points to this, but people play paragon and other games cross platform. there will always be a tool, or controller on each platform that could make for an advantage. can you really control this? hell, even with it just on pc, others will figure ways to gain an advantage.

i could see this being something for competitive play, but just for me and some friends having beers and playing? kinda stinks :(
05/24/2016 10:03 AMPosted by RexxCastle
Then why not consider this before advertising it way before launch to hype it up?

Blizzard hasn't been advertising the game as having cross-platform play. We've known since at least last year that it wouldn't.
As a PC user, I wish it could be cross-platform. I enjoy free wins.

citation needed for cross platform.
05/24/2016 10:18 AMPosted by Matterhorn

citation needed for cross platform.

i too thought they said it was cross. clever wording. advertising 101 lol

It was never billed as cross platforum. Ever.