Overwatch for Mac?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
08/15/2017 08:37 AMPosted by МощныеШтаны
I tryed bootcamp and i bought pc version of overwatch on my macbook mid 15 , i5 and it was terrible FPS wich after PS4 looks like unplayable sh@#t . So the most easy way to play overwatch if you are mac user :

- Buy PS4
- Buy Overwatch
- Pay for PS+ every month / year
- Profit.

Let me correct you
Buy PC for the same price ( you don't need much resources to play OW )
Buy OW
Profit, not only you can play OW and other games, but now you have a REAL computer.
05/27/2016 05:44 PMPosted by Sciophyte
I'm running Overwatch in BootCamp on my iMac (27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB) and it plays beautifully with over 60 FPS on average. It took me a while to take advantage of BootCamp, and in terms of access to the latest and greatest games, it's one of the biggest favors I've done myself.
How do you get BootCamp?
Just for your information apple gives Metal a platform to develop impressive graphics with minimum gpu power but overwatch is focused on DirectX11-12 which is understandable.

Its not apples fault, its microsofts better strategic over the past 20 years in regards to gaming, as it wanted to have the monopoly when it comes to gaming.

05/24/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Xodin
With deep regrets, Macs are currently a bit behind in regards to their graphics capability. Kaplan said that Blizzard really wanted to bring Overwatch to the platform, but at the moment they just don't have the technological support from Apple needed to make it happen :( Which is a real shame since I know Blizzard has been one of the few companies since the 90's to try to offer versions of their games on both PC and Mac platforms.

Here's some info here on it:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/here-s-why-there-s-no-mac-version-of-overwatch-and-how-there-could-be-in-the-future
can overwatch run on macbook air?
I have managed to play Overwatch on:

• MacBook Pro 17-inch Early 2011 (i7 2.2Ghz with Radeon HD 6750M) - smooth 60FPS on 75% render on low details
  • MacBook Air 11-inch Mid 2012 (i7 2Ghz with Intel HD Graphics 4000) - 20-30FPS not ideal but runs on 50% very minimum

Both examples were used running Windows as either BootCamp or Parallels 13

Until Blizzard won't support Metal I wouldn't expect proper port for Mac. Until then we have to live alternatives but you CAN play!

GLHF :)
Honestly I say bliz gets rid of mac support for good because it slows down progress. Sorry apple users but there is a lot more coding involved for apple because they tend to have a lot of things you need to check where as windows will just run.

And for you apple users who say that a windows machine sucks. Build your own with quality parts and buy the OS your self. Store bought computer tends to mess windows a little and give you bloatware.
+1

As primarily a OS X user I really would like to run Overwatch natively and not have to reboot into Windows to pay it...
i know overwatch doesn't work on mac after i bough it. such a waste of money
i know overwatch doesn't work on mac after i bough it. such a waste of money
CAN YOU PLS PUT OVERWATCH ON MAC I VE BEEN KEPT PLAYING ON THIS ACRAP COMPUTER WHICH WAS ALMOST LIKE 5 YEARS OLD AND IT GAVE ME 10 FPS OR LOWER AND THE ONLY COMPUTER I HAVE WHICH ALSO WORKED WELL USING IT WAS A MAC. YES NOW PLS WHOEVER READS THIS POST DO SOMETHING.

ps: I'm being toxic idk why
05/24/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Xodin
With deep regrets, Macs are currently a bit behind in regards to their graphics capability. Kaplan said that Blizzard really wanted to bring Overwatch to the platform, but at the moment they just don't have the technological support from Apple needed to make it happen :( Which is a real shame since I know Blizzard has been one of the few companies since the 90's to try to offer versions of their games on both PC and Mac platforms.

Here's some info here on it:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/here-s-why-there-s-no-mac-version-of-overwatch-and-how-there-could-be-in-the-future
umm, my mac has 4k resolution ;-;
can you please put the game on mac
Anyone know if I buy (battle.net) Overwatch on my Bootcamp side, will it work when I boot on MacOS side with NVIDIA GeForce NOW? Thanks for any help.

All my Steam games work fine in NVIDIA GeForce NOW.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I can play the Tutorial in Overwatch in NVIDIA GeForce NOW just fine, on my iMac.
I got a gtx 980ti, 8gb ddr3 ram but i have a bad motherboard but the game runs on average 90-108 fps
Hi, guys! This thread has been locked; please be mindful of the date on a thread as to not resurrect/bump if it is fairly old. If you wish to provide feedback or participate in a discussion on a topic, be sure to start a new thread or find another that's recent. Thank you!