Overwatch for Mac?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
05/24/2016 04:34 PMPosted by Tracing
Will Overwatch be released for Mac users or is it going to be a PC only game?
Blizzard,
Can you all share the road map for overwatch? Will it ever be on Mac??!!
06/02/2017 06:45 AMPosted by jksgoh
Blizzard,
Can you all share the road map for overwatch? Will it ever be on Mac??!!
Bootcamp
I wish they make overwatch for mac
05/30/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Sinistar
As much dislike as this comment will probably get from mac users... but why would you want to play it on a Mac? In this game you need to be able to use both left and right clicks on your mouse to do you alt fire. Using any other button other then your mouse for alt fire would more then likely put you at a disadvantage to the millions on millions of other players who play with that ability. I don't know about you but if it wasn't right-clickable I would probably forget to use it. For the majority set of heros here like Zen, McCree, Roadhog and more importantly Genji. It would be a MASSIVE hassle. I'm sure there is a creative solution but I can guarantee that it will give PC players some sort of advantage.

Nothing against OSX though. Hopefully my comment here isn't out dated. I has been I hot minute since I used OSX I just remember one of the more annoying things about OSX was the lack of the right click.
Apple Mice specifically have had right click since the Mighty Mouse in 2005. Third party Mac mice have had it for decades, native OS support for right click contextual menus was introduced in 1997 in Mac OS 8.
06/18/2016 05:48 AMPosted by HeZ
Its okay if u dont make a mac version but then dont seel it on the battlenet app on mac. My friend got it on the Mac version of the battlenet app without a notice saying that the game u r purchasing cannot run on ur OS.

Same. I have a Mac (I'm not a gamer on my PC I just use it for work and college) my fiancé has a PC and bought a copy for me and gifted it to me, only for me to not be able to download it or play. I have a copy for my PS4 but we wanted to play together, but not enough to buy a new computer.

Luckily they gave a refund pretty quickly.
05/30/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Sinistar
As much dislike as this comment will probably get from mac users... but why would you want to play it on a Mac? In this game you need to be able to use both left and right clicks on your mouse to do you alt fire. Using any other button other then your mouse for alt fire would more then likely put you at a disadvantage to the millions on millions of other players who play with that ability. I don't know about you but if it wasn't right-clickable I would probably forget to use it. For the majority set of heros here like Zen, McCree, Roadhog and more importantly Genji. It would be a MASSIVE hassle. I'm sure there is a creative solution but I can guarantee that it will give PC players some sort of advantage.

Nothing against OSX though. Hopefully my comment here isn't out dated. I has been I hot minute since I used OSX I just remember one of the more annoying things about OSX was the lack of the right click.

You can use any mouse on MACs. I am using one right now to copy and paste this.
"You can use PC mouses on MACs. I am using one right now to copy and paste this. "
The macbook dosent work with over watch so dont watse your time and money
05/27/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Zebulun
05/27/2016 05:35 PMPosted by Tycho
Yeah, I have a new Macbook and it runs cleaner than any new computer I've built.

Except it can't play games...
Besides if you're building your own PC and it doesn't run "clean" then you are doing it right.

Are? lol
thet need to get it on mac, because more players more money and hopefully a LESS TOXIC team chat
07/21/2017 02:53 PMPosted by FunkeeMonkee
thet need to get it on mac, because more players more money and hopefully a LESS TOXIC team chat

You will get a lot of replies here saying "get a real pc", but really for most people this was unexpected - Blizzard has always supported macs for their games.

I think it will come eventually - Apple has some better graphics APIs these days, like Metal 2, which should help make it possible.

One thing that may be making it more difficult - MacOS has something called "gatekeeper" which is very strict about what applications can do, so this may be causing an issues with the anti-cheat methods used for Overwatch.
I'm pretty sure, all games in Blizzards lineup has a Mac version.

With the exception of Overwatch.

Boot camp option, is just lame, might as well buy a PC.

What's worse, Blizzard said it was a GPU specific reason why they didn't port a Mac version?

Literally, we are in the external GPU era, within a year it'll be the norm.

Please port a Mac version, I've seen plenty of Mac systems run Overwatch in boot camp with the internal GPU.
05/24/2016 04:34 PMPosted by Tracing

07/21/2017 03:02 PMPosted by EseNinoFao
What's worse, Blizzard said it was a GPU specific reason why they didn't port a Mac version?

Blizzard never said anything about a GPU specific reason for the port. It has always been a software graphics API issue.

Overwatch is built in DX11. It runs on PS4 in OpenGL fork from 2015-2016.

Based on the developer previews of macOS High Sierra, Metal 2 does not use the latest in OpenGL libraries. It's still running the same old version from 2011, which is 3 numbered versions behind Vulkan.

Until Metal uses a modern version, it will never be able to support Overwatch. Therefore, the only option is bootcamp.
when going on mac i be nice to play on my mac and when do thay going add doom fist on xbox one???????
I'm a year late and let's just say overwatch for Mac is out. How does one right click... my apartments have a computer room and it has 2 Macs but one does not can right click.
08/01/2017 11:40 PMPosted by PopCqrn
I'm a year late and let's just say overwatch for Mac is out. How does one right click... my apartments have a computer room and it has 2 Macs but one does not can right click.

Buy a $10 USB or Bluetooth mouse?
plz bring overwatch to mac
I tryed bootcamp and i bought pc version of overwatch on my macbook mid 15 , i5 and it was terrible FPS wich after PS4 looks like unplayable sh@#t . So the most easy way to play overwatch if you are mac user :

- Buy PS4
- Buy Overwatch
- Pay for PS+ every month / year
- Profit.